What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

14 days flowering turning yellow

Mart1n

Hi

photos below. 14 days in flowering. Growing in coco, nutes Canna coco A/B only, PH 5.8 - 6.3. Flowering with 400W HPS. Temps: Lights on: 30C (86F), Lights off: 22C (72F) Haven`t changed anything in feeding since flowering started 14 days ago. Any opinions? What is up with these leaves? I think it`s spreading....

Thanks for opinions!

Attachments

• 20170212_193621.jpg
    20170212_193621.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20170212_192313.jpg
    20170212_192313.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 12

Mart1n

N deficiency sounds true if you say it and I take another look at the photo. So how do it treat nitrogen def in coco medium?

Do I raise the overall dosage of Canna A / B by 0.5 ml ? Or maybe a good flush with PH pure water and then normal feeding?

Fuel

Never trust the charts as laws, they push you to destroy more your quality that anything else. Trust the strain more.

The flowering stage stretch push the plant but not for so long; don't be scared to see some yellow tones at this stage. Specially with generous specimens like your. For me it a more a sign of an healthy final product lol The upper green don't indicate that you need to push more this plant, for this type of blood (i will say skunky ones) i generally start PK at low dosage (0.5ml/Ltr, 0.25ml for the Canna one wich is specially strong) at the middle of the stretch to reduce the hunger. It will not last and the plant will change totally his needs when the stretch is done. Don't rush.

Mart1n

Never trust the charts as laws, they push you to destroy more your quality that anything else. Trust the strain more.

The flowering stage stretch push the plant but not for so long; don't be scared to see some yellow tones at this stage. Specially with generous specimens like your. For me it a more a sign of an healthy final product lol The upper green don't indicate that you need to push more this plant, for this type of blood (i will say skunky ones) i generally start PK at low dosage (0.5ml/Ltr, 0.25ml for the Canna one wich is specially strong) at the middle of the stretch to reduce the hunger. It will not last and the plant will change totally his needs when the stretch is done. Don't rush.

Yeah, thanks for suggestion. I thought it was maybe some salt build-ups screwing up the coco, as this grow I have watered without any run-off. So based on this idea I flushed her yesterday with only tap-water. Let her drain and watered with low-dose A+B and 0,5ml/1L Canna P/K 13-14. I will see today when lights on how she is doing...

Fuel

When the salts deposit become a trouble, you get necrosis spots in the leafs. Specially on tops.

I don't practice flush until the bud are fully structured and until the yield is in its final state, and i'm very touchy on the taste. I use minerals nutes too.

Your plant is generous in stems and well stretched, i don't find that to feed her with the level of a fresh clone transplanted is the right idea. The canna line is easy with its universal "1ml/ltr" AB, don't drop. But don't push the canna PK so high and so early, i don't joke when i say it's strong ^^ 0.25 is far enough for this PK until the bud starts are rounded.

Greenlife1

I run coco in all different size pots.
Some are hand watered an some dtw. I like to get a little runoff on hand water onez. I haven't used canna, but
With every thing I use ; I always have to add calmag. Not that yours looks like it needs it.
Not sure if you are running ro water or tap.
Also based on the height of it. It's hard for that 400 to penatrate that far.

Plant looks good.
I'd clean some of that bottom foliage up if it were me let it put it's energy in up top.

Mart1n

So today after lights went on I checked the plants. The yellowing of the middle part of the plant still going on. Many more leaves were dead / half dead. I made myself believe that plant herself wanted to "get rid" of the older / pointless parts of her growth. So I helped her out and did a pretty strong manicure clean: removed all the dead and half yellow leaves, also lot of small middle side-shoots. After that the plant looked like she will have more air going through and lots of more light penetration in the middle. I HOPE I didn`t stress her too much on the start of her 3rd week of 12 / 12 ....

Also fed her 2.5 ml Coco A+B. 0.5 ml PK 13 / 14 (Canna line). So hopefully she won`t be hungry anymore nor overfed and will continue on her beautiful bud development. Some pictures of my 2 ladies attached (strain: Dinafem Original Amnesia)...

