Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Ancient Skunk #1- We #@&%ed up

Thread Title Search
Ancient Skunk #1- We #@&%ed up Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2017, 03:27 PM #1
Breeders Retail
Vendor

Breeders Retail is a jewel in the roughBreeders Retail is a jewel in the roughBreeders Retail is a jewel in the roughBreeders Retail is a jewel in the roughBreeders Retail is a jewel in the roughBreeders Retail is a jewel in the rough
Ancient Skunk #1- We #@&%ed up

I am very sorry and embarrassed to tell you all that after running a series of germination tests on the batch of Ancient Skunk #1 seeds we obtained from Sam, we now know the seeds are in fact spoiled and do not germinate sufficiently to sell on to you with any conscience.

Sam has various containers of these seeds in storage, so it is possible that the seeds tested recently to yield the 17% germination rate came from a different container, so the possibility exists that we can still obtain some amount of these seeds. However, at this point, we're looking like this is a Samsung Note 7 recall - OUCH!!!

In our excitement to get you these seeds, we listed them as in stock before we had run a successful germination test on them. When the first 200 didn't produce enough sprouts, we immediately started started another 200 with a mild bleach treatment and rinse, and they too were of such low germination that we have no choice but to call these off the market. We can still send you some as freebies, but we can't in good faith sell them.

So how can we rectify this problem?

Firstly, should you choose, we will send back any payments already sent, if any customer wants to do it this way. Unfortunately, we can't accept responsibility if the return payment gets lost in the mail.

What we will happily do however is offer DOUBLE CREDIT to anyone willing to accept it, if they choose to put the credit towards the purchase of other Cultivator's Choice seeds. Chimera has kindly offered to extend this same offer to anyone who has already sent in payment, should they choose to accept it. So if you sent us $60 for Ancient Skunk seeds, you now have a $120 credit towards any Chimera or Cultivator's Choice seeds.

Sam has also agreed to go back to his cold storage lair buried deep in a Scandinavian mountain and get more of the Ancient Sk#1 seeds from a different storage barrel, and see if we can locate the seeds that had a higher germination rate. Should this happen, we of course are more that willing to apply your credit to these seeds when & if they arrive and test sufficiently.

We all feel terrible about this, and offer each of you our complete apology - this situation isn't acceptable to you, and it isn't acceptable to us. We learned a valuable lesson about making sure every seed lot is tested independently by before they are listed in the catalog.

Three orders of the Ancient Skunk #1 actually made it out the door, so we will be trying to contact these customers directly. If you receive these seeds in the mail, and you have not heard from us directly already, please accept our apology and contact us immediately so we can make things as right as possible with you. We will be looking into some other rare seeds from Sam as well to see if we can find some other way to make it up to you.

To all orders that have already been sent in the mail and have not yet arrived to us, or those few that have arrived and not been sent, we will do our best to contact you to discuss the matter and see about finding a solution that works for you of the choices above.

We feel terrible about this and will do whatever possible to make amends and earn your trust again.

Again, please accept our most humble of apologies for this situation.
Breeders Retail is offline Quote

15 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:32 PM #2
Ollie

Ollie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really nice
Honesty goes a long way.

Thanks for showing how it is supposed and meant to be done (customer service & integrity).

Blessing

BUM SHIVA
Ollie is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:53 PM #3
Chevy cHaze
reign in bud

Chevy cHaze is a jewel in the roughChevy cHaze is a jewel in the roughChevy cHaze is a jewel in the roughChevy cHaze is a jewel in the roughChevy cHaze is a jewel in the roughChevy cHaze is a jewel in the roughChevy cHaze is a jewel in the rough
Damn, how I wish I had ordered some ancient skunk !!!
nice gesture guys.
;-)

cbd is where it's at - 250w organic blumatized cbd skunk haze grow

super silent mode organic blumatized hans panel grow - 80gr from 65w of LEDs

"In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority."

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"- Freewheelin' Franklin
Chevy cHaze is offline Quote

Old 02-16-2017, 03:58 PM #4
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
I thought it was well known and understood that these seeds would only have about a 10% germination. That was known and accepted by everyone that was willing to pay for them.

I'd spend $240 for 400 seeds - if I was able to get 15-20 of those to germinate. I think those of us interested in these seeds were all willing to face that.

dank.Frank

May we all, in our own way, find our personal calling which allows us to continue overgrowing prohibition!!!
dank.frank is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:17 PM #5
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
Damn! Tough news to bring but glad ya did it b4 I got to the PO... I'll revise my order & get back to ya in the next couple days BR.

I'm curious to know how many seeds germinated out of those 400?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank.frank
"The answer is not in chasing this cut or that cut - it's in learning how to maximize what you have in front of you and improving your skill set as a grower...that's the ART."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionni
We need to start telling people that their brains are an app...then maybe they will start using them!
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 02-16-2017, 04:23 PM #6
~star~crash~

~star~crash~ is a splendid one to behold~star~crash~ is a splendid one to behold~star~crash~ is a splendid one to behold~star~crash~ is a splendid one to behold~star~crash~ is a splendid one to behold~star~crash~ is a splendid one to behold~star~crash~ is a splendid one to behold~star~crash~ is a splendid one to behold~star~crash~ is a splendid one to behold~star~crash~ is a splendid one to behold~star~crash~ is a splendid one to behold
this is where the ancient skunk is .........

https://www.croptrust.org/our-work/s...al-seed-vault/

~star~crash~ is online now Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:35 PM #7
Hemphrey Bogart

Hemphrey Bogart is a name known to allHemphrey Bogart is a name known to allHemphrey Bogart is a name known to allHemphrey Bogart is a name known to allHemphrey Bogart is a name known to allHemphrey Bogart is a name known to allHemphrey Bogart is a name known to allHemphrey Bogart is a name known to allHemphrey Bogart is a name known to allHemphrey Bogart is a name known to allHemphrey Bogart is a name known to all
Thanks for the heads up, br. I'll send you a pm.

HB.
Hemphrey Bogart is offline Quote

Old 02-16-2017, 04:39 PM #8
Shmavis

Shmavis is a glorious beacon of lightShmavis is a glorious beacon of lightShmavis is a glorious beacon of lightShmavis is a glorious beacon of lightShmavis is a glorious beacon of lightShmavis is a glorious beacon of lightShmavis is a glorious beacon of lightShmavis is a glorious beacon of lightShmavis is a glorious beacon of lightShmavis is a glorious beacon of lightShmavis is a glorious beacon of light
I'd also like to know what the resulting percentage was from the 400.

I would've been fine with a 10% strike rate; but grabbed some knowing I might not even get that. Anything above would have been cause for celebration, anything less just acceptance of a possibility I was made aware of.

At any rate, great offers to resolve!
§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

― Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty
Shmavis is offline Quote

Old 02-16-2017, 04:46 PM #9
Breeders Retail
Vendor

Breeders Retail is a jewel in the roughBreeders Retail is a jewel in the roughBreeders Retail is a jewel in the roughBreeders Retail is a jewel in the roughBreeders Retail is a jewel in the roughBreeders Retail is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank.frank View Post
I thought it was well known and understood that these seeds would only have about a 10% germination. That was known and accepted by everyone that was willing to pay for them.

I'd spend $240 for 400 seeds - if I was able to get 15-20 of those to germinate. I think those of us interested in these seeds were all willing to face that.

dank.Frank
Hi frank,

The results weren't hitting the ratios expected and so we can't really send out mostly unviable seed.

We're hoping that their may be other seed lots of the same open pollination batch that have better results. We'll keep everyone posted about what we find in relation to the other seed.

If anyone needs to reach me, please use email - breedersretail@gmail.com - please don't PM me here as I don't visit often.

Thanks
Breeders Retail is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:20 PM #10
Oneeyewille

Oneeyewille will become famous soon enough
Dang I already gotten GA3 for when they would of came in.
Oneeyewille is online now Quote