What's new

first grow in over 10 years- elephant purple

Vedanta

just got my legal perpetual garden up and running, I was lucky enough to locate some elephant purple clones from a store 2hours away.

anyway here it is,, its a 1000watt light bloom room, T5 in the veg,

I built the bucket system and control bucket myself,, will be adding co2 in the next crop

the last pics I took the other day,, tomorrow ill be going into the 4th week of flowering

I had some spider mites but I wipe them all out with 4 different sprays

ill post some better pictures tomorrow. let me know what you guys think about this setup. its how I was taught to grow/prune years ago.

Attachments

• DSC00309.jpg
    DSC00309.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00322.jpg
    DSC00322.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00325.jpg
    DSC00325.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00375.jpg
    DSC00375.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC00383.jpg
    DSC00383.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00377.jpg
    DSC00377.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 8

Vedanta

I took this pictures just now, I was just wondering, if anyone has an idea how much I might yield?

Attachments

• DSC00389.jpg
    DSC00389.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00391.jpg
    DSC00391.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 6

soserthc1

4/4 space is clear
1000 watt is clear

plant count 4/6/8 ?

then just do some simple gpw (grams per watt) math

set some achievable goals and increase with more practice.

the super mite 4 spray line is a little concerning hopefully the med is for you

Vedanta

I got 5 plants,, the grow area is 4x4,, not sure what the gpw formula is, can you explain,, ill google it in the meantime.

the sprays for the mites were used in veg so I'm not too worried about that. I guess that's the price one pays for getting clones, but I'm sure I wiped them all out.

thanks for the help

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
gpw is dried weight of buds in grams divided by wattage used

You'll notice a big improvement from putting reflective walls around that frame and putting a few circulation fans blowing gently onto the flower canopy, you should be able to put the light closer if there's a breeze across the canopy, which will boost your yield again

Vedanta

actually I have a 20in box fan blowing over the canopy, you cant see it in the pictures, I have plans to add one of those figure 8 fans that mount on the wall on my next crop, I love the mylar idea, ill pick up a small roll off ebay, that's a pretty good idea as it will catch that light .

thanks

Tynehead Tom

I tell my friends I have taught to grow that they should be aiming to yield 1 dried and cured pound for every 1000 watts as a baseline.
Of course one can yield more per 1000watts but for a new grower with a simple system, a pound of bud should be the target.
If the 1000 watt room isn't yielding at least one pound, it either needs more plants, a different variety or a longer veg. That and a reasonably dialed environment.
I also agree with containing the light and reflective walls should be no further than 3 feet from center of bulb for a 1000w room.
just one mans 2 cents.

grams per watt is nice and all but the old school baseline has always been 1 pound minimum per 1000 watt light. Anything less and something ain't right.

Vedanta

hell id be happy with a pound from this crop,, my next crop will be better due to having better clones and no spider mites,, here is a new picture I'm on the 4th week of flowering now

Attachments

• DSC00402.jpg
    DSC00402.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00407.jpg
    DSC00407.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 9

Vedanta

I got my next set of clones mite free right now in my veg room,, I'm hitting them every 3days with neem, azamax and foggers.. nasty little bastards

Attachments

• DSC00409.jpg
    DSC00409.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 6

EastCoast710

no1 can tell you what your going to yield from photos. lol some buds are dense some are not. lol pictures can be deceiving.. just be happy that your going to get a harvest this time lol.. as a lot of people been fucking up and getting crappy bud or other issues.. things will get better with time.. me personally id put that shit in a Tent. if your going to keep it with 1 light.
5x5 tent for like 100-150 on ebay.. and its the easiest way to setup a lil room lol

Vedanta

the plant came from the biggest clone store in Denver, it supposed to be one of the best plants out there for big yield and potency, its a lot of buds in there,,, just not on this one plant, due to leaf burn from spraying and turning the light on too soon. and a good number of leaves have mite damage,, but I don't have webs or anything.

I don't know, I hope this crop comes out ok because I'm really sick of buying pot at the store and dealing with those morons.

last bag I got at the store I didn't stand there and make sure the girl gave me all bud,, she tossed a freaking 1/4 of shake in my ounce and charged me 200 bucks!!!!!

Vedanta

took some better pictures without the hps light on,,, and some videos

[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rEnpSUTCyA[/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IigxdCdAluA[/YOUTUBEIF]

Attachments

• DSC00414.jpg
    DSC00414.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00413.jpg
    DSC00413.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 7

Vedanta