What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guess whats coming to Colorado “Non-Licensed Marijuana Grows Inspection Team.”

shaggyballs

Veteran
It appears that home cultivation is now at risk in several municipalities across Colorado and California. Local and state lawmakers in both jurisdictions are revisiting the issue and are moving toward unnecessarily limiting adult’s home cultivation rights.

Most recently, representatives with Denver’s Office of Marijuana Policy revealed a plan to, “limit unlicensed recreational and medical grows in private residences,” throughout the city of Denver. This decision came after months of closed-door meetings between regulators and leading marijuana industry interests such as the Marijuana Industry Group (MIG); which together, form what’s being called the, “Non-Licensed Marijuana Grows Inspection Team.”

Although there has been little to no mention of specific details regarding this proposed program, many are anticipating the new regulations to resemble those that have come under fire in Indian Wells, California. In that city, lawmakers are pushing for regulations mandating that anyone who wishes to cultivate marijuana in their home must purchase an annual permit and must also allow inspectors into their residence. This amounts to an absolutely unnecessary burden for responsible, law-abiding citizens.

In recent days, Denver NORML became inundated with emails, messages and comments on social media demanding a response to what many believe is a blatant overreach by city government officials. In response, members of Denver NORML, led by Executive Director, Jordan Person, began mobilizing volunteers to contact members of the Denver City Council with the goal of defending the rights and privacy of marijuana consumers in the city of Denver.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In that city, lawmakers are pushing for regulations mandating that anyone who wishes to cultivate marijuana in their home must purchase an annual permit and must also allow inspectors into their residence.
Ch-ch-ch-changes....bet it becomes wide spread...anything to squeeze a buck or two more from patients, growers.
Please Mr. T.....find something worthy to change and leave us be...

seeded

I remember jumping up and down telling everyone this kind of shit was going to go down and got laughed at, called crazy, etc. because "we'll have won the war" and not one of them understood that handing over absolutely everything our side fought for could be considered a losing end state to the war if the other side admitted defeat.

I'm terribly sorry that you guys are going to get screwed over but hopefully the rest of the world will actually pay attention and refuse all legalization attempts until they've been removed from the UN convention on narcotics because until then it's literally just legalizing it for them while the war continues for us.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sucks to be CALI, CO passed a Constitutional Amendment protecting it's Citizens from such over reaching tactics. Let's get this fuckin ball rollin!

Decisions of the Court;
Murdock v Pennsylvania, 310 U.S. 105 @p113
"State may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the Constitution"

Hale v Henkel, 201 U.S. 43
The individual may stand upon his constitutional rights as a citizen. He is entitled to carry on his private business in his own way. His power to contract is unlimited. He owes no duty to the State or to his neighbors to divulge his business, or to open his doors to an investigation, so far as it may tend to criminate him. He owes no such duty to the State, since he receives nothing therefrom, beyond the protection of his life and property. His rights are such as existed by the law of the land long antecedent to the organization of the State, and can only be taken from him by due process of law. He owes nothing to the public so long as he does not trespass upon their rights.

Definitions:
Prima Facia,
At first sight; on the first appearance ;on the face of it; so far as can be judged from the first disclosure; presumably; a fact presumed to be true unless disproved by some evidence to the contrary.

Colorable, That whichvin appearance only, and not in reality, what it purports to be, hence counterfeit, feigned, having the apperance of truth.

Fraud, An intentional perversion of truth for the purpose of inducing another in reliance upon it to part with some valuable thing belonging to him or to surrender a legal right. A false representation of a matter of fact, wether by words or by conduct, by false or misleading allegations, or by concealment of that which should have been disclosed, which deceives and is intended to deceive another so that he shall act upon it to his legal injury.

More Court decisions:
Nudd v Burrows;
"Fraud destroys the validity of everything into which it enters."

Boyce v Grundy;
"Fraud vitiates everything"

U.S. v Throckmorton
"Fraud vitiates the most solemn contracts, documents, and even judgements."

hellfire

Right now there is a bill trying to be passed in CO to eliminate the entire medical side and make a 6 or 12 plant count a statewide thing.

