Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > The NEW C99 brother Grimm

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
The NEW C99 brother Grimm Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2017, 09:59 PM #1
Kinkao

Kinkao will become famous soon enough
The NEW C99 brother Grimm

As a report i have to say that people should expect a lot of males

My last experience, 6 seeds to sprout, only 5 popped out, i kept them in veg for 9 weeks, and ended up with 5 Males .

Side to it all my Citrique from Exotic Genetix sprouted and had 1 male and 5 females .

150$ a pack of what is suppose to be the holly grail strain, 100% males over 5 beans ... Maybe i got unlucky ?

Anyone tried the new version of C99 ?

Thank you
Kinkao is offline Quote

Old 06-16-2017, 02:20 AM #2
Natural high

Natural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinkao View Post
As a report i have to say that people should expect a lot of males

My last experience, 6 seeds to sprout, only 5 popped out, i kept them in veg for 9 weeks, and ended up with 5 Males.
The sex of a seed is determined at fertilization and will depend on whether the male gamete carry's the X or Y chromosome. So with regular seeds getting a male or female is a toss of the coin for every seed, so you just got unlucky.

Hope this helps
Natural high is offline Quote

Old 06-16-2017, 02:51 AM #3
~star~crash~

~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor
i grew out the new Grimm C99,,,11 seeds planted,11 seeds sprouted healthy plants...6 males and 5 females...

~star~crash~ is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:35 AM #4
bushed

bushed will become famous soon enoughbushed will become famous soon enough
Hey, did you photograph your grow? As stated above this was nature working against you, however it has been reported that produces of premium priced seeds often will gift a pack of seeds when asked nicely in the event of coming across a pack that is all males. So you could try and email the brothers grimme and see what they say.

Also something I have come across once when I was lazy watering my plants in coco after switching to 12/12, leaving them short of water during the short window of time that sex begins to show. I had 16 males out of twenty plants. I did a little research and someone here with credibility (possibly chimera, but cant remember for sure) agreed.

It makes sense from a natural selection point of view that when lacking in water there will be more males in the hope that one survives to pollinate for the next generation. When there is plenty of water it makes sense to have more females as this results in more genetic diversity.

This is not to say that this is what happened in your case, just an interesting related piece of information.
bushed is offline Quote

Old 06-16-2017, 04:36 AM #5
Natural high

Natural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of lightNatural high is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushed View Post
It makes sense from a natural selection point of view that when lacking in water there will be more males in the hope that one survives to pollinate for the next generation. When there is plenty of water it makes sense to have more females as this results in more genetic diversity.
Hi Bushed. With all due respect for your experience, there is no evidence whatsoever that anything which occurs following fertilization can change the sex of an otherwise female plant (i.e. two X chromosomes). Certainly stress can induce Hermaphrodism in some plants, and some genetics are more sensitive to this than others. If you got 16 true males out of twenty then you got unlucky as well.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:32 AM #6
bushed

bushed will become famous soon enoughbushed will become famous soon enough
Thanks for your respectful reply natural high, I'm far from an expert on this matter and what you said makes prefect sense.

It is very possible also that the plants in question were very male looking hermaphrodites as the seeds were inbred blueberry plants. I wish I could find the post where people more knowledgeable than myself are talking about this but cant find it.
bushed is offline Quote

Old 06-16-2017, 06:11 AM #7
Natural high

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushed View Post
It is very possible also that the plants in question were very male looking hermaphrodites as the seeds were inbred blueberry plants.
I grew 22 sativa's outdoors from seed gifted to me.

About a half were essentially female, with one or two having the old male flower; a quarter showed a few male flowers initially then (mainly) all female flowers; and the other quarter a few female first flowers then all male flowers. Talk about a dud batch of seed.

I concluded that the seeds I was given were probably created in a similar situation to my grow, with the hermaphrodite tenancy passed to all the offspring.

Fantastic smoke though

Old 06-17-2017, 01:59 AM #8
DeMonet

DeMonet is on a distinguished road
Chimera says, in the Jorge book's breeding section at the back, that temperature during germination can influence sex. Cooler temps tend to result in more females than warmer temps.

I'm certainly no expert, but if true, that may have played a part in your maletastrophe.
DeMonet is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2017, 02:38 AM #9
Natural high

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMonet View Post
Chimera says, in the Jorge book's breeding section at the back, that temperature during germination can influence sex
Anyone who understands meiosis will know that this is not possible. The sex of a seed is determined at fertilization and depends on whether the male gamete possesses the X or Y chromosome - It can't have both.

Cheers

Old 06-17-2017, 03:36 AM #10
rolandomota

rolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of light
Those other seeds might all be female its about a 50 50 chance most of the time. Make seeds and never have to buy a pack for 150 again.
rolandomota is offline Quote