What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DOIN' IT BLIND...

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
Doin it blind this time. No PH tests. NO PPM tests...Nathin notta nill. Mix me lucas(modified) formula...and of course NO REZ CHANGES to date!!!

The girls are a little larger this time and more trimmed back.. For those that dont remeber the SWC + DRIP Dro style....The magic trays

Running 4 stout girls, have yet to run the system with max count. pics to follow.......

Blunt_69 said:
Doin it blind this time. No PH tests. NO PPM tests...Nathin notta nill. Mix me lucas(modified) formula...and of course NO REZ CHANGES to date!!!

The girls are a little larger this time and more trimmed back.. For those that dont remeber the SWC + DRIP Dro style....The magic trays

Running 4 stout girls, have yet to run the system with max count. pics to follow.......

If you use tap water, you really only need to do a pH test once at the very beginning. Then, based on that test you assume that is the pH of the water every time it comes out of the tap. Then, you just adjust the pH up or down accordingly: if the pH of your tap water tests at 7 once, add enough pH Down to drop it by 1-1.5 points every time you draw water without testing it again.

As far as nutes go, you'll be fine if you use the manufacturer's directions and you can easily eyeball what you do and don't need to change.

Remember, it's a weed and as long as you are growing a forgiving strain like Northern Lights, you really can't screw it up.

kingspade

hey blunt,
i was kinda doing that with my current grow, just one bubbler bucket, i had left my ph and ppm meters with a friend who i setup a grow for, and just got them back today...it's been a month, no rez change, just started flower...i check my ph...just over 10!...so, if your doing it for experiment, alright, but, if your just too cheap to buy one, a ph meter is like $20 on ebay...it goes without saying, growing in the best conditions will give you the best bud...

G

You're not the only one. Check out my thread. Depending on what nutrients you use and what system, you can in fact, get away without checking. I actually had to flush once a week into flower because I over fed them. If it werent' for that, I would have never changed it.....but, I'm doing it joecrowe's famous lazy man's method of mediumless growing with BC Technaflora. Werks fer me! :smoke:

Oh yeah, one question. If you're doing it blind, is it harder to find the hole? :yoinks:

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Yeah, this is kinda of an experiment. My system is very stable and i am now comfortable doing so. I have done multiple different types of grows in this system and no longer need the meters because i know the levels.I have modified the lucas formula a bit, it seems to be working very good..Last round i did zero rez changes minus the flush at the end...monitoring ph/ppm from time to time.

Check my signature links.

And no it's not harder to find the hole...I know it like the back of my hand..!!!lol

Blunt_69

Veteran
OK Have turned up the notch on em, hitting them with a bloom booster product, which seems to work,awsomely. They are looking very healthy....no pests...... Oh man the root balls are HUGE ALREADY!!!! So big they are growen into my freaking drain lines.(definatly gonna have to redesign this area) PPM is roughly around 1200, but i havent checked it...so....i could be off a bit.

G

i dont know 50 bucks 75 bucks....is better than playin it off as a blind man.....unless ofcorse you are

G

same strains same plants... playin it as a blind man mite work....but new plant new equation=blind

BabyHughie

HAHA I monitor my PPMs at topoffs but haven't checked my PH in months. RO water plus flora nova nutes (or anything with ph buffers) = no need for PH meter :D

Actually to be honest, my PH pen broke a while back and I was/am broke, so I said FUCK IT MAN going blind!! :biglaugh: Haven't had a problem yet so Im not even gonna bother getting another one. :D

Blunt_69

Veteran
LOL...No you guys dont get it...I have a ppm meter and a PH pen, which both work fine. From my previous grows, ive noticed my PPM and PH level stay within a certian range.Ive just decided since ive done it a few times with meters and consistent reading, im not gonna even bother this time!!My system does swing a bit, but the plants dont seem to mind it at all... I may just check it, if i notice anything weird goin on.so far...nutin to report. im gonna let them fatten up before i post em!

Last round i didnt even flush from start to finish untill it was 2 weeks to chop.then i flushed with water and a seaweed organic mixture.

G

are you growing different plants...or are these clones...that you know...all things consume different....even if they are the same strain...so you are saying all your plants eat the same....whether they like it or not......blind....is this kind of like the force is guiding you?.....i bet you pull out that pen.....when your yields go to crap

Blunt_69

Veteran
meh.....not the best pics ive taken..but that will do...

9118somthingood.jpg

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Thanks brotha ethereal!! THANKS FOR THE TIP HYBRID!! Havent seen any real usfull suggestions in this department. Was trying to decide wether to give screen a shot Yes ive been growing the same strain for over 2 years(clones).. But i do have another strain I just added 1/2 year ago 3 NL XDT cross & a NL(the big'un...)

aeric

Veteran
It sucks that you can't see how good those look...because your blind. How did u take the picture?

Blunt_69

Veteran
Aeric -Patience and a digi cam.... mine acually sucksIts got a X 3 lens and a easy to use macro mode. but only 3.2 mp(old canon) ...Ive just learned the cam.

Peace Keefhead, a sign of wonderfull things to come!!

Thanks to all checking in on the thread!!

Last edited: