Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Breeders Retail grow-n-show

Thread Title Search
Breeders Retail grow-n-show Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2017, 07:05 AM #1
Krausen

Krausen is a jewel in the roughKrausen is a jewel in the roughKrausen is a jewel in the roughKrausen is a jewel in the roughKrausen is a jewel in the roughKrausen is a jewel in the rough
Breeders Retail grow-n-show

Hey all,

Long time no post! I have to say in my year or two hiatus I missed this place! I've been given the green light to share my garden again with you all. It's been chugging along nicely producing the meds my patient needs.

While I dabble with quite a few breeders I find myself attracted to Chimera's offerings so much so that at last count I had 20 different cultivars from the man.... I suppose I've got an addiction.

Anyways a little about me - been growing for 5 or so years now, I grow solely for my patient who suffers debilitating migraines and fibromyalgia. I grow a perpetual garden under diy led arrays using organic soil and inputs.

Yield and "bag-appeal" is of little concern in the face of resin efficacy. I keep nothing around if it isn't a winner to my patient.

I do have a fairly small plant count to work with so I cannot devote the numbers needed to truly asses a population.

Now onto the fun stuff:

Welcome to the bloom tent!

Rear left is C4 (day 8)
Front left is hightest x Sweet skunk (day 7)
Rear centre is congo x sweet skunk (day 5)
Front centre is pot of gold x Hindu Kush (day 2)
Two right are both cookies s1 (9ish weeks)

The c4 is a "keeper" for me and is on her 5th cycle.

The remaining plants are all from seed. I will see if they are worth keeping around(or looking through the other seeds) after they've been cured and tested.

Please ask away if you have any questions. I will do my best to update regularly.

K

Last edited by Krausen; 04-22-2017 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: Apparently I can't tell my lefts from rights.
Krausen is online now Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:22 AM #2
Columbo

Looking good Krausen. Nice stretch on the Congo already! I'd choose that or Simply Irresistible or the Hawaiian Spice if I ever get a chance to do some of Chimera's stuff.

What are you companion planting btw?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:25 AM #3
Columbo

Silly me. Highest x SS is the stretchy one.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:26 AM #4
window

window is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Very nice looking garden Krausen,
I think you may keep the cookies? Lots of resin efficacy on that one:biggrin
Nice too see a Congo x SS being grown.
window is online now Quote

Old 04-20-2017, 08:35 AM #5
Krausen

Krausen is a jewel in the roughKrausen is a jewel in the roughKrausen is a jewel in the roughKrausen is a jewel in the roughKrausen is a jewel in the roughKrausen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
Looking good Krausen. Nice stretch on the Congo already! I'd choose that or Simply Irresistible or the Hawaiian Spice if I ever get a chance to do some of Chimera's stuff.

What are you companion planting btw?
Yes that hightest is a little stretchier than I expected. I've got a plan to gain another 30cm or so. Hopefully that combined with consistent bending will keep it out of the lights.

My covercrop is a mix of a bunch of crap... red clover, white clover, alfalfa, fenugreek, buckwheat, and wheat. No real rhyme or reason for it - it's what I had and could find locally.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:38 AM #6
Krausen

Quote:
Originally Posted by window View Post
Very nice looking garden Krausen,
I think you may keep the cookies? Lots of resin efficacy on that one:biggrin
Nice too see a Congo x SS being grown.
There indeed is plenty of resin produced on those cookies. I'm hopeful the resin is is beneficial for my patient - otherwise they will meet thier demise.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:49 PM #7
Limeygreen

Limeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of light
Looks good, care to share your organic soil and input recipes?

Last edited by Limeygreen; 04-20-2017 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: spelling is hard
Limeygreen is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2017, 06:24 PM #8
Krausen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeygreen View Post
Looks good, care to share your organic soil and input recipes?
Limeygreen,

Hard to say exactly what my soil is any more... it's been recycled and re-amended over the last couple of years.

The basic recipe was one of coots:
1/3 peat
1/3 rice hulls/perlite
1/3 castings

+4 cups rock dust/cuft
+1/2 cup /cuft each kelp, crab, alfalfa,neem

During re-amends I typically add 1/5 the volume of 50:50 compost & aeration.

In addition to a amendment mix I made that has roughly equal parts of soy,alfalfa, kelp, neem, crab, glacial rock, basalt, carbontite, and gypsum.

Feedings are follow a similar structure (or rather lack there of). I water every other day typically and "feed" every other watering.

My basic "feed" solution is:
20l ro water
30ml molasses
15ml silica
60ml fulvic
1 fillet of aloe (or freeze dried if my aloe needs a break)

I blend this mix with an immersion blender and strain it into my sprayer.

I haphazardly add the following depending on how frisky I'm feeling:
Malted barley flour
Malted corn flour
Kelp meal solution
Alfalfa meal solution

I also try to feed aerated teas when I think of it (usually once or twice during a bloom cycle) - these are typically just compost (fish and/or worm castings) and molasses however I will often toss in a random combination of bokashi bran or juice, kelp, alfalfa, malted barley, malted corn.

-K

Old 04-20-2017, 10:50 PM #9
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
Alfalfa and the clovers fix nitrogen so I've heard.

Lovely looking garden K. Good to see you around again. I'm thinking that C4 is pretty special if it's been kept for quite a few cycles.

What's special about the C4 for your patient? Is it special just in effect/outcome or does it shine with other qualities like flavour and aroma?

Old 04-20-2017, 11:27 PM #10
Krausen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbhairav View Post
Alfalfa and the clovers fix nitrogen so I've heard.

Lovely looking garden K. Good to see you around again. I'm thinking that C4 is pretty special if it's been kept for quite a few cycles.

What's special about the C4 for your patient? Is it special just in effect/outcome or does it shine with other qualities like flavour and aroma?
Glad to be back Kal!

The c4 is a breeze to grow and is therefore a winner from my perspective. The medicine seems to be very consistent. It dulls pain yet is functional. Tolerance doesn't seem to build up so long as I have other strains available to swap through. The nose on it the last time I ran wasn't great - the garden was running hot and I think that blew off many of the more delicate terpenes. It generally has a spicy-sweet nose with a bit of sulphur. It's gentle and not very offensive.

I'm still holding a scnhazzleberry #2 that is a standby for a knock-out punch.

Sadly I lost the my favourite 5 fingered - cbd lullaby lady... she got root bound, autoflowered, and just wouldn't reveg.

I've got more of the cbd lullaby (and the lullablox) I'll search through in the near future as I free up plant count. I'm hoping to find another keeper between the two offerings. Heck I should add a pack of the lullabyxss to the mix.

K