Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Queen Mother

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
Post Reply
Queen Mother Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2017, 01:57 AM #1
McFreedom
Member

McFreedom's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 82
McFreedom is a jewel in the roughMcFreedom is a jewel in the roughMcFreedom is a jewel in the roughMcFreedom is a jewel in the roughMcFreedom is a jewel in the roughMcFreedom is a jewel in the rough
Queen Mother

I know this is the Ace section, there is no original delicatessen section so here goes.

Queen Mother looks like a very interesting plant because it's a pure sativa and very short flowering time. How would it compare to Bangi Haze? Has anybody here grown it? Anybody done a grow/smoke report?

Thanks guys
McFreedom is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:46 AM #2
NENugger
Member

NENugger's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: the Rhuburbs
Posts: 234
NENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of lightNENugger is a glorious beacon of light
I am interested as well. Hopefully Dubi will comment.
NENugger is offline Quote


Old 03-28-2017, 05:02 AM #3
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: BADLANDS
Posts: 2,355
farmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud of
Syd Barret has one Queen Mother going that I know of on the Ace forum. I just picked up one or two packs of these myself. I will be running at least one maybe two plants for sure. This will be my first grow in a greenhouse, so I expect a learning curve. (humidity, temp regulation, ect.) I plan on posting my Original Delicatessen plants on here as well. I hope dubi doesn't mind. I don't know if I'm going to run my Bangi Haze this summer or not. If I do I will place them close to each other for you. Then you can see them side by side through out the grow. Dubi may chime in and give you the answer much sooner than my grow will. Peace
farmerlion is offline Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:10 AM #4
ChaosCatalunya
5.2 club is now 8.1 club...

ChaosCatalunya's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nr Barcelona
Posts: 4,045
ChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFreedom View Post
I know this is the Ace section, there is no original delicatessen section so here goes.

Queen Mother looks like a very interesting plant because it's a pure sativa and very short flowering time. How would it compare to Bangi Haze? Has anybody here grown it? Anybody done a grow/smoke report?

Thanks guys
IIRC the origins of Queen Mother are a mystery, she may well not be pure Sativa
__________________
.....
ChaosCatalunya is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:39 PM #5
baduy
Member

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: 43N
Posts: 410
baduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of light
QM is more "feel good weed" and less" do something weed" but very far from being a couchlock stone, more like a really very nice high. I prefer the high of BH while QM wins for me in the smell and taste department, BH perfume carries a lot of middle and base notes while QM perfume is more on the top and middle notes QM is really a beauty when in flower, one of mines had super red stems and leaves delivering every autumn color in the end. They both look almost indica when young and change gradually while growing,QM shows much more vigor in early stages of growth and gets more slender when adult
In fact I like so much each one that this season I'm going to cross all the seeds I still have of both.
ChaosCatalunya I asked myself about that too. From the infos I could read it is my understanding that OD cannot ensure that the "spanish sativa" is pure sativa because it was previously reproduced by other growers for a long time.
baduy is offline Quote


4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:47 PM #6
ChaosCatalunya
5.2 club is now 8.1 club...

ChaosCatalunya's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nr Barcelona
Posts: 4,045
ChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by baduy View Post
QM is more "feel good weed" and less" do something weed" but very far from being a couchlock stone, more like a really very nice high. I prefer the high of BH while QM wins for me in the smell and taste department, BH perfume carries a lot of middle and base notes while QM perfume is more on the top and middle notes QM is really a beauty when in flower, one of mines had super red stems and leaves delivering every autumn color in the end. They both look almost indica when young and change gradually while growing,QM shows much more vigor in early stages of growth and gets more slender when adult
In fact I like so much each one that this season I'm going to cross all the seeds I still have of both.
ChaosCatalunya I asked myself about that too. From the infos I could read it is my understanding that OD cannot ensure that the "spanish sativa" is pure sativa because it was previously reproduced by other growers for a long time.
Thanks baduy, that is pretty much what I recalled and was trying to say...

Either way, everybody who tries them seems to love them, I have a few of most of their varieties saved and a couple going already
__________________
.....
ChaosCatalunya is offline Quote


Old 03-28-2017, 02:27 PM #7
warcraft74
Member

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 74
warcraft74 will become famous soon enough
i grew her relative, alice a couple of years ago. i started her late in the season though, and she didn't reach anywhere near full potential but i got about a quarter out of her. she grows almost neon green, and very limber. she just bends in the wind with ease. the buds grew fluffy and loose and the high was very heady and clear with only a hint of dirtiness. smoke too much though, and you're gonna get spaced out. 80% high 20% stone i'd say. more sativa than panama - i can tell you that from my personal experience with the two.

if dubi drops by, i'd be interested to know how her high compares to her other relatives like lilly and of course queen mother. which of the three (or more) from cannabiogen are the most sativa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosCatalunya View Post
IIRC the origins of Queen Mother are a mystery, she may well not be pure Sativa
she's not - it's a ten weeker. there's indica, but it's faint. i've read that the grower denies indica heritage, but a ten weeker is not a pure sativa.

Last edited by warcraft74; 03-28-2017 at 03:07 PM..
warcraft74 is offline Quote


4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:02 PM #8
Zitz
Member

Zitz's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 158
Zitz has a spectacular aura aboutZitz has a spectacular aura aboutZitz has a spectacular aura aboutZitz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by baduy View Post
QM is more "feel good weed" and less" do something weed" but very far from being a couchlock stone, more like a really very nice high. I prefer the high of BH while QM wins for me in the smell and taste department, BH perfume carries a lot of middle and base notes while QM perfume is more on the top and middle notes QM is really a beauty when in flower, one of mines had super red stems and leaves delivering every autumn color in the end. They both look almost indica when young and change gradually while growing,QM shows much more vigor in early stages of growth and gets more slender when adult
In fact I like so much each one that this season I'm going to cross all the seeds I still have of both.
ChaosCatalunya I asked myself about that too. From the infos I could read it is my understanding that OD cannot ensure that the "spanish sativa" is pure sativa because it was previously reproduced by other growers for a long time.
Good info, QM is a bit mysterious, having Zamal genetics if Im not mistaken yet finishing early.

Another early pure sativa Ive recently been reading about is Destroyer (CBG), sounds similar to QM/BH and has many fans that love the effect.
Zitz is offline Quote


Old 03-28-2017, 10:17 PM #9
ChaosCatalunya
5.2 club is now 8.1 club...

ChaosCatalunya's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nr Barcelona
Posts: 4,045
ChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by warcraft74 View Post
i grew her relative, alice a couple of years ago. i started her late in the season though, and she didn't reach anywhere near full potential but i got about a quarter out of her. she grows almost neon green, and very limber. she just bends in the wind with ease. the buds grew fluffy and loose and the high was very heady and clear with only a hint of dirtiness. smoke too much though, and you're gonna get spaced out. 80% high 20% stone i'd say. more sativa than panama - i can tell you that from my personal experience with the two.

if dubi drops by, i'd be interested to know how her high compares to her other relatives like lilly and of course queen mother. which of the three (or more) from cannabiogen are the most sativa?



she's not - it's a ten weeker. there's indica, but it's faint. i've read that the grower denies indica heritage, but a ten weeker is not a pure sativa.
I think you are right, but not about the flowering time alone defining it as a hybrid, there are 10 week pure sativas, Mexicans .. people were chatting about it recently on here
__________________
.....
ChaosCatalunya is offline Quote


Old 03-29-2017, 02:46 AM #10
warcraft74
Member

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 74
warcraft74 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosCatalunya View Post
I think you are right, but not about the flowering time alone defining it as a hybrid, there are 10 week pure sativas, Mexicans .. people were chatting about it recently on here
i have to respectfully disagree. it irks me when folks label strains like panama, bangi and malawi pure sativas - they're not. you can't smoke those strains and honestly tell me that you don't feel the indica effect. you can't honestly smoke those (above mentioned) strains, and compare it to say a 24 week thai and still label them pure sativa. if it finishes in 10, 12, 14 weeks, there should be no doubt in your mind that there's indica buried somewhere in the genetics. it may be faint, and it may be distant, but it's there. that's just my opinion, but it's based on common sense.
warcraft74 is offline Quote


3 members found this post helpful.

Post Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:31 AM.




This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.