What's new

Stuck! Which bulb to use for what?

bendattheknee

Hello everyone,

So im ready to start my first grow. My room is built (ill share some pics later), i got my moonshine mix prepped, got my seeds popped and ready to go into the soil today, light system hanging but now I ran into a slight problem, or maybe its not a problem.

I bought a Sunsystem hood light system - one of those dummy proof systems with the ballast built in, and I got two bulbs, and now cant 100% decide which one to use for veg and which for fruiting. The two bulbs from Philips are below:

Philips Master Color CDM-TP MW (Elite MW) vs. Philips Master GreenPower Elite Agro 315W/930

What do the experts think? If I have to decide, I would say the Greenpower is for veg. and the MW is for fruiting.

Appreciate any input.
:biggrin:

Drop That Sound

growweedeasy.com is pretty awesome too

The straight MH would be for veg, and the other Agro bulb from your description is half MH and half HPS, a mix of both spectrums better suited for flowering.

Drop That Sound

So i looked it up and it is a ceramic metal halide (CMH), designed specifically for growing. I'm no expert on that type of bulb but I would think it could veg and flower with just the one bulb?. Don't take my word for it though I haven't ever used one.. many here have though and I hear about them a lot.

Latest posts

Latest posts