What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suggestions for hash

kurlyq2g

ISO (isopropyl alcohol) extraction works pretty well, you can find tutorial all over this site, just had some of my buddy's ISO yesterday.. .nice golden color, melts up all pretty, cheaper then bubble bags (scary scary prices tags on them) and safer than honey oil/butane... not too hard to pull off right either....
but if you got the money and the trichomes to make it worth while , and want the best quality then i would go bubblebag imo

Devilock

You need a good amount of trim for the bags, but if you don't wanna save it you can make some nice hash with just a dry seive. Peace and *bong* :friends:

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
make a bottle of cooking oil with your trim, might make two bottles. then you will have two bottles of some potent ass oil for cooking. you would be impressed.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
bubble hash is nice cause you can use it right away once its dry. cooking oil is an idea, but if you wanna cook with it then i'd make canna-butter instead.

by the way a 1 gallon set of bubble bags could be used for quite large amounts if one got a big bucket to do the mixing in, then you could pour the water through the 1 gallon bags collecting the resin and filtering the trim and ice out in the 220 bag.

if you want the cheapest way to do an ice water extraction, then you can just buy a brewers net. do your mixing in a bucket with trim ice and water. then pour the bucket through the brewers net bag into another bucket. all the trim and ice will stay in the brewers bag. then you just pour the water from the bucket through a sheet or better yet a paper coffee filter inside one of those coffee filer holders. all the hash will stay in the filter for you to collect. cheap and efficient, you just don't get the same quality as you would with a 7 bag kit. but you will still have a great product thats for sure.

peace and good luck

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you choose the cooking route you can keep oil for a lot longer then you can keep butter. that is the only reason i suggested oil. i always cook with the butter, but that is because i am using it right away. :)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i freez the cannabutter till i'm ready to use it. good point about the longlivity of the oil compared to butter though. but if you freez it you can also keep it indeffinetly. i just prefer to make hash with the trim because only so much can be eaten lol, and i can still make canna butter with the hash if i want to.

tainted

ALL your scraps can be made into butter..including water hash and tane scraps...

use european style butter..especially that from normandy/france..has higher butter fat content and the other flavours conceal the funk taste a lil better..

stirring and whipping into a "majeure de butter" also improves taste...

C

Chamba

Gypsy's dual screen frame stash boxes are an item you can use every day (or every hour!) .....the hash produced from this box will be as good as the best hash out there...and you can store your grinder, lighter, bud, papers, spoon, poker, etc etc in the side storage compartment too.....and more importantly, it locks!

do a search through my previous posts for lots of info on using dual or triple screen frames for making hash.....as I often get involved in threads about dry sifting and kiffing.

Gypsy's new stash box is offered for sale with choices of Zebra wood or Ash burl veneer...I own the ash burl model and it's excellent.

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin...eal_Wood_Kif_Box__Zebrano.cfm?iProductID=3481

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin...al_Wood_Kif_Box__Ash_Burl.cfm?iProductID=3480

and for the hash connoisseur..here's a bigger box from Bubbleman that has 3 screen frames for those who want to make the dry sift that bubbles!

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin...Luxury_Cherrywood_Kif_Box.cfm?iProductID=3306

and let me just add the high from sativa bud kif (that has been carefully triple sifted over two or three screen frames) is the ultimate in altitude, complexity, taste, flavour, simplicity and satisfaction...

if cannabis was legal ...none of us would smoke bud...we would not even consider using potentially dangerous and harmful petro-chemicals or alcohol to disolve and extract resin heads ...or bother with the ice hash process that seems to leach out some of the fullness & complexity of the high as well as some of the flavor.....we all would be transforming all of our harvests into wonderful dry sift kif!

"Dry Sifted Kif!...come to where the flavour is"​

Last edited:
C

Chamba

and the remainding plant material from dry sifting can be jointed (if it has been only lightly kiffed) or made into cannabutter (if the material has been worked hard)

here's a song from Charles Cannavour ....that says it all...

Kif, in the Old Fashioned Way.
Won't you do it with your arms?

l. Just melt against my flame
And let me feel your taste,
Don't let the chemicals win
By disolving resin apart.
Come dry sift where you belong.
Let's inhale our secret song.

Dry sift in the Old Fashioned Way.
Won't you do it with your arms?

2. And we'll discover highs
We never knew before,