What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quick PM question

eagle 20 will eradicate it forever.. Without that you might as well throw it out it'll come back given the slightest chance

Tbonegrower

Both of the above are true statements.

I used eagle 20 as a last stitch effort to "break the cycle" and after only treating my mothers, after about 18 weeks the PM was completely gone from my garden.

Be very careful when you are attempting to manage PM, as the use of systemic products in flower is a HUGE no-no.

Tbonegrower

I've personally witnessed sulfur fail to manage PM. I would not say that Eagle 20 is the only way, but it was the only way that worked for me after more than a year of battle...

Not arguing, just saying.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Eagle 20 should never be used on anything that is going to be smoked. There are way too many other viable alternatives.

Try Procidic2. Works on contact and systemically...and it's organic. Not to mention it was specifically formulated for cannabis.

dank.Frank

Tbonegrower

Good looking Frank. I had never heard of this product when I was battling PM (it was 5+ years ago). At this point I have actually had to tear down anyway due to the big D... just recently put some cabs together to keep myself busy...

George

We have powdery mildew everywhere here. IMO it's all in your environment. My plants have PM that they got from the outdoor plants here. There is no reason for us to use eagle 20 because it'll just be reintroduced from the outside. The use of a good dehumidifier and environmental control should take care of it for you. PM is like any other mold/mildew, it needs the right conditions or it will not germinate. It will not attempt to start its reproductive process by growing outside of the plant until it sees conditions that favor it so that it can continue to spread to new plants.

Edit: I should say once we got our environment dialed in I have no seen a single instance of PM and we did not treat for it.

soserthc1

A organic product called dragon juice pm2 really helped my pm issue

Actually made my plants healthier and it can be used lights on

Mind you I just had a few leaves on a few plants 10 days ago and I've needed to spot a few times since. So this could of only been a temporary fix. I've never had pm before and I'm pretty anal about IPM

Gonna research that product frank put up now

Last edited:
I haven't used anything other than eagle that sorted the problem for good.

The procidic2 worked long term for you frank? The only active ingredient is citric acid that would really be a game changer

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm getting a bunch of PMs so I'll address this here, publicly.

I'm not 1000% sure that Procidic and Procidic2 are fundamentally any different.

I have NOT had PM on cannabis for years, but then again, I've not been primarily growing cannabis for a long time.

Anything marketed to the cannabis industry has a mark up and we all know this.

I will say that Procidic works amazingly for the purpose within the industry that I originally became aware of it. Scientifically field tested and lots of supported data by several leading universities. I love the product.

Yes. It is a citric acid compound. When you study PM in general, as has been posted in this thread already, if environmental conditions exist that are not favorable to it's spread, then it will not do so. A pound of prevention...

Looking at it for what it is, primarily a citric acid solution with dispersion and wetting agents, it must lower the pH of the phylosphere and therefore create unfavorable environmental conditions.

I've only seen pm in a indoor or sealed grow room when there wasn't enough air circulation and no dehumidifier running.

I still stand by my recommendation of the product. It is costly but well worth it if you are growing a crop worth multiple thousands of dollars. The cost of the product becomes negligible then at that point.

I love that no one has heard of it though. Glad to introduce you to something new. I told F.A.M. about it a couple years ago...but then again, that crew doesn't see PM very often either. :joint:

That would be why I said "try" as opposed to making a long post proclaiming it to be the key to the magical kingdom. For the purpose and industry in which I use Procidic, it is an organically certified game changer. :dance013:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That would be no different than something like EcoSmart line of products which I have used in the past with only moderate control / success.

dank.Frank

Just noticed some pm on one of my plants very little on like 2 leave, took this plant out the tent, the plants are still on veg will this eagle 20 harm them in any way?

Latest posts

Latest posts