You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Scrumpdilly Organico Soil Mix

Thread Title Search
Scrumpdilly Organico Soil Mix Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2017, 04:59 PM #1
nameless
bowlbreath

nameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond repute
Scrumpdilly Organico Soil Mix

"It's De-hee-hee-cent!"

Base
3 cu/ft peat
2 cu/ft coco coir
1 cu/ft coco croutons
1/2 cu/ft builders sand

2 cu/ft lobster compost
2 cu/ft bu's blend compost
1 cu/ft bio-char

3 cu/ft rice hulls (loose)
1.5 cu/ft growstones (large)

Amendments
8 cups alfalfa meal
6 cups azomite
9 cups crab meal
7 cups diatomaceous earth
6 cups greensand
5 cups gypsum
5 lbs humic
10 cups kelp meal
1/2 cup langbenite
8 cups lime
8 cups molasses (dry)
1 lb mykos
10 cups neem meal
8 cups oyster shell
4 cups seabird guano (granulated)
4 cups symphony (high quality composted chicken shit)

no cook time needed
makes about 15 cubic feet or 100 gallons
perfect for no till beds

just add water!

really helps to toss in some worms and mulch the top of the soil too.

*edit jan 2018 - switched to malibu compost Bu's blend... if you have access to fresh worm castings then replace the lobster compost with the malibu instead. and by fresh i mean if you get your ewc from a worm farm. (ideal) if your buying everything from the store, malibu is better than vermiblend or coast of maine, imo. but for the sake of diversity for now im replacing bagged store bought ewc with malibu and tossing some red wigglers in the beds. the malibu has live tiger stripe worms in the bag and i found dozens of cocoons as well. you could very well replace both with 4cf of malibu but i havent tried that personally. i will in the future though because i am in love with this stuff. even though its cow crap it is really good, and i already had bird crap in here anyway. using this hasnt changed the no cook time either.
nameless is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:00 PM #2
nameless
bowlbreath

nameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond repute

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:02 PM #3
nameless
bowlbreath

so i wanted to put this here to have a reference point for my new no till soil mix im using in freedom 35, my long running thread documenting my efforts to grow enough dope to retire by the age of 35.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:03 PM #4
nameless
bowlbreath

i want to keep a couple fluid posts at the front of this thread for photos and notes ect...

Old 04-22-2017, 05:05 PM #5
nameless
bowlbreath

i guess 5 should be enough. i went into this mix with no cook time and my plants seem to be doing great. hopefully this will mature into a nice showcase for my efforts

Old 04-22-2017, 05:07 PM #6
nameless
bowlbreath

heres a blurry pic of the current round 2 weeks into the fresh mix

Old 04-22-2017, 05:09 PM #7
nameless
bowlbreath

tangie

green crack

as you can see theres no fuckery from going straight into the uncooked dirt, which surprised me cause it has a decent amount of bird shit in it...

Old 04-25-2017, 01:53 AM #8
nameless
bowlbreath

20 days

tangie

green crack

fresca

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:06 PM #9
Happy Times

Happy Times is a jewel in the roughHappy Times is a jewel in the roughHappy Times is a jewel in the roughHappy Times is a jewel in the roughHappy Times is a jewel in the roughHappy Times is a jewel in the roughHappy Times is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post
heres a blurry pic of the current round 2 weeks into the fresh mix

View Image

Love the bed and how roots can grow all the heck over wherever they want! How deep is it?

And dumb question- what do you use to mix up your soil concoction?
Happy Times is offline Quote

Old 04-25-2017, 04:53 PM #10
nameless
bowlbreath

its 12" deep, i mix my soil in kiddie pools.
for those of you who dont know, growing in beds is a huge improvement over pots. it is the single biggest game changer ive ever implemented. i highly recommend it to everyone interested in organic soil. my beds are custom built 4x7x1' frames made from 2x4s with a geoplanter liner. the geoplanters come with a decent pvc frame that sets them on the ground, but i wanted extra support and airflow underneath.

6 members found this post helpful.