Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > afghan and red trichomes

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Zamnesia
afghan and red trichomes Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2017, 11:12 PM #1
igrowone

igrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud of
afghan and red trichomes

i have seen this posted in various places
it's a practice of ripening right into december, pick when it's frost cured and snow on the ground
trichomes get a reddish color, or so the story goes
who has actually seen this? i searched this forum and not seeing anything much on afghan trichomes particulars

i will put this in context., ripening an old mazar sb freebie
at 10 weeks it's all clear trichomes, healthy, but a rather small compact plant

Old 06-18-2017, 11:17 PM #2
YetiOG
Banned

YetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by igrowone View Post
i have seen this posted in various places
it's a practice of ripening right into december, pick when it's frost cured and snow on the ground
trichomes get a reddish color, or so the story goes
who has actually seen this? i searched this forum and not seeing anything much on afghan trichomes particulars

i will put this in context., ripening an old mazar sb freebie
at 10 weeks it's all clear trichomes, healthy, but a rather small compact plant
Red trichrome dosent sound good. Might be visually appealing but I would suspect wouldn t help the the level.

I've smoked weed that has been hit by frost. Half the plant one the one side got it the other half didn't anyway the guy who gave it to me said try both and tell him which was better after would tell me what's up, so I did he told me the nasty shit was frost damaged... so yeah frost damaged weed least then was not good but neat experiment can't hurt to find out what's uo
YetiOG is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:25 PM #3
igrowone

igrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud of
it's hard for me to guess what a red trichome looks like
amber with a red tinge? or something else?
i'd agree with you on a lot of strains, frost may equal crap
but i've seen this method mentioned in a number of places, it sounds like it might work for certain afghan cultivars

Old 06-18-2017, 11:41 PM #4
troutman

troutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to behold
If they are red it's probably because your plants are overripe and the THC is degrading into CBN.

Check this:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...59&postcount=1
troutman is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2017, 11:46 PM #5
igrowone

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
If they are red it's probably because your plants are overripe and the THC is degrading into CBN.
that's what we're taught here
and may well be true for the hybrids we commonly grow
but seen much praise for certain afghan hashes
there is good indoor, and there's good outdoor
some of the old afghan hash often described as very relaxing and anxiety free
i would like that if i can get it

edit: and yes, i've seen that chart many times, not saying it's bad, but maybe it's not the whole story

Old 06-19-2017, 12:28 AM #6
Lrus007

Lrus007 is a jewel in the roughLrus007 is a jewel in the roughLrus007 is a jewel in the roughLrus007 is a jewel in the roughLrus007 is a jewel in the roughLrus007 is a jewel in the roughLrus007 is a jewel in the roughLrus007 is a jewel in the rough
depends on the strain.
i have a plant that makes red hash.
enjoy Lrus007
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	red hash.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	417108
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof
Lrus007 is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:31 AM #7
igrowone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrus007 View Post
depends on the strain.
enjoy Lrus007
wow! that is what i'm talking about
you can't smoke a picture, but i wish i could

Old 06-19-2017, 01:55 AM #8
troutman

troutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to beholdtroutman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrus007 View Post
depends on the strain.
enjoy Lrus007
What strain is that?
troutman is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 02:45 AM #9
Lrus007

Lrus007 is a jewel in the roughLrus007 is a jewel in the roughLrus007 is a jewel in the roughLrus007 is a jewel in the roughLrus007 is a jewel in the roughLrus007 is a jewel in the roughLrus007 is a jewel in the roughLrus007 is a jewel in the rough
is something i made in 1982.
had no name. we did not name most pot
back then. has hash tasting buds. so some
called it a hashplant. when i got onto the net
was asked what it's called ? so i call it Lhp.
Lrus007
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lhp1.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	417131
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof
Lrus007 is online now Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 03:27 AM #10
geneva_sativa

geneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud of
RSC used to sell Shiberghan seed which was reported to produce red garda ?
geneva_sativa is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.