What's new

Drippers. Easier to set up than you think!

Chronicbs

Using a cheap $55 1/10 hp transfer pump from harbor freight it's really easy to convert those pots to drippers now. Your plants need never suffer again from drying out and finally reap one of the best benefits of Coco by utilizing multiple feedings! One pump can run hundreds of drippers but only uses 2 amps. It's rated for over 20 psi and 41 head feet and comes with a 6 ft hose and a nicely weighted triangle shaped attachment that makes sure it sucks down to the bottom of the rez.

picture.php

Attached to the triangle attachment I have a fine 200 mesh inline filter (<$10 from homedepot near the drippers) to keep my drippers from clogging. I've needed to clean the filter less than once a week so far and I have a pretty dirty rez with molasses and such.

I had to get a small 3/4" female to female PVC adapter (<$1) to connect to the hose which goes to the pump.

picture.php

I have splitters here but u only need if going to multiple seperate PVC manifolds. Each hose goes to its own table so I can feed or flush them seperate or together. I've run all 4 tables through one pump and it runs em fine, close to 100 drippers.

picture.php

From the pump I bought a 6ft female to female 3/4" hose ($7 Lowe's) that attaches to a 3/4" threaded PVC to slip joint adapter. That attaches to 3/4" PVC that's duct taped to the table. (Farther tables have the PVC run along the wall till they can run length wise down a 4x8 table)

picture.php

Along this length of PVC I add T slip joints and a slip joint to 1/2" threaded adapter which the orbit 8 port manifolds ($8 by the drippers) screw onto.

*Cheaper Alternative* u can install 1/4" rubber grommets directly into the PVC piping for a quarter of the costs per plant but this is not what I personally did.

picture.php

Now just install 1/4" irrigation tubing ($5 per 50ft, Lowe's had the more preferable white, easier to see and therefore set up) from a manifold or grommet to the plant. Add the drippers ($.30) and your good to go. Set up a timer and enjoy no longer having to worry about your plants ever drying out again.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I really want to use as much of my blutmat system as possible. You see any reason I can't hook up the pump to my 1/2" black hydro tube that circles my rooms, instead of pvc? How much time do run pump for 1 feeding? Wouldn't a controller work better than a timer?

Old Toker

Thank you! Pictures and fitting sizes helped a LOT.

Is the PVC pipe pressurized?
Do you need a back flow (anti-siphon)preventer?

I thought about running 1/2" hose/tubing/pvc completely around the perimeter (inside) of my 60"x60" tent and joining it with a T fitting. The third part of the T would go out one of the duct holes to the pump. Run 1/4" tubing off of the 1/2" hose at the pots with drippers? Not sure what size drippers I would need or how long I would need to run the pump in order to get some run off at each pot (8 - 2gal coco pots) - DTW.

Appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

Last edited:

Chronicbs

I really want to use as much of my blutmat system as possible. You see any reason I can't hook up the pump to my 1/2" black hydro tube that circles my rooms, instead of pvc? How much time do run pump for 1 feeding? Wouldn't a controller work better than a timer?

If it's already there definitely try the 1/2" first. I'm sure it will work for a lot of plants just not potentially as many as the 3/4" piping. I just threw up exactly how I did my setup. The secret sauce, the magic ingredient is this new cheap efficient high quality widely available pump because the Achilles hill for most drip setups is using either a way too powerful irrigation pump or a way under powered 6 psi fountain pump. Using this 20 psi pump will make much any irrigation setup work properly now.

I run them for 5 minutes 3x right now. Some bigger plants wanted a little more. I'm currently in 3 gallon airpots but I'll be trying 5" square 7" tall pots I have a bunch of so in those pots I'll probably be feeding more often but shorter time.

im currently set on just copying your watering system instead of going with blumats for my small coco garden. I was hesitant to go with automated drippers because i am plannning to go perpetual and maybe multi strain which means i might have different water needs for different plants.

But i can control how much each plant gets witht he Orbit Manifold correcT?
Basically one port for each plant? so if i plan to have two seperate SCROGs with 3 plants each I should probably a Y adapter like you to split hoses to two seperate 4-port manifolds correct?

And lastly, I'm not sure what timer or controller I should go with for Coco if i want to multifeed? Can you share what you use to control your timing?

Latest posts

Latest posts