in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Starke's Story: An LED Tale

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Starke's Story: An LED Tale Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2018, 04:40 PM #421
Palindrome
King of Schwag

Palindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond repute
I try not to get too hold up on yeald numbers, from grow to grow, as my enviroment also changes around the year. Can't keep the same night temps at winter, and during summer we stuggle with heat.

Cutting a little early, can also play a big factor IME. But we have to do, what we have to do sometime. But in the end as long it's good weed, and there is enough to cover the needs till next harvest.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:22 PM #422
starke

starke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to behold
Time to Knock the Dust Off

Completed a grow of Sour Orange Diesel Fems back on 2/5 and have spent the time since harvest making some badly needed changes in the grow room. Link to that grow is in my signature.

Tried my first SCROG screen in the room on the last grow. It was both a success and a failure. Success in that it worked as advertised and definitely helped the harvest. Failure in that the screen was impossible to work around given the layout of my room. I was unable to defoliate as I like to and had bare spots in the screen from not being able to reach areas to tuck branches. That has hopefully been fixed with my new and improved screen and improvements in room layout.

Mounted the lights and the 10x39 filter on pulleys so I can adjust the lights without needing to climb on a ladder between the plants to do so. Damn things weigh 50 pounds each and were a pain to move with the ratchet hangers. Same with the filter. 50 pounds my 60+ ass does not have to fuck with on a ladder anymore.

Also took my spare 6 inch Hyperfan and installed it to stir up the hot air around the lights.

The SCROG screen was too low and made hand feeding with my wand a crawl on hands and knees affair. That was bullshit so I have installed a top feed system with water rings and a valve manifold that lets me flood two plants at a time.

Since my well water fluctuates between 160 and 220ppm/.7 scale I have installed an RO system as well. It is kind of overkill and will fill my 32 gallon trash can in about an hour and twenty minutes but I got a deal on it I could not refuse from a friend who had purchased it for his business but never hooked it up.

Anyway, this grow will be one each of the following from clones:

Super Lemon Haze
Juan Herrer
Hawaiian Snow
Liberty Haze
Sour Orange Diesel
Big Bud x White Widow

The ladies have been vegging for about 10 weeks and were just transplanted from one gallon into five gallon containers yesterday. They are about 36 inches tall and will be defoliated and placed under the SCROG screen tomorrow. More pics then.

Peace,
starke
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

My Ongoing Grow Diary: Current grow begins on page 43.

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Grow (Completed 2/5/19)

Tripleberry F2 Grow In Progress
starke is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:18 PM #423
Goats

Goats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud of
nice upgrades man! hopefully they make your life easier.
Goats is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:16 PM #424
Palindrome
King of Schwag

Palindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond repute
Looking really great starke, nice upgrade with the feeding system!

A must have IMO, at least with the back pains I have.
Im sure you will be happy not to crawl on all four, and hand water your plants.

I can easy imagin that sight LOL

Old 02-20-2019, 12:24 AM #425
starke

starke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to behold
The ladies got their legs shaved today. Made a pretty good mess. Going to put them under the screen tomorrow then into flower in a couple of days. More pics with the screens tomorrow.

Yesterday:

Today:

Peace,
starke
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

starke is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:48 AM #426
thenewstyle

thenewstyle has a spectacular aura aboutthenewstyle has a spectacular aura aboutthenewstyle has a spectacular aura about
always nice to see a room evolve
thenewstyle is offline Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 07:05 AM #427
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
I like the feeding setup. The pulleys are a great idea. Nice clean work.
packerfan79 is online now Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 07:23 AM #428
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud of
Really nice looking room mate. I'm jealous. You just know by looking at it you're going to able to grow some great medicine in there. This is a good argument as to why people should always be allowed to grow their own to their own standards.

Old 02-20-2019, 05:55 PM #429
DARKSIDER
Garden of Eden

DARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud of
Nice upgrade starke will make life a lot easier now and the pullys are a nice bit of thinking

Serious Seeds.. bubblegum tester completed.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=348148

Connoisseur Genetics.. old school haze X casey jones tester completed
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=351788
DARKSIDER is offline Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 10:28 PM #430
starke

Finished installing the SCROG screens in the room a few minutes ago and thought I'd post up some pics before I forget.

The screens are simple screwed together 1x4 frames with 2"x3" fence wire stapled to the top. Each frame is 40" x 46". Two frames were necessary because the layout of the veg room and flower room doors will not allow items longer than about six feet to be placed in the room because of the way the doors are offset. Here is the rear screen in place:

The screens are held along the long wall of the room by resting on simple 1x4 cleats secured to the wall studs. The front of each screen is held by a simple block cleat leg in each corner and one leg in the middle locking together the middle frame members.

Wall cleat:

Front corner leg:

Leg in place:

Center leg:

Continued below...

starke is offline Quote