What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tropical Seeds Red Afro

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings all, hope everyone is well. I just finished up a single seed from a 6 pack of Tropical Seeds Red Afro. Running the rest outside next year. Ran this one in a 1' x 2' x 5' clone tent using a Mars 300 Led Light.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mars-300W-L...132274?hash=item33873b24b2:g:M~QAAOSwmLlX4Rsp

Finished harvest weight was 3.65 oz, 80 days flowering, 35 days veg. The Red Afro could have easily flowered for another 2 weeks if not more. I grew her as a tester for this light and a small clone tent to see what results could be achieved. Next clone tent run with these lights will be a heavy yielder like my Chemdog keeper. The Red Afro is a very potent high, smell and taste. Smells and taste like oranges with honey sickles/hazy back ground. Very unforgettable cannabis. Here is the tent set up.

myFSmpH.jpg

kgDYCOt.jpg

s63N8ZP.jpg

Under near Scrogged in late flower.
I2TEOq1.jpg

Top Scrog late flower day 80.
bBck7Mm.jpg

Dr.King

Veteran
Here's what the Led light looks like when in use. Kinda odd and hard to get good pictures but no problem. Lots of Brown(40%)/orange(40%)/white(20%) hairs.

v5w5FjM.jpg

rozHG7a.jpg

mUHn6BY.jpg

Last edited:

Dr.King

Veteran
Dual layer screen packed and stacked with Red Afro on top of each other on both layers.

UQZD2VY.jpg

One of the main colas from the tent.

MDPZnp5.jpg

5 beautiful plates, 3.65 oz's of Red Afro.

7uMEWH9.jpg

Close up plate.

TFOhkVA.jpg

Few top colas close up.

xpxenAc.jpg

Last edited:
B

Baron Greenback

Nice work the good Dr. I'm waiting on an Old Congo now - be nice to see these outdoors as they might well be trees :)
Anywhere near smoke report?

Tangwena

Veteran
Best African buds i have seen in a long time, nice plant and nice growing as well.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
I just checked their web site its a hybrid with a Pakistani Kush that explains the denser buds, still a nice looking plant. Be interesting what the high/stone is like with the indica genes.
Tangwena

Dr.King

Veteran
Thanks everyone :). I do indeed have a good smoke report for all. Tangwena it is quite influenced by the PCK in this hybrid. The description of the one I finished is half of what it states.

"hit you up at first then leaves you to work and finish your tasks during the day"

I would say it's 80% Indica. 4 people smoke test, makes two of them sleepy if smoking to much. Other 2 can smoke all day without sleeping. Hard to say for sure on the smoking all day, some can some can't. However the smell is without question top three I have grown out of over 50 strains or so. Blue Og and Chemdog are the best thus far. One smelled like pure Blueberries and the other pure fuel. Red Afro smell has changed from orange to if one where to unroll a pack of life savers and you smell all the different fruits at once. Just one word comes to mind "Amazing".

Smoke Report:

# Trichome ripeness stage (%):
Clear [60]
Cloudy [40]
Amber [0]

# Bud colours:
(Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.)
Brown [5]
Green [4]
Orange [5]

# Bud density:(Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense.)
[7, above average bud density for only a 150 watts imo.]

# Bud smell:
(Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence.)

All I smell is a pure mixture of fresh fruits, aka pack of life savers.[9]

# Aroma: [10, In my opinion.]
(Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled bud for best results.)

# Seed content: [0]
(Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.)

# Weeks cured: [1]
(If known enter the number of weeks your sample has been cured.)

# Physical examination comments: Nice dense buds with a ton of trichs all over. Under the scoop trichs look like ice sickles hanging off.

# Smell: Overwhelming smell of a pack of life savers.

THE SMOKE TEST
(Address these questions while smoking.)

# What did you used to consume the sample?
(Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information below that will identify the instrument as follows
Bong 3-4 bowls = 10 hits in the morning. Vap in my Volcano, 2 changes for fresh cannabis = 4 XL bags.

# Taste while smoking:
(Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence.)

Mixture of fruits [9]
Hash/Kush [2]

# Taste: [10]
(Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.)

# State of dryness: [5]
(Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.)

# Smoke ability: [4, doesn't need to long to cure to taste good. However it's quite harsh and should calm down soon. Will update on this.]
(Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.)

# Smoke expansion: [7, Taste is a pleasure to smoke but it does make all 4 of us cough hoping curing helps.]
(Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.)

# Smoke test comments: This strain will get you really high and is potent for just being under a Mars 300 light.

FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS
(Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.)

# Dosage: [.3 gram each bowl maybe more. I enjoy chain smoking this strain and almost all strains. I can smoke this strain all day without going to sleep.]
(Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.)

# Effect onset: [1, instant hit to the entire body and mind which makes your body/legs feel like they are energized but froze and floating. After 30 mins the effects turn more into a Indica high but take another few hits and you're back to energized froze floating.]
(Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.)

# Sativa influence: [7, floaty and frozen.]
(Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.)

# Indica influence: [7, good for pain.]
(Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.)

# Potency [8]
(Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.)

# Duration [2hs.]
(Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.)

# Tolerance build up [3, hard to judge. Need to smoke more :).]
(Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.)

# Usability:
(Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day. Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.)

Morning - wake up [7]
Day - work [7]
Evening - relax [7]
Night - sleep [7]

# Overall satisfaction: [7, again hard to judge.]
(Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.)

# Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use? [Yes]

Final comments: A true keeper that will always make you smile when you are smelling her. Life savers for sure, I could sleep on a pillow of this. Intend to grow more of these out to see what varieties these genetics have to offer.

----- END OF SMOKE REPORT -----

Latest posts

Latest posts