What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

rolling with tobacco

mayorofthdesert

i don't think i've ever smoked a blunt in my life (46 & set in my ways maybe) but i've rolled cigs since my early 20's & have developed a habit of rolling joints with 15-25% tobacco & the last bit 100% so i can just toss the roach. i find it really smooths out the smoke while still letting the flavor through. it does change the flavor profile some but the fact i'm, not coughing/hacking i can enjoy the flavor more. i have a harder time distinguishing flavors with a bowl of straight weed than a weed/tobaccoo joint. i'm curious if blunt folks enjoy this effect as well...

i know rolling tobacco & pot is common in europe.

Floridian

Veteran
Change the flavor profile some?Is that all you're smoking lol?Don't mind me it's just a shame when folks poison themselves throwing a positive light on it.Carry on.

shithawk420

Veteran
Riley Freeman:smoking with ciggawetts!Boondocks. But seriously I like a blunt every so often.I don't smoke with ciggawetts so I like a nicotine buzz a couple times a year.sorry for the lame joke

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I'm with Floridian.. I quit in 1982, 4 packs a day.. tried some mixed w tabacci when visiting relatives in Italy.. ONE! hit and almost coughed up one of my nuts... I'm not one of those reformed smokers but do not need or want a path to the resumption of smoking cigs..

idiit

Veteran
I love smoking cannabis blunts. it does change the terp profile. some of the strains that ppl who smoke bowls can't stand terp wise are fine in a blunt if you like that terp profile the blunt brings in. really comes in handy for some of the landrace sativas with a rude taste (not all landrace sats taste good).

today ppl are judging strains by terps being in the top one , two or three top criteria. I like the high effects with good-great potency and long duration of high. some of the Malawi's ( including hybrids) I love smoke great in a cannabis blunt. I much prefer blunts to bowls personally. but hey! i'm a cigar smoker so wtf.

Floridian

Veteran
I didn't mean to sound crude I meant nothing personal and hope nobody took it that way.I used to love tobacco myself for a whole lot of decades its just so fuckin harmful in so many ways I hate it myself,I just have to remember not everyone feels that way.I really used to despise those preachy ex-smokers with an I'm better/smarter than you attitude always sounding condescending on the subject,I would really hate to come off as one of those type people.To each his own

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I didn't mean to sound crude I meant nothing personal and hope nobody took it that way.I used to love tobacco myself for a whole lot of decades its just so fuckin harmful in so many ways I hate it myself,I just have to remember not everyone feels that way.I really used to despise those preachy ex-smokers with an I'm better/smarter than you attitude always sounding condescending on the subject,I would really hate to come off as one of those type people.To each his own

Personally, I took what you said as 'all good'.. now, "I" can be condescending occasionally, if I was, didn't mean to be but facts are facts.. if one want to smoke... anything.. its your decision... :biggrin:

Turning into the "i'm sorry thread" ... I'm NOT sorry! :biggrin:

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Cannabis mixed with tobacco not only affects the flavour of the Cannabis, but also affects the effect / high. I don't like it at all, in fact, I always pass on the mixed joints when offered.

To me, it is like having a good whiskey and you add cola to it. And just as the sugar from the cola affects the effect of alcohol, so does the tobacco with the herb.

Many people tend to get a 'whitey' when they smoke cannabis when mixed with tobacco; I see it all the time with south and north Americans that come here and locals share a joint with them, 95% of tokers mix with tobacco here...

Floridian

Veteran
Naw I'm definitely not sorry about the way I feel on the subject,I'm grateful as hell I feel that way actually.I think I sounded a little "I'm better than you" though and for my choice of wording and expression I'm sorry.You know I'm just not a believer in any kind of prohibition on adults for any substance I can think of,but if there were one placed on tobacco at least I'd be able to understand the reason behind it,I just don't understand at all the prohibition placed on the hoochieKooaramma period.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Unfortunately...

Unfortunately...

Preachy ex smokers are maybe just telling people something they aren't ready to hear...

My sons good friend died at 33 years old last year of lung cancer.

He was a great guy a carpenter. He went pretty quickly, about 6 months.

I quit in 1978. It's hard to quit even if you want to.

I have cancer and I don't judge anyone.

Peace

P.S. My son smokes and I'm trying to get him to stop

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Preachy ex smokers are maybe just telling people something they aren't ready to hear...
guess its how and who interprets the rhetoric being 'preached'.
Those that enlighten are after nothing more than your good/continued health. But I get it.

HeriMarry

i don't think i've ever smoked a blunt in my life (46 & set in my ways maybe) but i've rolled cigs since my early 20's & have developed a habit of rolling joints with 15-25% tobacco & the last bit 100% so i can just toss the roach. i find it really smooths out the smoke while still letting the flavor through. it does change the flavor profile some but the fact i'm, not coughing/hacking i can enjoy the flavor more. i have a harder time distinguishing flavors with a bowl of straight weed than a weed/tobaccoo joint. i'm curious if blunt folks enjoy this effect as well...

i know rolling tobacco & pot is common in europe.

If it's a cough inducing weed, In a blunt it will still make you cough. I smoke blunts in groups of 3 or more. You can add a little baccy to the blunt an get that smoother effect, you can also add a little bit of fan leaves instead of baccy an get a smoother hit.Try it in a joint also with fan leaves or any leaf material that is not "sugared" instead of baccy. But try to stay away from the baccy an blunts, you will notice the difference IMO.

solofoe

I feel ppl are assuming I use tobacco by my previous statement... I dont... anymore... I'm on the preacher man side of the argument

M

metsäkana

https://herb.co/2016/06/24/smoke-weed-and-tobacco/

https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/the-complex-effects-of-nicotine-when-mixed-with-cannabis/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2440496/

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/good-news-for-people-who-smoke-their-weed-with-tobacco

lol

lets add some fuel to fire

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/psychological-medicine/article/acute-memory-and-psychotomimetic-effects-of-cannabis-and-tobacco-both-joint-and-individually-a-placebocontrolled-trial/D11A6A8620CFDBD39440A1DCA423B411

''The research is particularly relevant to the UK, as according the latest Global Drug Survey, up to 90 percent of European cannabis smokers add tobacco.''

someone tell me why i cant get the link out of this lol

try to tell european buy a vape or smoke clean weed, they look you like crazy

this is what they tell you adding cigaret makes the weed work more and it last longer
some say they dont get so paranoid

if 500 people smoke weed only like 3 of them have vape or only smoke clean weed for me exprience: P in europe so my guess is over 90%

i have quited and started many times

reason for starting again is i might smoke too much weed and mixing really makes it last little longer maybe and if shitstorm is upon you little cigaret might help or learn meditation most choose to smoke a cig
its hard to get ton of oil to vape if you dont have ton of indoor space in north summer is short and harsh so might not get even 10% what you dreamed
cost of weed might be more here too than in america, places where its legal i get thats its easy to smoke ton of oil

Last edited:

mayorofthdesert

i had no idea that some people feel a difference in the effects smoking a mix. interesting, can't say i have but i'll pay more attention now.

also, i don't mind the preaching, i hate the fact that i smoke cigs.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bloody love mixing.

For someone who makes concentrate, I dab maybe once a month, but rarely a day goes by without a spliff. Hash, rosin, BHO, whatever. Say or think what you will, it is my preference. To each their own says I.

Before I mixed grass and tobacco. I enjoy to smoke the whole joint but I rarely want to be that stoned. The butt end is always 100% tobacco. Not that I won't flick a straight roach. Collecting roaches always reminds me of buttpickers. Now I rarely mix with cannabis and just butt it out when I have had my fill and put it in a container for later.

BobsMunchies

cant understand why people mix...to each there own. give me a bong and a herb iron and im just fine...if your gonna use why not use the best ?

Slabs

the way I see it, tobacco in a joint ruins any if not all of the flavor associated with the herb. if a nicotine buzz is what youre after then, like others have mentioned, smoke a well rolled blunt and youll be buzzin fer sure. ive smoked my fair share of spliffs and since quitting cigarette smoking it really does nothing for me. personal preferrance though, to each their own.:smokey: