Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > LED Grow Lights > 320w P.L. Hortiled Top Cannablüm

Thread Title Search
320w P.L. Hortiled Top Cannablüm Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-19-2017, 05:18 AM #1
Muleskinner

Muleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really nice
320w P.L. Hortiled Top Cannablüm

It took a while but Hortiled Cannablüm has arrived! Just took delivery of P.L. Light Hortiled Top cannabis bloom and full-spectrum lamps. It was a pleasure dealing with Urban-Gro out of Colorado - very professional and reliable people.

These are "light bar" top lights - the 38" length allows for passive cooling and gives even coverage over a large area. To my knowledge only Philips Greenpower (220v only) and Fluence make similar units. These are made in Holland by P.L. Light's parent company Hortilux. The efficiency is 2.7 umol/J with the Cannablüm spectrum - a mix of blue, red, and white diodes - 8:1:1 red/blue/green. The full-spectrum version is 2.3 umol/J.

https://www.pllight.com/products/fixtures/hortiled-top/
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/05...24764824744670

So far I'm blown away by the Cannablüm lights, after 2 days I'm already getting rid of my 400w and 600w HPS lights. The plants are going crazy and the light is not bad for viewing at all - it looks better in real life - like a white light tinted with purple color on the plants. I find it more pleasant on the eyes than the harsh glare of HPS (although for watering I still wear dark shades)

Last edited by Muleskinner; 02-23-2018 at 05:36 AM..
Muleskinner is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Click for more info about the Majestic 12 LED panel
Old 02-19-2017, 05:21 AM #2
Muleskinner

Muleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really nice
each lamp is 850 umol, turns out to be good for a 4X4 tent

I started a set of 4 (legal Massachusetts) plants into flower, I will update this thread to track the progress. Some Dutch Passion F1's - Orange Hill Skunk and White Widow. The quality of the fit & finish of these lights is beautiful. P.L. says two of these (640w) can replace their 1000w DE HPS fixture, so they're about 4x the price of HPS, so far it's worth it, I'm realizing I never liked the fiery ball of super-heated gas burning in the house. LED is nice.

Last edited by Muleskinner; 02-23-2018 at 05:37 AM..

Old 02-19-2017, 05:51 AM #3
Desert Hydro

Desert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of light
look cool. hope it does well for you
Desert Hydro is offline Quote

Old 02-19-2017, 05:55 AM #4
Desert Hydro

Desert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of light
whats the price on that? been looking around and cant find any info
Desert Hydro is offline Quote

Old 02-23-2017, 06:41 PM #5
Muleskinner

Growth update, nearly two weeks into flower, loving the lights so far, internode length is WAY reduced over my Gavita HPS. Rapidly becoming a believer in LED! The long bar does a better job of covering the 4-foot tent than one HPS reflector in the middle.

You have to go through a dealer to buy them. Urban-Gro charged me $950 each including Weiland>>120V power cords. Highly recommend Urban-Gro because they're exclusively focused on cannabis and understand our needs (they know your spectral needs for cannabis veg & flower!). Other options are Hummert's or Griffin's greenhouse supply, or LED grow light depot.

these are still in 2 gallon pots, going into 5 gal today....DP White Widow f1s...day 12

PS...this place in Quebec is another source for prices...

https://www.ghlinc.com/boutiquepro/hortiled-top-lamp

Last edited by Muleskinner; 02-23-2018 at 06:11 AM..

Old 02-25-2017, 08:39 AM #6
YetiOG
Banned

YetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really nice
This is super cool muleskinner ill be watching thanks for posting the awesome pics and info

I think im going to build my leds. I was going to knock off the fluence spydr but after looking at several led designs im interested in trying out one of these long bar versions like this or the fluemce vyper
YetiOG is offline Quote

Old 03-01-2017, 07:09 PM #7
Muleskinner

Rookie mistake - I put the lights too close. One of the plants started showing "albino" tips and the others bleached - this is with the light 18-20" away. I reset to 26 inches and they're recovering - leaves are turning dark green again. 24-36 inches from the canopy is the correct height for these.

That means the coverage area of this light is more than I thought. At least 3X4 for flowering. One light is too much for my 1-meter square tent (40"X40"), it seems right for a 4X4. I understand now, if you set LED to where the light looks about the same brightness on the canopy as HPS it's too close. The red and blue don't look as bright to human eyes as to the plants.

you can see the white tops on the plant in front - the top 1/2 inch or so of the top colas. Everything else going well, you can see how much they grew. front one is 3.5 weeks into flower, others are 2.5:

Last edited by Muleskinner; 02-23-2018 at 06:12 AM..

Old 03-05-2017, 01:32 AM #8
Muleskinner

And then there were two....I transplanted the last 2 white widows into mix with double the correct amount of compost. twp weeks later they're basically suffocating and yellowing. Had to cull them unfortunately, but it's OK because I'll need my other tent soon. Now it's one Orange Hill Special and one White Widow under the Hortiled.

The light seems OK at 20 inches above the tops - I think the first plant got light burn because I hung the lamp diagonally across the 3X3 tent. One end was wedged into a corner with the sides acting like a reflector, with the lamp only 16-17 inches away it was too much. Two of these are not going into one 4X4 tent....too much, needs 5X5.

Also Cannablüm spectrum may not help stretching that much, the white widow plant still got pretty leggy. WW on the left is 3 weeks, OHS on the right is at 4 weeks

Last edited by Muleskinner; 02-23-2018 at 06:14 AM..

Old 03-10-2017, 03:59 PM #9
YetiOG
Banned

YetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really nice
Really neat dude.

Any idea what chips they use in these?
YetiOG is offline Quote

Old 03-11-2017, 04:52 PM #10
Muleskinner

Week 4 and 5 update. Orange Hill Special (5wks) is starting to fatten up nicely, White Widow (4wks) has expanded well but the slight yellowing at the tops tells me it won't finish well. It's got 50% bad soil mix. Oh well, I won't make that mistake again. I use organic soil and my blend is sensitive to getting too much compost. Every time I increase it to lengthen the time between waterings it suffocates the plants.

btw, the specs say "Hortiled driver box" no specific info on the build except for saying they use Osram diodes.

Last edited by Muleskinner; 02-23-2018 at 05:49 AM..