What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fan Size 5x5 - 4" or 6" - LED Upstairs Grow

HazePhase

Hello Folks,

I am going to be starting my first grow upstairs and have a Gorilla 5x5x7 tent that will be on my top floor.
I have central air so it shouldn't get too hot and I will have fans circulating air and venting and will be running LED lighting which doesn't run hot.

My question:
Should I use a 4" or 6" intake fan as I was told that 175CFM and most 4" are around 190CFM.
I was told 4" would be more than enough however others tell me smell might be an issue with 4" as well as making my fan work harder creating more heat.

Any advice would be great as I am completing my order tomorrow.
Thank you very much for all of your help and suggestions.

Have a great day
Haze

starke

I'm about to run the same tent with LED. I went with the 6" Hyperfan with included speed controller. Will be pulling through a 6" CanLite filter. My reasoning was that although a 4" fan might be adequate for air turnover, the increased capacity of the 6" combined with the ability to throttle it down if need be could not hurt.

Old Toker

I'm running the same tent and using an 8" Hyper fan pulling through an 8" Phresh filter. However......I'm using an 860w CDM which produces a lot of heat. I used my tent to veg in and used an LED light. IMHO.....if you are using LEDs a 6" would be fine. Again.....JMPO....but if you decide to go with a 6" fan....I'd go with two 6" passive intakes. An intake fan is not needed.

Good luck!:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts