You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Acapulco Gold, Ace vs Barneys

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
Acapulco Gold, Ace vs Barneys Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2017, 02:56 AM #1
BeaverIslander

BeaverIslander is a jewel in the roughBeaverIslander is a jewel in the roughBeaverIslander is a jewel in the roughBeaverIslander is a jewel in the roughBeaverIslander is a jewel in the roughBeaverIslander is a jewel in the rough
Acapulco Gold, Ace vs Barneys

I have grown several Acapulco Gold plants from Barneys, and after many years, still enjoy the strain. Is there much difference in Ace's landrace Acapulco Gold compared to Barneys? I would love to try it, but have not been able to get any seeds. I saw a combo pack offered recently but it was gone so fast I missed it. Is it available at certain times of the year?
BeaverIslander is offline Quote

Old 06-07-2017, 03:12 AM #2
back_woods

barney's a.g is not the landrace so no real comparison. the real a.g. will flower 16 - 18 weeks

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:49 AM #3
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant future
I really like my Bodhi AG have never had Barneys but his is crossed to a Afghani so not real in the truest sense.

I am sure the AG will show up again, just keep looking every week or so.
yesum is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:59 PM #4
dubi
Vendor

dubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant future
Hi BeaverIslander,

The Acapulco Gold was a freebie given by Bodhi in his oaxacan Zipolite release.
We at ACE were mere retailers of that Zipolite + Acapulco Gold release from Bodhi, so i would recommend you to contact him in case you have more concrete doubts about his lines, as we at ACE we didn't produce the AG seeds neither we worked with that line.

I also don't know about Barney AG release, but for the pics i saw looks like a hybrid for sure. I would recommend you to ask directly the breeders/seed banks that produced the AG versions that you have doubts about.
dubi is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:52 PM #5
BeaverIslander

BeaverIslander is a jewel in the roughBeaverIslander is a jewel in the roughBeaverIslander is a jewel in the roughBeaverIslander is a jewel in the roughBeaverIslander is a jewel in the roughBeaverIslander is a jewel in the rough
Thank you for the replies and explanation Dubi. So far I have not been able to find contact information for Bodhi so if anyone knows how to make contact or where to get the Acapulco landrace seeds I'd appreciate the help.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:15 PM #6
mexcurandero420
विएरॊक् लोवेर

mexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by back_woods View Post
barney's a.g is not the landrace so no real comparison. the real a.g. will flower 16 - 18 weeks
Barney's AG seems to be Apple Pie from Reeferman.

In volcanic soil we trust

Quote:
The natural state in which hemp appears was and is dioecious. Monoeciousness is artificial in hemp, it can only exist with the help of man, and without selection, the dioecious state will return in two or three generations. I. Bócsa (RIP)
Quote:
BTW that pluton sucked. We grew it outside-looked awesome, smelled great, everything but when dried, it had 0% high.
Quote:
I see it as a kind of wonder drug of our time - Dr.Lester Grinspoon
mexcurandero420 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:39 PM #7
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud of
Bohdi's Acapulco Gold.

I have never seen Barney's offerings. I do know the Oaxacan from Bohdi is an excellent plant to grow. Since these Acapulco Gold seeds are freebies. I'm very impressed. This is a unique plant to have and grow out. Peace
farmerlion is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:54 PM #8
BeaverIslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerlion View Post
View Image
I have never seen Barney's offerings. I do know the Oaxacan from Bohdi is an excellent plant to grow. Since these Acapulco Gold seeds are freebies. I'm very impressed. This is a unique plant to have and grow out. Peace
Any idea where I could find a couple of Bodhi's beans.. I'm not having any luck.

I have a Barneys AG getting close to harvest but I know it's not the real deal.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:22 AM #9
mexcurandero420
विएरॊक् लोवेर

mexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerlion View Post
View Image
Here i have one from Barney' s AG

In volcanic soil we trust

Quote:
The natural state in which hemp appears was and is dioecious. Monoeciousness is artificial in hemp, it can only exist with the help of man, and without selection, the dioecious state will return in two or three generations. I. Bócsa (RIP)
Quote:
BTW that pluton sucked. We grew it outside-looked awesome, smelled great, everything but when dried, it had 0% high.
Quote:
I see it as a kind of wonder drug of our time - Dr.Lester Grinspoon
mexcurandero420 is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:06 PM #10
deepwaterdude

deepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud of
Yep, comparing farmerlion's and mexcurandero's, they look very different. Also both very beautiful plants, I'd be happy to have either one;0)
deepwaterdude is offline Quote