Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > NL#2 in NL#2 x ChemDbx

Thread Title Search
NL#2 in NL#2 x ChemDbx Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2017, 11:22 PM #1
zif

zif will become famous soon enoughzif will become famous soon enoughzif will become famous soon enough
NL#2 in NL#2 x ChemDbx

Hi Chimera,
I'm really curious about your Northern Lights line. It has shown up in your gear for so long, in so many different roles (the Jack line, lots of named crosses, etc.). Here, if I'm not mistaken, it provided the mother and the Bx father. It really seems like one of your favorites, but the details are few and far between!

I'm particularly interested in what stood out about this mother? I'm betting F2s would provide some very nice NL#2 leaning types - am I barking up the wrong tree?

Northern lights has a very special place in my heart. An eighth of NL was the first named genetics I ever had the pleasure of sampling, and was truly in a class of its own. I didn't find anything comparable until sampling the Kush a decade later, and not for lack of trying!

Thanks for any thoughts, and all of your good work!
zif is online now Quote

Old 05-23-2017, 03:27 AM #2
maryanne3087

maryanne3087 will become famous soon enoughmaryanne3087 will become famous soon enough
Should be his line bred northern lights that he acquired via seed from sensi and further line bred.
maryanne3087 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:22 PM #3
zif

zif will become famous soon enoughzif will become famous soon enoughzif will become famous soon enough
Thanks Maryanne!

That's what I thought, too. And if so, we know that it was an early input into the Jack line bringing bulk / better structure.

I'm wondering if the mother brings more to the equation?

The symmetry of the cross is really nice, totally piqued my interest: Nl#2 x (Chem D x (Chem D x NL#2))!
zif is online now Quote

Old 05-24-2017, 09:24 AM #4
Karmic Farmer

Karmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really nice
No one ever said it was NL #2 in the Chem Bx. I was told that the NL in the Chem Bx was the same the earlier lines in strains like Frosbite used but has been much further developed than the NL used back then. NL #2 is the Mother Plant.

Peace,
KF

Old 05-24-2017, 04:30 PM #5
3rd-3yed

3rd-3yed is a jewel in the rough3rd-3yed is a jewel in the rough3rd-3yed is a jewel in the rough3rd-3yed is a jewel in the rough3rd-3yed is a jewel in the rough3rd-3yed is a jewel in the rough
Yes, I think he used his own refined line of sensi NL#5 x NL#2 to outcross the Chem D. Otherwise he must have used a mother from a pure NL#2 line in this particular Chem D bx hybrid. But only Chim can highlight us on those NL he used... Peace
3rd-3yed is offline Quote

Old 05-24-2017, 05:11 PM #6
idiit

idiit has a brilliant futureidiit has a brilliant futureidiit has a brilliant futureidiit has a brilliant futureidiit has a brilliant futureidiit has a brilliant futureidiit has a brilliant futureidiit has a brilliant futureidiit has a brilliant futureidiit has a brilliant futureidiit has a brilliant future
I grew nevil's nl #2 way back around 1990 iirc. don't hear much about it. it had a uniquely wonderful bag smell that was referred to as boysenberry. unmistakable aroma.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:17 PM #7
hazefreak

hazefreak will become famous soon enoughhazefreak will become famous soon enough
Nl2 no longer avail in seed?
hazefreak is offline Quote

Old 05-27-2017, 02:05 AM #8
Jahaze

Jahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of light
Nl2xChemD

This is chimera's nl2 x chemd 8 weeks flower. Gonna let her go maybe another 10 days or so. Right now most resin heads are cloudy but she looks too early so I'll wait. She has a pine and rubber/plastic smell which is not noticeable until you are close up. After a bit of teasing, the plant releases a sweet chemmy smell along with a pronounced pine smell...very nice. Touching any part of the plant leaves the fingers uber sticky. Next run I'll let her veg much longer as she hardly stretched in flower.
Jahaze is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:55 PM #9
zif

Wow! She's coming along nicely. Just a tiny bit NL-leaning, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahaze View Post
This is chimera's nl2 x chemd 8 weeks flower.
zif is online now Quote

Old 05-28-2017, 01:47 PM #10
Breeders Retail
Vendor

Breeders Retail is just really niceBreeders Retail is just really niceBreeders Retail is just really niceBreeders Retail is just really niceBreeders Retail is just really niceBreeders Retail is just really niceBreeders Retail is just really niceBreeders Retail is just really niceBreeders Retail is just really nice
Looks beautiful Jahaze

Glad someone is showing some of the lesser known vars.. I'd really like to see more blockhead hybrids being grown too
Breeders Retail is offline Quote