What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Grow Box

Just want to show my design. This was my first time to really build anything custom from wood. Being disabled it took several months to completely part together because knowing this would be long term I chose parts with longer warranties and a little bit more costly to start up.

I am gonna start from the top of it and work my way down.

Outside view of box. The ducting now runs out the back window

picture.php

Here is the air exchange part.

I am using a 6 inch Sline fan and carbon filter. I chose to suspend it with bungee cords to reduce vibration and noise. I sleep with it in my room if that lets you know how quiet it is

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Inside parts:

Inside parts:

The power set up, in this picture, you will see fan speed control, webcam for photos, and the power strip with timers for light and aeroponic pump

I am using a Viaspar 300 watt LED grow light

picture.php

I mounted a circulation fan to some electrical wire poles - this allows for vertical movement of fan when needed

picture.php

Even though I chose to go with a low pressure aeroponic for extra precaution I am also using an air pump to keep water even more oxygenated. Dehumidifier just in case

picture.php

Lower and Hydro Part"

Lower and Hydro Part"

360 spinner sprayers in the middle and 180 degree sprayers on the sides

picture.php

I am disabled due to breaking a few vertebrae and had a fear of water weight so added separate a discharge pump and a couple flips of some valves and that water is pumped outside

picture.php

My passive air intake is floor vents and those clear vent deflectors I just painted those black to reduce light leak. I went with floor vents because they have these cheap filters you can easily replace to keep somewhat clean air coming in

picture.php

A little light leak but acceptable to me

picture.php

Yes it is my first time out the gates.

Well, I had an unknown descent bag seed I grew outdoors over the summer just to study. Forced me to learn some things when it comes to care. Hell she even was a female so that was a bonus

Oh and the base is painted with the flexcoat that comes in the paint bucket. It is waterproof and allows for easy cleanup of any liquids

Nice build . How much can you produce in a box this size? Been thinking about trying something similar.

I can't tell ya because this is my first time and my babies are still young. I can tell ya I will be able to meet my personal needs and this is all I care about.

Latest posts

Latest posts