What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

flushing coco.

EastCoast710

ok.. so the last 2 coco grows. first grow. started flush 14 days before the chop.. and I barely had anything yellow out..

then second grow started to drop nutes to half a week before the 2 week flush.. and still was pretttttttty green..

so now I'm trying 3 weeks just phed water.. nice flush for the first week.. and then 2 weeks of every day flooding and shopvac sucking up the rest .

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
What's the the feeding schedule? Im doing a constant feeding til run off with no plain waterings inbetween.

If I give plain water at any point, I get yellowing pretty quickly.

Bout to try weaker nutes for a week then plain water for 2 weeks.

DJM

When you start flushing , sometime medium can have build up , so just because you start feeding plain water doesn't mean the mediums ppm levels will drop down to nothing day one of flush. Sometimes it can take a week of plain water to get the medium flushed of nutrients completely, so the plant is really only being " leached " of nutrients one of those two weeks. A plant can't leach nutrients from its nutrient reserves to fade until the medium I'd reset to inert. Depending on your feed levels x nutrients and the npk levels this can vary greatly. Instead of feeding plain water longer and loosing days of the ripining phase, which greatly effects yield, I would instead flush the medium with 1-2x the pots volume with plain water to flush most or all of the nutrients out. Then the following two weeks the plant will have no food source and will begin to canibolize the nutrient reserves in its leaves, causing the plant to "leach" it's self of nutrients and fade yellow. There is far more to take into consideration than just how long you give it plain water. A strongly fed plant with even slight build up won't be flushed down to inert for over a week. Meaning your plant only leaches itself for one week. I use the term leaching instead of flushing as flushing to most people is just feeding plain water and just feeding plain water does nothing to fade a plant , only when the medium is reset to inert and the plant has no food source and leaches it's nutrient reserves with it fade. Hope that helps

DJM

You'll find if you dothat initial volume flush that it can take as little as half the time for a plant to fade than if you just fed plain water with normal run off

DJM

Sometimes tapering ppms works well also but it can take a week longer at times, making a 21 day flush necessary . But I find if you can't fade in 2 weeks, chances are you have build up and or not eno ugh run off when fed plain water

jocat

Are you drip feeding/flushing, if so just keep running longer flush times, if your not I can tell you it's a lot easier to give more & more water to get the effect you want. I don't PH my flush water, I sometimes add drip clean for the first few days, I run collected rainwater, 100 Gal. per day, 2 Gal. gro bag, each gets 2 Gal run through pr 24 hrs. as many days as it takes to get fall colors. once your set up this way it's a snap. GWF's

Fuel

It's always hard to explain that the quality of a final flush is mainly drived by the way you feed your plants since day 1, in flowering stage.

By example, if you leafs looks like artificial plants and smell greasy ... you can flush one month it will change nothing. You just screwed your flowers a long time before the flush.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I have the same problem with most, not all, plants. I feed to the lighter side of things and don't use any boosters.

Ive been thinking about this and had decided to do something much like DJM is describing. Except I was thinking 1/2 strength with 25%+ runoff for the 1st week. Then for the last 2 weeks, plain water with 50% runoff at every watering.
Maybe it still wont be enough. Ill know in 4.5 weeks.

Amoeba

When you start flushing , sometime medium can have build up , so just because you start feeding plain water doesn't mean the mediums ppm levels will drop down to nothing day one of flush. Sometimes it can take a week of plain water to get the medium flushed of nutrients completely, so the plant is really only being " leached " of nutrients one of those two weeks. A plant can't leach nutrients from its nutrient reserves to fade until the medium I'd reset to inert. Depending on your feed levels x nutrients and the npk levels this can vary greatly. Instead of feeding plain water longer and loosing days of the ripining phase, which greatly effects yield, I would instead flush the medium with 1-2x the pots volume with plain water to flush most or all of the nutrients out. Then the following two weeks the plant will have no food source and will begin to canibolize the nutrient reserves in its leaves, causing the plant to "leach" it's self of nutrients and fade yellow. There is far more to take into consideration than just how long you give it plain water. A strongly fed plant with even slight build up won't be flushed down to inert for over a week. Meaning your plant only leaches itself for one week. I use the term leaching instead of flushing as flushing to most people is just feeding plain water and just feeding plain water does nothing to fade a plant , only when the medium is reset to inert and the plant has no food source and leaches it's nutrient reserves with it fade. Hope that helps

:tiphat:

EastCoast710

What's the the feeding schedule? Im doing a constant feeding til run off with no plain waterings inbetween.

If I give plain water at any point, I get yellowing pretty quickly.

Bout to try weaker nutes for a week then plain water for 2 weeks.

using canna coco a and b . usually 700-1000ppms on my POS TDS meter.. keeps everything green and from any problems from coming along in flower..

Z

Ziggaro

2 week flush won't yellow up my coco plants either but im not even sure that matters. I dont smoke the leaves and whatever is in the buds isn't gonna get flushed out. I start gradually lowering food around week 6 or 7 of 10 and make sure they yellow up nice. Even though I play the flush game to be safe, I feed as low as possible once flower starts and really doubt flushing is necessary. If u burn your plants in flower I personally don't believe you can fix the quality by flushing, either.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Has this made you consider switching from veg+bloom to another bloom nutrient? I flushed for 14 days without any signs
Of leaching from the plants

After reading DJMs post I starting flushing with more runoff at the start of the two weeks. Everything is yellowing up now. Just needed more runoff it seems.:tiphat: