What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colloidal Silver Question

mc23q

I know that when we make CS we generally use Distilled Water because it has no impurities and creates a purer product.

The problem however is that distilled water is a poor conductor.

Seeing as the CS is not for internal consumption, merely application on plants, would it be okay (for producing pollen only) to use tap water, or alternatively adding some salt to distilled water (to improve conductivity) and produce the CS much faster?

Will the product produced from using tap water, or adding salt for conductivity, still be as effective in inducing pollen sacs?

I would just use distilled water as adding salts will increase the rate of Silver dissolution into the water, however the silver will then combine with the Chlorine and precipitate out of the solution as Silver Chloride.

I recommend Silver thiosulphate as opposed to colloidal Silver as one application every two weeks is just as effective as spraying every day with colloidal Silver.

Latest posts

Latest posts