What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr Kate and Skunk Pharmers speak at Portland State University

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dr Kate Welch will present a paper to the SAACS at Portland State University May 4, 2017 at 3:00 PM, supported by Skunk Pharmers, Eloquentsolution, Graywolf, and Pharmer Joe with brief outlines on the subjects of growing, extracting, and processing respectively.

It is free and visitors are welcome. It will be videoed and a DVD subsequently made available:

Attachments

• Kates gig.jpg
    Kates gig.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 12

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bumping to remind any of ya'll in range of PSU tomorrow at 3:00PM.

Photographer/Magician Tom and Moi checked out the room and cycled the photographic and recording equipment in preparation, sadly having to replace some that was stolen and a mike that lost one channel.

I just sent my outline and dirty peeectures to Dr Kate, whose outline I've seen, and know Joe and Carla have been polishing theirs, so am looking forward to hearing it all come together myself.

After PM Tom does his magic editing and adding the slides, we'll post a link to the movie for ya'll too far from Rip City to join us. Good folks, promise of good light snacks, and only the Lawrd knows what else in a room full of chemistry geniuses!

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bump! Today is the day! Let the fun begin!!

PDX Dopesmoker

GW, having been the room with yall yesterday I think I know how those girls at the Beatles concerts felt. I managed to repress myself, but just barely.
Is this an appropriate forum to ask followup questions?

JWUUd5h.jpg

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GW, having been the room with yall yesterday I think I know how those girls at the Beatles concerts felt. I managed to repress myself, but just barely.
Is this an appropriate forum to ask followup questions?

View Image

Glad you had a good time and thanks for the good thoughts!

What are your questions?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The good news is that Tom tells me that the footage was good, and he asked us'ns for the slides that were presented, so he can incorporate them.

The other good news is that McDermott Studio is doing a professional video about Oregon cannabis culture and filmed it as well, because it is the first time PSU has sponsored such an event. We've agreed to share footage, so thangs are looking up for both groups! Hee, hee, hee.......

jestersnuggets

I had the same feeling PDXdopesmoker...it was awesome to meet GrayWolf and ask him questions next to one of his machines.

Thanks for the great lecture GW and all of Skunk Pharm.

PDX Dopesmoker

Glad you had a good time and thanks for the good thoughts!

What are your questions?

One of your slides was a detailed schematic of the machine on the screen in the photo I posted, can I look at that image somewhere else?
How top secret is Joe's centrifuge tech & where can I read about how it functions?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of your slides was a detailed schematic of the machine on the screen in the photo I posted, can I look at that image somewhere else?
How top secret is Joe's centrifuge tech & where can I read about how it functions?

Here are the two schematics. The first is from the Mk IVC operators manual.

I have a non disclosure agreement in place with Pharmer Joe so if you will contact me at graywolf@skunkpharmresearch.com, I'll connect ya'll and you can ask him yourself.

Attachments

• 7-Mk IVC PID.jpg
    7-Mk IVC PID.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 2-Butane recycle.jpg
    2-Butane recycle.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 11

PDX Dopesmoker

Here are the two schematics. The first is from the Mk IVC operators manual.

I have a non disclosure agreement in place with Pharmer Joe so if you will contact me at graywolf@skunkpharmresearch.com, I'll connect ya'll and you can ask him yourself.

Thanks for the images, I took the Terpinator class from ES a couple years ago so I'm familiar enough with the basic model, but the multi-room monstrosity you were showing pictures of seems like it must be a substantially more capable and complex hotrod version. What is the hot water injection feature for and how do you dry the lines/column afterwards? Do you have enough vacuum to use ethanol as solvent and recover it at relatively low temperatures without having to wait all day? Do you think a butane-ethanol mixture would produce a really nice broad spectrum extraction or would the evaporating alcohol carry off a lot of the flavor regardless how gently its evaporated?
I talked to Joe for a few minutes after the show, I was interested in if the centrifuge technique would function using rosin as the input and I sent him a followup email, so maybe we will find out one day.