Thanks for making me not panic too much about the yellowing!
:)

Attachments

• 20170213_200258.jpg
    20170213_200258.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170213_200312.jpg
    20170213_200312.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20170213_193924.jpg
    20170213_193924.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20170213_193907.jpg
    20170213_193907.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 15

Mart1n

few more

Attachments

• 20170213_193802.jpg
    20170213_193802.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20170213_200235.jpg
    20170213_200235.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20170213_193913.jpg
    20170213_193913.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 17

bigdad41296

Never give straight water in coco it will mess with the cations, get a EC meter. i am 100% sure your are not feeding nearly enough, if i recall right i was inbetween 5ml-7.5ml a and b per gallon and was arounf 1.2-1.3 on the EC

i am 100% sure your are not feeding nearly enough, if i recall right i was inbetween 5ml-7.5ml a and b per gallon and was arounf 1.2-1.3 on the EC

He said he's feeding 2mL per liter, which is around 7.5mL per gallon. That's a good place to be. Canna line is a bit low in N and he's only using a 400, meaning the lower half of the plant wasn't getting light. Not a difficult case to in my inexperienced eyes.

I would've recommended exactly what you did Martin. Just slightly increase feeding and clear out the bottom brush that doesn't get good lighting. Perfect timing too, as I'm under the impression that giving the plant a good lollipopping should wait until the stretch is over.

LEAVES

LEAVES

Hi

photos below. 14 days in flowering. Growing in coco, nutes Canna coco A/B only, PH 5.8 - 6.3. Flowering with 400W HPS. Temps: Lights on: 30C (86F), Lights off: 22C (72F) Haven`t changed anything in feeding since flowering started 14 days ago. Any opinions? What is up with these leaves? I think it`s spreading....

Thanks for opinions!
yes you need to feed them more..i also use canna...and looking at the size of your plants, with out knowing what strain you have...I would be feeding about 5/10 MIL gal...maybe a little cal/mag about 2mil a gal...BUT ..YES..I think you need to feed more. should help the yellowing

Hope things work out for you
BORN:tiphat:

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hi

Thanks for opinions!
The problem may be expressed as a mobile nutrient deficiency, which in early flowering is usually magnesium or phosphorus.

Also, the plant may be rootbound.

However, I think this is the real problem: your nutrient concentration is way too high.

- flush with a 0.2 EC nutrient solution

- Go to 0.4 EC of 50/50 canna coco a+b (0.2 EC) and late flowering nutrients (0.2 EC) like Canna PK 13/14, Plagron Green Sensation 0-9-10 or Atami B'Cuzz 0-20-30.

Also, add a little (no more than 0.1 EC, liquid if you can find it) epsom salt for magnesium and sulfur.

Watch the reaction, and increase the EC from there if necessary.

Last edited:

bigdad41296

He said he's feeding 2mL per liter, which is around 7.5mL per gallon. That's a good place to be. Canna line is a bit low in N and he's only using a 400, meaning the lower half of the plant wasn't getting light. Not a difficult case to in my inexperienced eyes.

I would've recommended exactly what you did Martin. Just slightly increase feeding and clear out the bottom brush that doesn't get good lighting. Perfect timing too, as I'm under the impression that giving the plant a good lollipopping should wait until the stretch is over.
i stand corrected, i thought he was using 2ml and 2ml for a gallon didnt see it was per litter.

Mart1n

yes you need to feed them more..i also use canna...and looking at the size of your plants, with out knowing what strain you have...I would be feeding about 5/10 MIL gal...maybe a little cal/mag about 2mil a gal...BUT ..YES..I think you need to feed more. should help the yellowing

Hope things work out for you
BORN:tiphat:

Hey Born. Please see that I am actually using 0.2 ml per 1 LITER, so this means 7.5 MIL per GAL :) . I also started to add a little PK 13/14 now. I have some emspom salts for /mag, but I think better to wait a bit before adding too much of everything. Lets see how it goes from here. I will wait couple of days and let you know :tiphat: