Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Starke's Story: An LED Tale

Thread Title Search
Starke's Story: An LED Tale Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2020, 05:01 PM #581
starke

starke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond repute
Update Flower Day 56

At the eight week mark and the ladies are winding down. I found a pencil eraser size spot of bud rot on one of the BBxWW colas so she is going to be harvested today. I inspected the rest of the ladies and they look good for now. All are running about 90% cloudy trichs with maybe two or three percent amber. I'm hoping the other ladies will make it to the nine week mark just to see what happens. These are all eight to ten week strains but I've always harvested at the seven to eight week mark - usually do to some bullshit circumstance like bud rot. Fingers crossed this time.

Last pic of all the ladies standing this morning. Will post a few pics of the BBxWW once chopped:

Peace,
starke
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

ACTIVE

Outdoor Hydro Herbs and Leafy Greens (Current Grow Begins on Page 5)

Completed
starke is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:03 PM #582
starke

starke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond repute
BBxWW Harvest

The misses and I finished rough trimming the BBxWW a few minutes ago. This first plant tells me I'm going to be a fan of the defol technique I used this time (Big thanks to member Ichabod Crane). I have never had larger or denser buds in any previous grow.

I'm guessing around six zips when dry enough to jar but that's just a wild ass guess since I've never had buds this size to deal with. Most importantly there was virtually no larf or popcorn. The total trim from this plant is about one half, maybe even a third, the amount we usually have. That is actually a two edge sword though. I'll miss all that trim for making oil and gummies.

Peace,
starke
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

ACTIVE

Completed
starke is offline Quote

14 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:21 PM #583
starke

Final Flower Update

The remaining three ladies were harvested yesterday and the BBxWW went into jars. No pics now but I will get some bud pics once everything is in jars and I can get some weights. The remaining three ladies trimmed up like the BBxWW with virtually no larf so I am a happy camper.

Cleaned the room and am about to put four more ladies in. Pics when that's done too.

Peace,
starke

ACTIVE

Completed
starke is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:47 AM #584
DARKSIDER
Official Seed Tester And

DARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post
The remaining three ladies were harvested yesterday and the BBxWW went into jars. No pics now but I will get some bud pics once everything is in jars and I can get some weights. The remaining three ladies trimmed up like the BBxWW with virtually no larf so I am a happy camper.

Cleaned the room and am about to put four more ladies in. Pics when that's done too.

Peace,
starke
Good job starke and good haul look forward to more updates.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:55 PM #585
mrghost

mrghost is just really nicemrghost is just really nicemrghost is just really nicemrghost is just really nicemrghost is just really nicemrghost is just really nicemrghost is just really nicemrghost is just really nicemrghost is just really nicemrghost is just really nicemrghost is just really nice
looks like everything worked out fine after all.

Old 01-27-2020, 02:55 AM #586
olday

olday is a jewel in the rougholday is a jewel in the rougholday is a jewel in the rougholday is a jewel in the rougholday is a jewel in the rougholday is a jewel in the rougholday is a jewel in the rougholday is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post

Peace,
starke
The show must go on

The hanging bings look great, what’s up next?
olday is offline Quote

Old 01-27-2020, 05:45 PM #587
starke

Here We Go Again

I put four more ladies under the screen on Saturday. To answer olday's question in the last post, this round will consist of a Liberty Haze in the front position followed by Super Lemon Haze, a Tripleberry #14 pheno from member browntrout's genetics and a Hawaiian Snow at the rear.

How they looked on Saturday:

And how they look this morning:

The only change made for this run is I have covered the outside of each bucket with panda film to try and prevent algae. When I pulled the root balls from the last grow the outside of each root ball was covered in green algae. I don't know the science but I'm betting the algae relationship with the roots is more competitive than symbiotic. Too much light penetration, even through the dark blue plastic.

On another note, the root balls were also the densest I've ever had. Given that nothing else much had changed from previous grows, I'm attributing this to the more even watering from combining the six inch and nine inch drip rings in each bucket. This modification will stay for future grows.

I'm planning on vegging until Friday just to give them time to adjust to the new room and lighting. Flower starts Saturday.

Peace,
starke

ACTIVE

Completed
starke is offline Quote

Old 01-31-2020, 04:36 PM #588
olday

olday is a jewel in the rougholday is a jewel in the rougholday is a jewel in the rougholday is a jewel in the rougholday is a jewel in the rougholday is a jewel in the rougholday is a jewel in the rougholday is a jewel in the rough
Love all the sativa leaning girls for the run, looking forward to the smoke reports as well!

Forgot to ask - what are the 3 blue pad things in there, was that just a part of the space or is that something for the hydro setup?
olday is offline Quote

Old 01-31-2020, 09:13 PM #589
El Tigre

El Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to all
Hey Starke, those BBxWW buds are huge! Interesting defoliation technique, thanks for sharing
El Tigre is offline Quote

Old 02-01-2020, 06:59 PM #590
starke

Update Flower Day 1

So the flip went down last night and we are on our way:

Final update from the last grow. Everything is now in jars between 62% and 65% RH. Weights came in as follows:

BBxWW 251.87 grams 10.7 oz
Sour Orange Diesel 212.87 grams 7.5 oz
Tripleberry #13 245.35 grams 8.6 oz
Liberty Haze 245.53 grams 8.6 oz

Total 955.62 grams 33.7 zips 2.1 #

Peace,
starke

ACTIVE

Completed
starke is offline Quote