People are pissed.
Call your senators, email or something. This is fucked.

SMS65

And this is why people need to start voting for smaller govt. They are not on your side, they don't care about your rights or about your disabilities. It's all about finding a way to screw people over and make money.

Space Case

Veteran
Right now there is a bill trying to be passed in CO to eliminate the entire medical side and make a 6 or 12 plant count a statewide thing.

People are pissed.
Call your senators, email or something. This is fucked.

It would take a lot to get rid of an amendment to the state constitution. But I could see them taking it away on a retail and commercial level. And they have been cracking down on doctors.

hellfire

There's going to be a hearing on Monday in Denver. Hopefully enough people show up to defend their rights.

I don't want to have to see tons of kids go back to eating pharmaceutical drugs for epilepsy.

EastFortRock

If it's indoor, don't buy a permit. I wouldn't if it was outdoor either. Sounds like the permit gives them permission to come on your property. Why tell them where you are? If they find out, city code violation is still better than a felony and jail.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
:biggrin:its a game of chess for them and we are the pawns. they can tilt the table in any/many direction to maintain control and maximize income. big pharma is as strong as the most secret departments of the us government (probably all govts) that leaks like a sieve to 'steer' public opinion..

EDIT: and twist, turn, bitch and moan, they ant givin up control.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it's indoor, don't buy a permit. I wouldn't if it was outdoor either. Sounds like the permit gives them permission to come on your property. Why tell them where you are? If they find out, city code violation is still better than a felony and jail.

A LICENSE is:
Permission (permit/permitted) to do something that would otherwise br illegal.
Blacks Law Dictionary, 7th edition

Because Colorado Citizens passed an Amendment to the state Constitution saying that resident adults over the age of 21 can grow 6 plants,
Any law making that would abrogate these rights are unconstitutional and as such VOID & without power!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Until the state is getting taxes from the home growers. There will be this struggle. 6 plants is a joke. Maybe if your in a rental property 6 plants. When you own your own property 100 plants should be allowed. State's don't want sales to minors. Give the home growers an open flee market type environment for sales. Then we could use our own grows for personal reasons and sale the balance of craft cannabis as income. The state would have their taxes paid in the day of the sale.
If a grower can have a legal market for adult use sales. Why risk sales to minors and legal consequences? We can work with the state's and benefit as concerned growers. The alternative is underground growers and prosecution.
Peace

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Keep telling your self that voting for REGULATION masked as LEGALIZATION was a good idea.

dank.Frank

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
It's not perfect by any means. We are much better now than the last 70 years of prohibition. When it comes to taxes, the more people growing. The more money the state's will have. Plain and simple. Peace

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Taxes is the ultimate form of regulation!
FUCK THAT SHIT!
Those dicks in suits haven’t done a fucking thing other than dip their paws into my cookie jar when I’m not looking! They don’t deserve 1 red cent!
They’ve done absolutely nothing to help the general public while they line their pockets & hire their partners to suppress & oppresss Individuals from exercising their Rights, inherent from birth!

And if you don’t pay your taxes...

Legalization is the biggest joke being played on cannabis consumers.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
i still boycott all rec stores, have from inception.
boycotting corporate entities but for a couple that i deem necessary.

hit 'em where it hurts, right in the taxhole.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
LMAO... why is it that everyone in this country hates anyone else who makes more money than them? LMAO

Who cares how much money the suits get? That makes absolutely no difference in my life. For some reason it makes some people angry but, I feel those people are weak and insecure and are angry at anyone better off than them.

Bottom line........ you don't go to prison for pot possession. No one can tell me that's not a step up from the past 50 years. LMAO

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Suits want their money & ours.

We just want to be free to do as we please!

It’s not even close to a jealousy thing.
That’s only in your mind!

Nobody ever went to prison for simple possession either.
Prison sentences are accompanied by other charges such as trafficking or other trumped up charges.