Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Storing pollen Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2017, 10:33 AM #1
Popey

Popey is on a distinguished road
Storing pollen

Hi !

I want to store some pollen in the freezer for a few months (3-4). Which temperature will be best ?

Thanks.
Popey is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2017, 02:09 PM #2
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
For pollen... Freeze it & keep it that way.
Once your ready to use it, get it out & let it warm up for a few hours before dusting your ladies.

If you want to use that pollen more than once, freeze several baggies & only get out what you need when you need it.

Pollen can be stored for about a year, maybe longer, ime.
MJPassion is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:27 PM #3
WelderDan

WelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
For pollen... Freeze it & keep it that way.
Once your ready to use it, get it out & let it warm up for a few hours before dusting your ladies.

If you want to use that pollen more than once, freeze several baggies & only get out what you need when you need it.

Pollen can be stored for about a year, maybe longer, ime.
I agree with this. It basically can't be refrozen, so keep that in mind. Make several small baggies (a little goes a long way). I like to use an artist brush (Q-Tip works in a pinch) for application.

I've got some in the freezer going on 3 years. Will test the viability her soon.

Cherry Bomb x C99

When I was a young man, I was convinced I had the world by the tail. It wasn't until I was older that I realized that the world had me by the tail the whole time, I just didn't know it.
WelderDan is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2017, 05:59 PM #4
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
the important thing when freezing pollen (just like seeds) is to make sure it is dry. fresh pollen has a fair bit of moisture in it which will condense out in the container as it cools down in the freezer and is likely to spoil the pollen.

to dry it, i put the collected pollen on a piece of paper and seal it into a container with some rice or silica gel and leave it for a day or two, then i put the dry pollen into a clean dry vial and freeze it.

VG

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.