What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4x4 tent 1000w the white,candyland

NorCalGro

This will be my First grow at my new place just got the applo 4x4 tent pretty basic setup but it works. I have a 1000w hps/mh aircooled hood with a magnetic ballast, 400cfm 6in inline exhausting my tent and hood going out my window it was the only way to bring temps down to the 75-77 lights on 68 lights off. Im using 3 gal plastic grow bags with fox farms coco loco not really sure about nutrients yet i have a couple liters of AN jungle juice left along with some flower boosters ill most likely just use that its about a year old thou not sure how long it keeps? I started 3 seedlings in my window seal 2 weeks ago then got the growing bug back and ordered a tent and started 8 more funny how that works haha. Any advice would be great as this is my first grow with a Tent ill post pic regularly for anyone who wants to follow along thanks.

Day2
picture.php

Day 14ish
picture.php

Last edited:

NorCalGro

Day 10

Day 10

Everything's going smooth topped the 3 bigger ones(2 candyland 1 sfv og) and they are responding well also did a light feed of molasses,bio-weed from GO, humic and fulvic acids and a healthy dose of microbes.

NorCalGro

Thanks Smokey I just wish the little ones would catch up there only 10 or so days behind the bigger 3 I mite have to pick up a net and do a scrog not sure what I want to do with this grow I usually just scrog yet any advice? I'm only planing on a 3-4 week veg

M

meowmeowmeow

You're gonna have some good bud on your hands.

Scrog wouldn't be a bad idea. 1k of light will make monsters. :biggrin:

NorCalGro

What do you think about tying the net to just the 4 corner posts of my tent will that do the trick? or Should I get pvc and make a frame?? I'm trying to get by this first grow as cheap as possible so far I've just had to buy soil, timer,grow bags, and the tent.

M

meowmeowmeow

Option #1 sounds good to me dude.
Minimize cost until you're certain it will work for you.
You can even create a net by using cotton string aka kite string. What $5 bones @ a hobby store? :biggrin:
I always try to deconstruct anything I see as a viable idea....simple reverse engineering. :joint:

I wish I could run my tent with an even canopy....def easier to tend to I would think.

Beanzy

Nice NorCal I'm subbed, most of my friends do 600w for 4x4 so I'm thinking 1k is great. I'm subbed and watching.

NorCalGro

Opened the tent up this morning to see things really took off the leafs all pointed up toward the light. Im thinking it was because I let the soil dry out a bit and the microb feed a few days ago it's crazy how well organics work if you get ur bennie Hurd beefed up. So far I haven't used any synthetic nutes really debating geting some earth juice bloom and just going all organic I usually do like a best of both worlds kinda approach synthic/organic. Anyways here's the happy girls

NorCalGro

Thanks for the sub itsjustaflower!! I honestly would rather have a 600 in my tent just cuz the power consumption is like half. I haven't had any heat issues and the plants are thriving I'm just not looking forward to adding 100 bucks to my Pgne bill every month lol

M

meowmeowmeow

MCG I would compare cost of organic vs synthetic then make a decision or what you want out of your grow.

My preference is organic as possible which I have hit numerous times.
To me the total profile is more true and not over done (Used FF dry nutes) and burns soooooo smooth. :biggrin:

NorCalGro

sunset sherbert, white fire og

sunset sherbert, white fire og

Picked up a couple elite clone onlys today. The wifi og tested at 28% and I got a gram of the sunset which I made sure was off the clone I purchased and was some dank!! I paid 13.50 each for um so not a terrible price for good genetics there a good 14inches and had good thick roots too:)

Wifi og

Sunset Sherbert

M

meowmeowmeow

I like the look of that WiFI OG ..... but both look good.

The sherb' I'm def jealous you have that.....love that smoke. :joint:

NorCalGro

Ya there were just about teens i wish I got a pick of the roots bangin I got lucky! The wifi has a small deficiency in the lower leafs looks like it's out growing it thou i think it was frm being left in the rockwhool a lil too long.. there is basically no transplant shock either

Wifi

Sunset

NorCalGro

Made some improvements

Made some improvements

Went ahead and added a scrog it's not the prettiest but it will do the trick;)
picture.php

NorCalGro

Day 21/14

Day 21/14

Things are starting to even out! I'm thinking just a few more days till the flip can't wait to see how my s1/f1 are gonna turn out. I'm starting to think the headband pollinated the sfv og and maybe even a couple others as I go back to my pics of that grow, it will be interesting to find out.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

NorCalGro

New pics

New pics

I had to delete the pics from the first couple weeks. This is when the good part starts anyways. :plant grow:

NorCalGro

Sry I had my album set to private I thought that was only for the album still learning the site. How's that can u see the last 4 images?