What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canada Running Out of Cannabis!

Skip

Veteran
Apparently so many Canadians are now using medical marijuana, that the legal supply is unable to keep up with the demand.

With more than 167,000 registered medicinal marijuana patients in Canada, cannabis producers are having to ramp up quickly, while more are expected to come on line in the next year. It takes at least year for a new grower to gear up production after government approval to grow.

And then there's legalization of recreational marijuana coming to Canada next year, which presents an even greater demand. Under the new law, Canadians will be able to grow four plants at home, so that should help supply somewhat.

Trudeau’s plan for recreational sales could reach C$6 billion ($4.5 billion) annually by 2021. Combined demand for recreational and medical marijuana may reach 575,000 kilograms by 2021

1000x-1.png

Read more here:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-unusual-drug-problem-a-shortage-of-marijuana

Limeygreen

Veteran
If there is such a shortfall, why is it taking them so long to approve medical home growing licences?

YetiOG

I keep breaking the law I do what I want
Legal weed is trash anyway why do we talk about it on a grow site?

Buddha1

Veteran
IMO...

If they allowed Medical growers to sell there excess and add the income to there yearly taxes. There would be plenty of Medicine to go around...patients would have a better life style(extra cash to live) and the government would have more tax dollars to hire people to process all the applications for the ACMPR that they say are over welming them...a simple win/win solution for all.

But of course this will never happen...it makes too much sense. And of course...The LP'S would have to lower there prices and up there quality(substantially)...just to compete.

And that would never do...millionaire's competing with the little guy and not having a monopoly...OUTRAGEOUS!!

Peace...B

Limeygreen

Veteran
That is where dispensaries would come in handy, excess sold to dispensaries, dispensaries can put a hold on buying until products are tested for mold and pesticides/fungicides. You could bulk say 5 packs together, test them together to save on costs then if it comes back positive you test individual samples to see if it is all or one or two etc. That should fulfill health Canada's requirements from a health standpoint and help ease into the market as well as help people grow better products knowing they are liable for it and could lose any tainted product being barred from selling for a set period. It would also allow for small batches to be sold and people to test varieties that work well for them where they could buy clones or seeds, produce it for themselves or others, really could change what is grown in which area depending on actual need of surrounding patients and help even the LP's by knowing what people need rather than what they offer.

Gmack

Would be cool but will never happen. They won't give up the cash they'll loose if they did that. There will be no room for home producer to sell there excess.

stonedfly

In BC we have dispensaries all over the place, some test your product for mold and pests when you sell it to them ...

I don't see what's wrong with people getting by having a mellow garden to help with the mortgage ...

I'm hoping as all things change they stay the same ... I kinda like dealing with the dispensary though .. reminds me of Carl, but less sketchy

diffusing

In BC we have dispensaries all over the place, some test your product for mold and pests when you sell it to them ...

I don't see what's wrong with people getting by having a mellow garden to help with the mortgage ...

I'm hoping as all things change they stay the same ... I kinda like dealing with the dispensary though .. reminds me of Carl, but less sketchy

feel free to PM me with BC dispensaries that do test for mold/pesticides..and will provide the test results to the customer. I've yet to find one. its too 'expensive' and they trust/know the growers. heh

or post em publicly if thats allowed, i dunno. i've been looking and have not found.

thx

troutman

Seed Whore
Selling out of product and not making a profit! Wow that's business savy
https://news.vice.com/story/canopy-growth-posts-fourth-quarter-loss

They are stupid. Growing indoors of almost any crop isn't feasible on a huge level.
They all got in over their heads and most of these people probably never grown a
plant before they were legal. I hope they all go bankrupt.

Is corn, wheat, potatoes grown indoors? There's a reason.

Maybe they'll figure it out one day. :biggrin:

First rule of business = Location, Location, Location. :woohoo:

Gmack

They are stupid. Growing indoors of almost any crop isn't feasible on a huge level.
They all got in over their heads and most of these people probably never grown a
plant before they were legal. I hope they all go bankrupt.

Is corn, wheat, potatoes grown indoors? There's a reason.

Maybe they'll figure it out one day. :biggrin:

First rule of business = Location, Location, Location. :woohoo:

They are selling "sun grown" buds for $6 a gram. Still not making a profit.

"It is worth noting that “Sun-Grown Morris”, a Tweed-branded strain of cannabis already sells for $6 per gram — the average selling price of weed at Canopy is $8.03 per gram"

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Sad they can't actually come up with a brand and strains of there own. Just some DNA genetics renamed, and then poorly grown.

I don't mind if they don't want to breed their own strains, but why do LP's have to rename every strain? Call the fucking plant what the breeders named it, stop the bullshit!

troutman

Seed Whore
This is what is is.

Morris is an indica-dominant strain with light verdant green buds, highlighted with orange pistils. This strain’s aroma is sweet and earthy with subtle hints of citrus.
Morris is a cross between Chem 91 and Captain Krypt OG, making it a relative of Donegal (Chemdawg), one of the first strains Tweed ever grew.
The strong indica genetics of this strain are reported by customers to make it well-suited for those looking for predominantly relaxing and physical effects.

Raho

Veteran
Damn, only 12% THC from Chem 91 x OG.
They are fucking that shit up over there.
And the names . . . so lame.

You can tell from troutman's pics that they're not ripening plants to maturity.

The lack of developed glandular heads is a dead giveaway.

Latest posts

Latest posts