What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor night temps

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
hi peeps, im just wondering what night temps you guys would think is acceptable to plant out in? daytime temps are not an ssue but in some places the night temps are still dropping to 59f/15c.]

ive always read that these temps will stunt growth, so is it ok to plant outside at those temps? im used to indoor where I can control everything with thermostats so would never let it drop low.
:tiphat:

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
It will be fine, go ahead and plant them. Continuous low temps for a good amount of time might bother them a bit but you are good.

Where are you located??

I have planted plants in march with night time temps much lower than that.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
thank you or your reply :) im actually located in the uk but the temps are quite comparable to some of the US states now.. although we are not well known for good weather!
but yes its about 15/16c here at night on a cool night. up to 17c so far (62.6f)

indoors id probably aim for slightly lower than the lights on temps. but that a whole different ball game tbh.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
thank you or your reply :) im actually located in the uk but the temps are quite comparable to some of the US states now.. although we are not well known for good weather!
but yes its about 15/16c here at night on a cool night. up to 17c so far (62.6f)

indoors id probably aim for slightly lower than the lights on temps. but that a whole different ball game tbh.

Your welcome Siftedunity...

Plants "grown" in cold temps can delay growth progress but unless freezing or constant long temps throughout the whole grow they should be fine. In other words, cold nights may slow growth down a tad bit but it is not by any means permanent.

I'm sure your temps will be rising week by week.

:tiphat:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
yes they are gradually going up, but obviously gonna lose veg time the longer I wait. ive been flowing the motherload garden thread and others, and it seems the weather is very similar here too, cold some days and night then hot others. not really any consistence tbh. tbh its the first time ive made a serious outdoor effort so am eager to get things right! thank you for the input :)

neongreen

Veteran
I agree. Get them out. Anything above 10C is balmy for Cannabis. My hardiest have been out (seeds sown outdoors) since early March, and suffered temps approaching 0C/light frosts, but they are doing well since recent lows were only around 5C (every now and then), and most nights have been 10C or above recently.

I did use a few tricks to help protect them that early, but general advice is get them out in late May for full season strains that are sexually mature, or after mid June (roughly, I'm guessing) for mature early finishers. Immature plants can go out much earlier, as long as temps are OK.

Latest posts

Latest posts