You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Starke's Story: An LED Tale

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Starke's Story: An LED Tale Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2018, 12:33 AM #411
starke

starke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to behold
Update Flower Day 49

The ladies have really chunked up this past week to the point that I am afraid of botrytis again. Am running max airflow and three fans but this is FL and my humidity is rarely below 60%. Since I have a tester grow of Sour Orange Diesel that needs to be put into flower soon, in addition to the humidity issue, I began flushing the ladies this past Friday and plan on harvesting them Thursday. I'll post a few pics after the chop and rough trim.

The ladies today:

Peace,
starke
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

My ongoing Grow Diary: Current grow begins on page 43.

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Grow (Completed 2/5/19)
starke is online now Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:39 AM #412
Greenadian

Greenadian will become famous soon enoughGreenadian will become famous soon enoughGreenadian will become famous soon enough
Looking fat now Starke!! Sometimes taking them down early is the best preventive measure to take!!

Cheers

Last edited by Greenadian; 11-07-2018 at 02:39 AM.. Reason: poor ANGLISH lol
Greenadian is offline Quote

Old 11-07-2018, 12:01 PM #413
Palindrome
King of Schwag

Palindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond reputePalindrome has a reputation beyond repute
Looking great, but also looks a little early to be chopping?

Totaly understand the issue with mold and high RH, but maybe its worth considering a dehumidifyer?

Im very happy with mine, thinking about maybe getting another one.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:46 PM #414
starke

starke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palindrome View Post
Looking great, but also looks a little early to be chopping?

Totaly understand the issue with mold and high RH, but maybe its worth considering a dehumidifyer?

Im very happy with mine, thinking about maybe getting another one.
I have a large dehuey but there is no room for it in the flower or veg rooms. I have tried running it in my master bedroom which is the lung room for my grow space, but running that way only decreases my humidity about three percent and heats up everything by about five degrees.

Good news is I have harvested four of these strains at six weeks following hurricane Irma and they still produced decent smoke. I'm looking forward to our lower winter humidity where I'm at, that's for sure.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:14 PM #415
Itsmychoice

Itsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to all
I am having good luck with an oscillating fan under the canopy. It dropped the humidity 10-20% from the 70s to the high 50s. It’s the way it dried everything underneath out that helped. Any dead leaves get crispy instead of slimey. I grow big plants in 3 gallon coco and cut the underbrush out so there is a decent amount of space under there. I am going to put one in every room.

Last edited by Itsmychoice; 11-07-2018 at 05:51 PM..
Itsmychoice is offline Quote

Old 11-07-2018, 09:53 PM #416
starke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmychoice View Post
I am having good luck with an oscillating fan under the canopy. It dropped the humidity 10-20% from the 70s to the high 50s. It’s the way it dried everything underneath out that helped. Any dead leaves get crispy instead of slimey. I grow big plants in 3 gallon coco and cut the underbrush out so there is a decent amount of space under there. I am going to put one in every room.
I'm running two 10 inch oscillating fans under the canopy in opposite corners and one blowing across the top. Exhausting with a 10" Hyperfan for a 5x8 room which is kind of overkill and still can't get the humidity below 60%. As I sit here typing this the humidity is reading 64%. I am probably going to have to buy a smaller dehuey that will fit in the room as a long term solution.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:01 PM #417
starke

Started the chop at about 7:00am and with the misses' help just hung the last rough trimmed branch.

Normally I dry in my flower room but I have a tester round of Sour Orange Diesel that I have to get under a scrog ASAP. Since my exhaust and carbon filter also encompass my master bedroom and bath the bath just became a drying room. Going to be kind of strange having to duck under buds to brush my teeth.

Anyway, although harvested two weeks early, the buds are dense and well covered in trichs. I discovered one small dime size spot of botrytis on one cola so I am glad I went ahead with the harvest.

Going to take a break from this diary for a minute since the Sour Orange Diesel tester grow is being documented under the Real Gorilla Seeds threads. Be back here when that is done. Link to that grow is in the signature for anyone interested.

Peace,
starke

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:29 PM #418
starke

Just a quick update to keep track. The BB x WW went into jars today at 64% RH. Weight was 6.73 oz.

Peace,
starke

Old 11-13-2018, 10:15 PM #419
Sall

Sall is just really niceSall is just really niceSall is just really niceSall is just really niceSall is just really niceSall is just really niceSall is just really niceSall is just really niceSall is just really niceSall is just really nice
Nice show, definitely gonna be here more often.

Sall is offline Quote

Old 11-15-2018, 04:15 PM #420
starke

The rest of the harvest went into jars this morning, also at 64% RH.

The two Super Lemon Haze produced 9.49 oz.

The two Liberty Haze produced 17.92 oz.

Total for the run was 2.1 lbs. Still not what I know the room is capable of but will keep on refining my process. Trying my first SCROG screen on the current Sour Orange Diesel grow which I hope will improve yields. Link to that grow in the signature.

Back in a couple months.

Peace,
starke

2 members found this post helpful.