What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

natural gender reversal

seeded

Today I noticed that one of my plants was putting out balls.
picture.php

Normally this would be a joyous occasion in my garden but not today because when I looked at the tag it was my bubblegum mother and here she is on the other side of the tent about a month ahead of the other cutting.
picture.php

I know it's not a mislabelled cutting as I'm crazy paranoid about screwing up like that and take my mothers to another room one at a time to take cuttings. It's on it's 3rd run and the coco, nutes, etc. are all relatively new and except for a bit of a magnesium deficiency which I've since sorted none of the other plants are showing issues at all. They're definitely not perfect but healthy enough that I wouldn't expect stress induced bananas let alone full gender reversal from any of them. Worth noting however is that although I bought a 10 pack of th seeds regular bubblegum I'm pretty sure I was sold a newer pack of feminized seeds as I got 10/10 females.

Does anyone have any experience in using a plant like this for breeding? Curiosity is getting the better of me so I'm going to let it finish away from the other plants and collect it's demon seed to see what it can do (I'll be sure to keep this thread updated) but as that'll take forever I'd love to hear about any first hand experiences you guys have had with established plants flipping genders, how the seeds have turned out, etc.

seeded

wouldn't expect it in Bogs line.

what fem line was this bubblegum from?
It's a TH Seeds bubblegum that I have.
established plants flipping genders
Caused by stress generally.

I agree but the female copped way more of the mag stress than the male one did and the female hasn't chucked a single banana yet.

I've never seen a plant flip gender like this at all and wish that I had plants to take cuttings from at the time that weren't my proven mothers. All the other plants were too small, the previous cut from the same mother grew as per usual and I don't see how I could have screwed up taking cuts from a single plant at a time while writing the tags for them as I go. If circumstances were different I could at least have enough doubt to say I've smoked myself retarded and call it a day but I'm seriously confused as to how it could totally flip gender without there at least being some hermie signs. It's like a light switch has been flipped and I'm stuck here wondering wtf is going on :dunno:

Latest posts

Latest posts