Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > Did being a lazy stoner ever save your life?

Thread Title Search
Did being a lazy stoner ever save your life? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2017, 06:19 AM #1
beefalo bill

beefalo bill is just really nicebeefalo bill is just really nicebeefalo bill is just really nicebeefalo bill is just really nicebeefalo bill is just really nicebeefalo bill is just really nicebeefalo bill is just really nicebeefalo bill is just really nicebeefalo bill is just really nicebeefalo bill is just really nice
Question Did being a lazy stoner ever save your life?

It did mine. Back in the 90's, a couple friends and I traveled a few hours to a touristy town. One of the guy's had an uncle with a trailer and some land nearby, where we planned to stay.
Traveling on mostly back-roads, we did as youngsters do, and were in fine shape by the time we reached the tourist trap. Instead of heading straight to camp, we decided to hit the uptown area where all the bars and parties usually happened.
While bopping in and out of shops, the weather turned, and tornado sirens started blaring. We heard a radio program get interrupted for the storm alert, stating that a funnel cloud had been spotted in a nearby area.
Not knowing the area all that well, I asked the guy running the store how far away that is. He said we could stay inside the store, or leave now, because he was boarding up, and that twister could be less than mile away, or 10 miles away.
Not wanting to hang out with some stranger in his store while just shy of drooling-ly stoned, we bolted and tried to figure out what we were going to do. I had lost all motivation for setting up a camp, so I talked my buddies into going together on getting a hotel room.
We pretty much baked ourselves to sleep shortly thereafter, woke up the next day, and went on with plans for the weekend.
A week later, my buddy finds out that his uncle's place had been hit by the tornado, (the only place that tornado touched down) and though his trailer and barn were largely unharmed, the ring of trees where the bonfire pit and tents were normally put was completely demolished.
We went back up a few weeks later to start chopping down what was left of the trees for fire wood. There were seven MASSIVE trees, all completely uprooted, leaving a giant crater some 10-15 feet deep underneath the twisted mass of trees. It was such a mess, his uncle ended up calling a service to come and chop up all the wood.
There's no was we would've survived that, had we went straight to camp to set up. That's how being a stoner saved my life...that time.
beefalo bill is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:50 AM #2
stoney917
i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD

Location: sPeCial EdUcAtIoN tRaiLoR behind the school with the rest of the window lickers
stoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant future
Was late as fuck

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:28 PM #3
accessndx
♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom...And a poom-poom♫

accessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant futureaccessndx has a brilliant future
Every single second of every single day

You can't kick me because your brain is stupid!
Death: Adventure Time
Jimi Hendrix: "Are You Experienced?":
So-er, Are You Experienced?
Ah! Have you ever been experienced?
Well, I have
Ah, let me prove it to you

*FORECAST IS GUMMY: WITH A CHANCE OF STUPOR*
accessndx is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:20 PM #4
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
sat around fucked up until my mom asked "aren't you supposed to meet someone at the bowling alley?" oh shit! leaped up & drove downtown, guy at the counter says "he just left to ride around & burn one, said to tell you he'd be back in half an hour." twenty minutes later, phone rings. his GF tells me he had been hit head-on by some kids in an Oldsmobile, crushed his VW beyond recognition. passenger side mashed flat, steering wheel was embedded in drivers seat. he lived, but if i had been on time...

Old 06-18-2017, 03:51 AM #5
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant future
Was booked on a flight from Miami in the 90's and canceled due to
money troubles related to a big buy gone bad.

Plane crashed in the Everglades, all hands lost.

Stranger things have happened, but no way to know
ahead of time what our snap decisions will yield.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:28 PM #6
PODCOAWNOE

PODCOAWNOE will become famous soon enough
yes it has
PODCOAWNOE is offline Quote

Old 07-23-2018, 04:08 AM #7
doams

doams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nice
all the time.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:46 PM #8
GOT_BUD?

GOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to behold
No. But Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy, American Dad) is alive today because he was a drunk.

He was so hung over one day that he missed his flight. Which was one of the two planes that flew into the World Trade Center towers.

Coincidentally, Mark Wahlburg was also scheduled to be on the same flight, but cancelled last minute.
GOT_BUD? is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:13 PM #9
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
Being a lazy stoner has caused 3 wives to divorce me.

As far as I am concerned being a lazy stoner saved my life THREE times.

Currently waiting to be saved a fourth time.

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:02 PM #10
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT_BUD? View Post
No. But Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy, American Dad) is alive today because he was a drunk.

He was so hung over one day that he missed his flight. Which was one of the two planes that flew into the World Trade Center towers.

Coincidentally, Mark Wahlburg was also scheduled to be on the same flight, but cancelled last minute.

James Woods also claimed to have been scheduled for one of those flights. Really makes you go hmmmmmmm.