What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the best method for pressing hash?

Stan G.

I have found that putting small amounts(2-5 grams) of dry sift inside of cellophane and rubbing all sides against your pants leg, until oh so ooey gooey, produces better flavored hash than typical mechanical, or hand pressed hash using the same dry sift. Usually I just hand press and do not complain, due to the super high awesome factor, but this has me wondering if there might be a more rewarding method for pressing my MeltyHeads.:tiphat:

Stan G.

best is put your hash in hash diaper and press it to rosin
I have a D nail press and make rosin, although I generally prefer the effects and flavor of my full melt heads. I rosin the heads that are not as melty. If you have never hand pressed some full melt resin, you should, it is a most pleasurable tactile experience. The sticky resinous mass of hash that results from rubbing the heads, contained in cellophane, against the leg, is totally dab-able and tasty if cleaned to perfection. Oil is a good way of obtaining cannabinoids from undesirable material. To rosin out exceptional full melt dry sift or hash just seems like a waste to me. Cheers!:tiphat:

M

metsäkana

if it dont melt i rosin it and it dont melt often without no cleaning and i think its faster to rosin it than clean.

Stan G.

if it dont melt i rosin it and it dont melt often without no cleaning and i think its faster to rosin it than clean.
Making rosin is not faster or simpler than collecting the heads that fall during first bounce while removing the buds from stem. Usually very melty. The way the heads look when they they melt, from solid to liquid to gas, I find to be more appealing than just melting oil. And you know that lovely smell you get when you press rosin, that is some of the terpenes leaving the product. I take too much time growing and preserving terpenes to want to lose any. Rosin out your product, just don't rosin out mine.:tiphat: