Thread Title Search
Click to visit Evolved Extraction Solutions
Cannabis Act Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2017, 08:48 PM #1
Rider420

Rider420 will become famous soon enough
Cannabis Act

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...nabis-Act.html

The Canadian legalized cannabis act in full.
Rider420 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:05 PM #2
Rider420

Great news for home growers!

The new law makes a distinction between vegetating and flowering plants. It states you can not have any budding or flowering plants in public and only four budding or flowering plants at home. Meaning you can have as many clones or mother plants in veg as you like at home and can give four clones away legally!

For me that is the best news of the day!

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:16 PM #3
billy_big_bud!
Proud Cannadian Cannabist

billy_big_bud! is a splendid one to beholdbilly_big_bud! is a splendid one to beholdbilly_big_bud! is a splendid one to beholdbilly_big_bud! is a splendid one to beholdbilly_big_bud! is a splendid one to beholdbilly_big_bud! is a splendid one to beholdbilly_big_bud! is a splendid one to beholdbilly_big_bud! is a splendid one to beholdbilly_big_bud! is a splendid one to beholdbilly_big_bud! is a splendid one to beholdbilly_big_bud! is a splendid one to behold
being the lazy jerk that i am i was/am waiting for someone to do all the heavy reading and come up with a readers digest version of what it all means. thanks for clearing up point one rider. that actually seems like a common sense approach. 6432 plants in veg are just houseplants if you can only flower 4 at a time. i will be tickled pink kush when i can finally grow again. it is such a hugely rewarding endevour.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:28 PM #4
OranguTrump

OranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud of
According to Part 1, Section 8, subsection (e) - it's illegal to have more than 4 non-budding/flowering too.

Illegal "for an individual to possess more than four cannabis plants that are not budding or flowering".

So, eight is my count for personal grow - 4 flowering & total of 4 mothers/clones.

Personal? No problem with 8.

I am a Pasta-Rasta

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." - Mitch Hedberg

"Dave's not here"

*** RIP to the greatest character actor ever - Harry Dean Stanton ***
OranguTrump is offline Quote

Old 04-13-2017, 09:40 PM #5
Gmack

Gmack has a spectacular aura aboutGmack has a spectacular aura aboutGmack has a spectacular aura aboutGmack has a spectacular aura aboutGmack has a spectacular aura about
So just to be clear if you get pulled over the cops can demand a saliva sample. If that test shows you have used marijuana recently they have the right to take you to the station for impaired testing consisting of a blood test and cognitive function test. Just because you fail the road side test your not guilty of dui they need to prove impairment and have no set quantity of thc in the blood to say you are impaired. You have to fail the cognitive function test to be charged with dui. The blood test is to determine beyond a doubt that you have thc in you system not to prove you are impaired like blowing a .08 would.
Gmack is offline Quote

Old 04-13-2017, 09:57 PM #6
blastfrompast

blastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to all
So is outdoor backyard FLOWERING allowed?

Or will it be up to the provinces to deal with this one....

IE you have an anti-potter next door complaining about the smell...

Will the municpalities make rules to deal with this when it happens much like some do concerning smoke from BBQ's etc. Backyard chickens (odor issue is excuse for some municpalities). etc.
blastfrompast is offline Quote

Old 04-13-2017, 10:06 PM #7
TheBlackman

TheBlackman is a jewel in the roughTheBlackman is a jewel in the roughTheBlackman is a jewel in the roughTheBlackman is a jewel in the roughTheBlackman is a jewel in the roughTheBlackman is a jewel in the rough
yo,

4 per dwelling.

Cultivation, propagation and harvesting — dwellinghouse
limit

(5) Unless authorized under this Act,
if two or more individuals who are 18 years of age or older are ordinarily
resident in the same dwelling-house, it is prohibited for
any of those individuals to cultivate, propagate or harvest
any cannabis plants if doing so results in there being
more than four such plants being cultivated, propagated*
or harvested at any one time in the dwelling-house.

The brain on Cannabis will never deviate from its destined disposition, nor be driven to madness. Cannabis is a mirror reflecting mans deepest thoughts, a magnifying mirror. It’s true, but only ever a mirror.
-Charles Baudelaire

TheBlackman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:25 PM #8
Jonnysact

Jonnysact will become famous soon enoughJonnysact will become famous soon enough
This is really exciting!!!
Jonnysact is offline Quote

Old 04-13-2017, 10:36 PM #9
Rider420

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELLEROPHON View Post
if you read thru the entire document, it later clarifies that in the case of the plant count, only one adult can grow 4 plants and it clearly says propagating, cultivating,harvesting at any one time. To me that says 4 plants.
Sorry buddy but it states an individual can have in public and give away four non flowering plants on page 19 but not one flowering plant, and bottom of page 20 reiterates the distinction between flowering and vegetating plants.

Last edited by Rider420; 04-13-2017 at 11:00 PM..

Old 04-13-2017, 10:49 PM #10
Rider420

Quote:
Originally Posted by OranguTrump View Post
According to Part 1, Section 8, subsection (e) - it's illegal to have more than 4 non-budding/flowering too.

Illegal "for an individual to possess more than four cannabis plants that are not budding or flowering".

So, eight is my count for personal grow - 4 flowering & total of 4 mothers/clones.

Personal? No problem with 8.
Got a good laugh it's a typo it should read "for an individual to posses more then four cannabis plants that are budding or flowering" Now if there was another line that stated you could only have four flowering plants and four non flowering plants you would be right.

And on the next page it states that you can not have one flowering plant in a public space but also states you can have four vegetating plants in public and give them away.