You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > My Coco Quest: Coco Hempy 4x4

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
My Coco Quest: Coco Hempy 4x4 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-25-2016, 06:46 AM #1
justiceman

justiceman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to all
Coco Quest

EDIT: Instead of H3ad's recipe I decided this grow would be done with Veg+Bloom RO/Soft instead. It speaks to me as it is a 1 part powder. Even more simple than the 6/9 recipe. DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK QUESTIONS. Please! I love conversation and am more than willing to talk about every aspect of my grow.

Yo! It has been a while everyone. I took some time off from growing but my stash is running low so it's time to start up again!

I'm keeping this grow SIMPLE. No BS. No Magic. 3 years ago during my last grow(yes It's been that long) I remembered that I did an experiment
with an extra clone to try these crazy "6/9" and "Coco hempy" things i read about yet expected it to fail lmao that was dumb. Just 6/9 every
day for that lady and what do you know? She preformed beyond expectation!

After brushing up on my knowledge with H3ad's thread, Dalaihempy's thread, and DJM's thread recently I feel confident. Thanks for your knowledge.

So I'm ditching all the useless crap I used to use and I'm sticking to the basics. We are going COCO HEMPY with H3AD'S FORMULA(r/o water)

NURSERY:
4x2 Metal Rack(maybe a bit smaller)
(2)T8 on the top
(4)T5 on the bottom

4x4 TENT:
(1) 6" Blockbuster Hood
(1) Galaxy Select-a-watt 1000/600/400 digi balast
(1) 600w Ushio Opti-red HPS
(1) Active Air 400cfm inline fan
(1) Phresh Carbon filter
(2) 6" Clip Fans

Strains:
DNA Pure Afghan
Cali Connections Deadhead OG

Nutrients/Medium:
GH Micro
GH Bloom
Coconut Coir
Perlite

Just started germinating these seeds earlier. I'm not sure what to expect in terms of how many females I will get so I just
did 5 of each. Hoping I'll get 4 females out of all, but if I only get one guess I'll up the bucket size and try to grow a 4x4 tree

I'll be sure to keep posting as things progress.

Last edited by justiceman; 02-17-2017 at 10:30 AM..
justiceman is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:27 PM #2
BedroomFarmer

BedroomFarmer is on a distinguished road
In
BedroomFarmer is offline Quote

Old 11-26-2016, 03:51 AM #3
justiceman

justiceman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to all
Things are looking pretty good Not bad for being stored at room temperature for years! These are the Pure Afghani's. The Dead Head's just started to crack open so I'm expecting some taps from them tmw or the day after.

Last edited by justiceman; 12-21-2016 at 09:17 PM..

Old 11-26-2016, 08:40 PM #4
justiceman

Secret Jardin Webit 120

Just got a small upgrade for my 4x4. Never liked building a trellis or installing other types of plant supports but this thing is a breeze! Can't wait to see how well it works.

Last edited by justiceman; 12-21-2016 at 09:17 PM..

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:32 AM #5
justiceman

Day 1!

First one to rise above the coco is this little Pure Afghan

I moistened all the coco with half strength nutrient(3ml micro/4.5ml bloom per gal) phd to 5.8 to stabilize it. The seedlings will be watered with ph adjusted water for the first 7-12 days and then I'll start giving them half strength.

Last edited by justiceman; 12-21-2016 at 09:18 PM..

Old 11-28-2016, 10:05 PM #6
HatchBrew

Location: Chanting Atheist Hymns at my Pagan Totem...non-gov't subsidized.
HatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud of
Awesome. Doing coco hempy buckets for first time this winter run (dollar store 2.5 Gallon bucket). Flipped first round couple weeks ago. 45 days from seed.

Liking the ride so far. I ended up mixing a little perlite in with the coco for them prior to being in the hempy. When they're germing and vegging in 4" Square pots.
HatchBrew is offline Quote

Old 11-30-2016, 10:28 PM #7
justiceman

Right on Hatchbrew coco hempys are awesome and so simple. What kind of strain are you running?

Alright things are going smoothly for the most part for being 3 days since the first one broke the surface!
Just been giving them small squirts of R/O mixed with tap to .2EC phd to 5.8

One DeadHead seed did not make it though. Upon inspection it looked as if something had been eating the
tap root. Another may meet the same fate but shows some promise in recovery.

I might have to go with a different coco brand next time instead if the Roots Organics Coco palms so just
a heads up if anybody is looking into their coco! I also found out later that it has uncalcined lime mixed in(website)

Alright on to the photos

Here's a family picture 3 days after the first sprout! I actually have 6 Pure Afganhs(can't count) and I had 5 Dead
Heads but one met an early demise.

Here's the slow dead head. Just popped and is greening up a lot. We'll just see where this goes.

Here's one of the Pure Afghans

Last edited by justiceman; 12-21-2016 at 09:19 PM..

Old 11-30-2016, 11:38 PM #8
HatchBrew

Location: Chanting Atheist Hymns at my Pagan Totem...non-gov't subsidized.
HatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud of
Long list of winter hunting. HHAHA. Lots of things. started two trays of seeds so far. first round went into flower couple weeks ago, and have 42 seedlings vegging out waiting for their time in the sun.
HatchBrew is offline Quote

Old 12-01-2016, 01:34 AM #9
GastroGrower

GastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of light
Out of curiosity, why are you using the bloom nutrients for those seedlings?

Video Journals of my grows: GastroGrowers YouTube Channel
GastroGrower is offline Quote

Old 12-01-2016, 10:33 AM #10
justiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchBrew View Post
Long list of winter hunting. HHAHA. Lots of things. started two trays of seeds so far. first round went into flower couple weeks ago, and have 42 seedlings vegging out waiting for their time in the sun.
Nice haha that's gonna be some work! That will be heroic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GastroGrower View Post
Out of curiosity, why are you using the bloom nutrients for those seedlings?
Great question!
Short answer: The Micro and Bloom contain everything necessary for the veg and bloom cycle.

Long answer:
In my opinion after reading the "H3ad goes coco" thread(It's a sticky in the coco coir section) GH grow is completely unnecessary. By using the 6/9 ratio(6ml per gal micro/9ml per gal bloom) you achieve a very solid nutrient balance for growing in coco coir. It is a modified Lucas Formula.

By the way the plant picture in my original post was grown using this method. Coco Hempy with 6/9 all day baby!