What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My First Indoor Grow !

errrl710

Okay so lets get into things ! BTW if you want a little info about me heres the link to my intro INTROOOO

GEAR !

- 4x4x8 Grow Tent .
- 2 x 315w cmh Growers Choice 3K-R BULBS
- 6" Can Fan with Can Filter 269cfm S600
- 8" Air Circulating Oscillating Fan
- 6" Desk Clip Fan
- 5 x Home Depot Buckets (legs for table)
- 3.75' x 3.75' plywood (table top)
- 4 x Botanicare 1x4 Low Tide Tray
- Super Sprouter Propagation Station w/ T5 Fluorescent Grow Light
Includes Heat Mat, 10 x 20 in. Tray, 7 in. Channeled Dome
- Rockwool 1in Starter Cube , 4in RW , 6in RW
- Full line of Heavy 16 Nutrients

So update on where i'm at currently on my grow.

I germinated 15 seeds in RW and 14 of them sprouted .

-1x elmers glue (bag seed)
-2x strawberry banana (bag seed)
-4x jack herer fem (lifes bloods seeds)
-2x lora lavender fem (the owner of hydro store seeds)
-5x narcotic kush fem auto(cream of the crop seeds)

2z9bevb.jpg

All the seedlings are under a T5 light and seem to be doing pretty good IMO but idk tbh because I've never grown indoor or from seed. But they look good to me . I have been watering them as needed once the RW feels light. The next few steps im having trouble finding information on. all the answers i find are so different .

btw this is what i have been feeding them so far.

1/2 gal
-3 drops HB-101
-2ml Elite Root Igniter
-3tsp Tappin Roots

Question #1 : When do i move my seedlings into my actual veg/flower light ?
Question #2 : I am in RW when do i start giving them veg nutes ?

2sb3gqh.jpg

So i have my tent fully set up and running. I'm doing this so i can test out temp in the tent. So i have run into an issue. During my test run of 24/0 light schedule the hi/lo temp was 93/83 . on a 12/12 schedule the hi/lo temp was 93/74. After doing some research i'm almost certain 93 degrees Fahrenheit is WAYYYY tooo hot and a 19 degree drop is also not good . I've put a couple jars of water in the tent as well to try and test out humidity . The humidity has been hi/lo of 49%/32%.

Question #3 : Are these temps okay ?
Question #4 : Will Co2 blasting make these temps okay?
Question #5 : Is the humidity okay ?

2zini3m.jpg

9hkk8j.jpg

2lmpfgk.jpg

so off topic but these are 3 plants i have currently growing outdoor. not doing anything special to these girls . just some fox farm ocean forest soil and just GH 3 part nutes. water when the soils dry . Smell is AMAZING ! It smells like oranges around my entire house lol. I should be ready to harvest these in 3-4 weeks. These were grown from clones . The strain is Alien Orange Cookies (Jungle Boys).

Thanks for reading and Please comment with any advise/criticism !

Peace n Pot !

CHEERS!

p.s. - Dabbing on some HTFSE Clementine i made.

Co2 wont fix a problem, 90+degrees things might grow but will suffer. I wouldnt feed until the leaves get lighter green, theres a point where the root structure is in place and they are ready to eat, to feed before that stunts them a bit or a lot, and to feed after that point will usually start a deficiency that will at best linger slightly through the whole cycle, at worst start a crippling deficiency that direct the cycle. The plant will speak to you if you listen, the leaves will tell all, if they arent standing, reaching for light past a seeddling stage then you need to adjust your ideas

errrl710

Co2 wont fix a problem, 90+degrees things might grow but will suffer. I wouldnt feed until the leaves get lighter green, theres a point where the root structure is in place and they are ready to eat, to feed before that stunts them a bit or a lot, and to feed after that point will usually start a deficiency that will at best linger slightly through the whole cycle, at worst start a crippling deficiency that direct the cycle. The plant will speak to you if you listen, the leaves will tell all, if they arent standing, reaching for light past a seeddling stage then you need to adjust your ideas

i know co2 wont fix any problems but co2 enrichment requires higher temperatures? ligher green ? this is the first time im hearing of this . so once the seedling is well rooted the girls will turn a lighter green and i can start feeding them nutes ? i mean my plants are doing fine right now i just dont want to throw them into a atmosphere with extreme temperature change.

i know co2 wont fix any problems but co2 enrichment requires higher temperatures? ligher green ? this is the first time im hearing of this . so once the seedling is well rooted the girls will turn a lighter green and i can start feeding them nutes ? i mean my plants are doing fine right now i just dont want to throw them into a atmosphere with extreme temperature change.

Co2 in my experience augments things, if the enviroment is off it augments problems, get the enviro right before co2. They usually once rooted well want to feed hence the lighter color, thats what i do anyway, i add nothing for rooting, in a low pressure aero rooter i wouldnt add nutes till the roots are dropped and developed about 3 weeks just for a day or few to get them ready for full stregth in tables. In peat pellets I wouldnt add anything till they have been transplanted and start growing with leaves standing to the light. The temp change isint as bad as the 90+ , find a way to keep it a bit cooler consistently. Adding Co2 because its to hot is a not thinking like a succesfull gardner would with all due respect, i say that from trying myself at one time.

errrl710

Co2 in my experience augments things, if the enviroment is off it augments problems, get the enviro right before co2. They usually once rooted well want to feed hence the lighter color, thats what i do anyway, i add nothing for rooting, in a low pressure aero rooter i wouldnt add nutes till the roots are dropped and developed about 3 weeks just for a day or few to get them ready for full stregth in tables. In peat pellets I wouldnt add anything till they have been transplanted and start growing with leaves standing to the light. The temp change isint as bad as the 90+ , find a way to keep it a bit cooler consistently. Adding Co2 because its to hot is a not thinking like a succesfull gardner would with all due respect, i say that from trying myself at one time.
thanks for the knowledge !

gtg341w

One other comment, I had the same problem. You may want to hold your T5 light closer to the seedlings and you'll get less stretch. You may need to stake them if they start to topple. When you transplant to your medium, you can bury all but 1/2" - 1" of the stem and it will sprout roots.

ULMW

Okay so lets get into things ! BTW if you want a little info about me heres the link to my intro INTROOOO

GEAR !

- 4x4x8 Grow Tent .
- 2 x 315w cmh Growers Choice 3K-R BULBS
- 6" Can Fan with Can Filter 269cfm S600
- 8" Air Circulating Oscillating Fan
- 6" Desk Clip Fan
- 5 x Home Depot Buckets (legs for table)
- 3.75' x 3.75' plywood (table top)
- 4 x Botanicare 1x4 Low Tide Tray
- Super Sprouter Propagation Station w/ T5 Fluorescent Grow Light
Includes Heat Mat, 10 x 20 in. Tray, 7 in. Channeled Dome
- Rockwool 1in Starter Cube , 4in RW , 6in RW
- Full line of Heavy 16 Nutrients

So update on where i'm at currently on my grow.

I germinated 15 seeds in RW and 14 of them sprouted .

-1x elmers glue (bag seed)
-2x strawberry banana (bag seed)
-4x jack herer fem (lifes bloods seeds)
-2x lora lavender fem (the owner of hydro store seeds)
-5x narcotic kush fem auto(cream of the crop seeds)

View Image

All the seedlings are under a T5 light and seem to be doing pretty good IMO but idk tbh because I've never grown indoor or from seed. But they look good to me . I have been watering them as needed once the RW feels light. The next few steps im having trouble finding information on. all the answers i find are so different .

btw this is what i have been feeding them so far.

1/2 gal
-3 drops HB-101
-2ml Elite Root Igniter
-3tsp Tappin Roots

Question #1 : When do i move my seedlings into my actual veg/flower light ?
Question #2 : I am in RW when do i start giving them veg nutes ?

View Image

So i have my tent fully set up and running. I'm doing this so i can test out temp in the tent. So i have run into an issue. During my test run of 24/0 light schedule the hi/lo temp was 93/83 . on a 12/12 schedule the hi/lo temp was 93/74. After doing some research i'm almost certain 93 degrees Fahrenheit is WAYYYY tooo hot and a 19 degree drop is also not good . I've put a couple jars of water in the tent as well to try and test out humidity . The humidity has been hi/lo of 49%/32%.

Question #3 : Are these temps okay ?
Question #4 : Will Co2 blasting make these temps okay?
Question #5 : Is the humidity okay ?

View Image
View Image
View Image

so off topic but these are 3 plants i have currently growing outdoor. not doing anything special to these girls . just some fox farm ocean forest soil and just GH 3 part nutes. water when the soils dry . Smell is AMAZING ! It smells like oranges around my entire house lol. I should be ready to harvest these in 3-4 weeks. These were grown from clones . The strain is Alien Orange Cookies (Jungle Boys).

Thanks for reading and Please comment with any advise/criticism !

Peace n Pot !

CHEERS!

p.s. - Dabbing on some HTFSE Clementine i made.

Sweet set up and all things pointing towards a very successful grow. Take your time and keep with the"Less is more" rule of thumb and as you learn you will grasp a fuller feel for each individual strain and each plant individually. If you look at strain info about where the strains would grow in natureand this helps guide towards the temperatures high and low which may help relax your concern over temps. Plants are generally very forgiving, as breeders know that not all farmers will take daily care and that standards of care vary , too.
Your outdoor plants look superb and I see from your set up you are serious and looking to create a lovely environment fir your plants to grow in , I do believe you will get a nice result from your efforts..Happy growing!

ULMW

Regarding moving the seedlings into next pots or medium. Wait til at least one set of leaves . All the rest seems okay. Keep posting pics.

Kinetic

If you can reach 1500ppm CO2 you can realistically run at 95 degrees. If it does heat stress the plants then raise it to 2000ppm. However, I would strongly recommend maintaining a temp of 74-78 degrees rather than running CO2 on your first indoor grow. Those are just standard numbers, however. It depends on the strain. If you can find some strain information then you will know for sure. There are strains near the equator that can withstand ~120 degrees.

As for transplanting, I would wait for a decent root system, at least 1-2 inches out of the cubes. Though, learn to read the plants, they'll let you know what they need. They mostly need water when they're young though.

Also, you might consider moving the light a bit closer you're getting a lot of stretch.

Boxfarm

Have you considered LED lights? A lot of growers are getting great results with them and they will most likely solve your heat issues.

Kinetic

Have you considered LED lights? A lot of growers are getting great results with them and they will most likely solve your heat issues.

Right. I use a k5 xl1000 Kind LED in a 5x5x8 space. The temp normalizes at canopy level to the outside room temp. Without a variable speed fan I would have issues with it getting too cool. Also, my plants grow like crazy. I've grown with HID as well, LED's are far superior in every way besides initial cost. Easy on electric bill, spectrum settings, built in timers, more canopy penetration, no duct work, no rf interruptions or ballasts, ...neat colors.

Latest posts

Latest posts