What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which led light is affordable?

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Thank you, I've seen the Advanced light, it's expensive, could you please recommend me some other affordable lights? thanks:tiphat:

I have four 230 watt output 'Dwarf Star' by Black Diamond. They are currently priced at $435 USD each,
I also run three 400 watt Black Dog lights at $1279 USD each.
And two Platinum P450 at 255 watts each and a P600 at 368.

The 960 watts of Dwarf Star equal the 1200 watts of Black Dog in yield.
The Dwarf Star costing $1.89 per watt versus $3.20 per watt for the Black Dog put the Dwarf Star on my list for another four units next winter.
I have found the units reliable, all nine brands tested except for HydroGrow have been reliable. Advanced XTE is on the good list but is priced up there with Black Dog. Platinum (P600, $1.79 USD per watt) is solid but had the least sumptuous yields of all units.

To get close to $1 per watt is going to need DIY skills. I do not have them so pay the price.

smartgrower1995

shit man.. that sucks... send it back... it has a 3year war...

zachrockbadenof, I spent $84.00 to buy this junk on Amazon, now, I'm thinking to report them, it's so dangerous to use their lights! Besides, I don't want to use their light any more, so I won't spend time to argue with the customer service, you get what you paid for, it's a good lesson! I'll choose a better light to replace this junk

smartgrower1995

I have four 230 watt output 'Dwarf Star' by Black Diamond. They are currently priced at $435 USD each,
I also run three 400 watt Black Dog lights at $1279 USD each.
And two Platinum P450 at 255 watts each and a P600 at 368.

The 960 watts of Dwarf Star equal the 1200 watts of Black Dog in yield.
The Dwarf Star costing $1.89 per watt versus $3.20 per watt for the Black Dog put the Dwarf Star on my list for another four units next winter.
I have found the units reliable, all nine brands tested except for HydroGrow have been reliable. Advanced XTE is on the good list but is priced up there with Black Dog. Platinum (P600, $1.79 USD per watt) is solid but had the least sumptuous yields of all units.

To get close to $1 per watt is going to need DIY skills. I do not have them so pay the price.

Phaeton, thanks, I viewed Black dog and advanced. Finally, I decide to try Amare 450, hope it won't let me down, thanks all the same:tiphat:

Ken Huang

Vendor
May I suggest trying out the new URSA Optilux fixture. I can say that it is very affordable when compared to other "high end" fixtures of similar wattage. We also utilize patented LED technology to produce an industry leading grow light in PPFD output and heat output when comparing wattages

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
zachrockbadenof, I spent $84.00 to buy this junk on Amazon, now, I'm thinking to report them, it's so dangerous to use their lights! Besides, I don't want to use their light any more, so I won't spend time to argue with the customer service, you get what you paid for, it's a good lesson! I'll choose a better light to replace this junk

smart.. I'm '3times' more stupid... I bought '3' of these pieces of shit

Hooter

I use a Platnium LED 300 watt in in a 24x24x60 tent. I no longer have heat problems and less cost. Buds are amazing.

zeox

Hey guys.
Would you mind to help me make a little survey.

I am right now thinking about creating new products, LED grow lights.
I am browsing the threads here, and except for that guys custom setup, most of you seem to use "all in one boxes", meaning LED's, heatexchanger, power supply are all cramped together in a sheet metal box, and all is cooled by multiple fans.

Wouldn't you prefer a bit heavier body, passively cooled, and the PSU taken away (maybe hanging on a separate holder, directly bolted on a wall?

I really don't like to rely on fans, and prefer the body to be able to handle the heat output.

Please share your thoughts on that.