What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pollen Sacks Opening PIc?

FrayedO

Dose some one have a image of what the pollen sacks look like right before/while opening the sacs so I can see when the prime time would be to take pollen and pollenate?

Guest423

Veteran
no pic but the sacs swell up, then they slowly open like a claw and release the pollen...when they start to open you can tap them with your finger and collect the pollen on glass, film container, or wax paper.

i forgot that i have this pic

see how the sacs up higher are still closed and swelling? they are about to open any day.....if you look lower you can see how some sacs look more flat and open...they are or are gonna be releasing pollen any hour.

Last edited:

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its the right time to start now picking off the mature pollen sacks with the content ! Do it daily and carefully not to destroy the younger ones

the yellow one is ready , the green ones still need some days ....

hope that helps

Fj

Guest423

Veteran
that a boy FJ, i was gonna tell him to check out your breeding thread because i've seen alot of impressive males over there.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FrayedO said:
THANX ALOT! thats exactly what I was looking for now I can make my WolfeWidow's!

what´s that ? ww ?

and thx T2U ;) just trying to preserve some gems :D wahahahahaaaa

Fj

FrayedO

Well I got a nice purple white widow outdoors and I gots some males and I wanted to pollante the WW because, wouldnt those seeds be the Purple Pheno? Or no?

FrayedO

So you think its ever worth making the seeds?Or would it degrade the THC to much for it to be worth it?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
oh no go for it. Unless you use a poor male, then there's no need for anything to degrade. Select wisely and you could even improve them. Just saying if the colour is the only thing that you are chasing, you may need to do it a few times to try to stabalise that trait. And not to expect all the babies to take after mum in that respect.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here we grow :D

within 24hours these stamen released pollen... the strain, Chitral [Nirvana BV]

peace
dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Heres what johney "the wad" holmes looks like when he busts a nut. :yoinks:

This is my male NYCD plant used in the last bunch of crosses I made.

Guest423

Veteran
FrayedO said:
Well I got a nice purple white widow outdoors and I gots some males and I wanted to pollante the WW because, wouldnt those seeds be the Purple Pheno? Or no?

i take it that you have the nirvana version of the WW? if you pollinate her not every seed will be the purple pheno....there will be some purple phenos though and it would be worth making seed.

but if you take them seeds and find the purple phenos and keep crossing them generation after generation you could end up with a stable purple pheno WW....depends how much effort you want to put into it.

D

dre86

Verite said:
Heres what johney "the wad" holmes looks like when he busts a nut. :yoinks:

This is my male NYCD plant used in the last bunch of crosses I made.

o-m-g :yoinks:

G

so lemme get this straight, the little pods open up and release little bananas that drop pollen 24 hours after the banans being spotted?