IMG_4914.jpg

IMG_4956.jpg

IMG_4975.jpg

IMG_4976.jpg

IMG_4985.jpg

Grape Ape:

IMG_4935.jpg

IMG_4936.jpg

just took a sample cut of the sfv - it has a really pungent lemon and gas smell and is greasy af. It also has kind of a cake smell to it. my girl squeezed a bit to feel density (very dense) and it left an oil residue on her fingers that smelt incredibly good.
Very excited to try this herb:

this piece I am holding weighed 9.1 grams fresh after cutting. It is surprisingly dense:

IMG_5023.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

here's a tester nug of the grape ape:
IMG_5095.jpg

I am pretty sure this is from apothecary genetics. DHN probably just popped a bunch of seeds and picked out a winner.

The smell is amazing, really skunky but also has nice fruity purp undertones. I can't wait to smoke this :woohoo:

Nice. How's the yield on the grape ape?

OP

the pic I posted was from a lower 1.5 weeks premo
she makes some pretty fatty nugs
I would say it's a great strain for an untopped sog method - without topping she has a nice bud structure and a sog would be impressive to look at with her. She's one of the only strains I deliberately choose not to top. When I harvest I'll post pics of the tops.

Starting SFV Og Kush flush tomorrow so thought I would post some before picks - she will stack pretty hard during flush I've been tying up the big nugs.

IMG_5099.jpg
IMG_5110.jpg
IMG_5111.png
IMG_5112.png

I suppose this should have been under a grow journal.. sorry I'm new to these forums

Yes wow! Two cuts I REALLY want to grow out... Looking superb mate! Wd
Hi Bir-Narstie!

Thank you so much for the kind words. These strains were a pleasure to grow and I was excited to get my hands on them.

If you ever in California, Dark Heart Nursery has them and are very consistent - every sfv og plant looks identical :dance013:very stable genetics.

Take care :tiphat:

Can I get some opinions on when to harvest?

Can I get some opinions on when to harvest?

Hello again guys, I just wanted to post a pic I just took of the grape ape which has been in flush for 14 days and looks just about ready -
I have read on here to wait for the calyx to swell and to let the hairs sink in as well as let the trichs fill up.

Another grower I know told me to wait for the smell to come in as that means the terpene profile is finishing up, he says the nose is the biggest indicator.
My room is starting to reek and this bud I cut is really stinky!

I was wondering if I could get your guys take as to how mature this bud looks and how long I should wait to harvest:

IMG_5203.jpg

Also - my instagram is the same name as I have on here and I just posted a video of this same bud - I don't care about gaining followers so not trying to promote just if you need a better look I have a small 20 sec videos where you can see the full bud.

Thanks!

a few more of sfv og finishing up - next time I'm going to start a grow journal

IMG_5218.jpg
IMG_5217.jpg

I got some new genetics and am very excited for my next run :D
going to work on scrogging and filling up the canopy

Hi

I'm going to be getting some SFV cuts off a friend next week, i'm putting a strain called knockout into flower the following week and the SFV will be following along after that. I always scrog my plants and SFV was recommended by him as he grows it all the time

purpleplayer007

good job.. im liking the way the SFV looks..the grape ape too. you said you ran them with a 400w LED..how was the yield on everything??

good job.. im liking the way the SFV looks..the grape ape too. you said you ran them with a 400w LED..how was the yield on everything??

yeah I have 3 300w LED's for a total of 900W but they only pull about 450W from the wall - so 450 'true' watts as they would say.

This is only my second run - but compared to my last run the yield was so much more. I ran into some issues and fixed what went wrong last run.

I don't have everything dried and weighed yet so I am not sure on grams per watt yet. I think I got some pretty nice sized colas for the amount of space and light I had though :dance013:

here's a look at the SFV yield - I'm about to go chop :yay:

yeild.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts