What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new bugs

grthebigg

today i saw them, only on 3 or 4 leaves
what can i do?
image.jpg

M

metsäkana

bad_bugs.jpg

i think they are aphids i would go with natural pyrethrin spray and neem oil.. you can use organic peppermint, chamomille tea too..

i just got some white aphids need to battle too :D

Insecticidal Soap and Horticultural Oils
Insecticidal soap and horticultural oils can provide effective control if applied thoroughly. Oils work by smothering soft-bodied insects, and soaps kill these pests by removing their protective surface coating.

Get thorough coverage: Spray these materials with a high volume of water and target the undersides of leaves, coating the tops as well. More than one application may be needed.

Take caution: These materials will kill soft-bodied beneficial insects hit by the spray. Because they leave no toxic residue, they do not harm beneficial insects that migrate in after treatment.

Read the product label: Sprays may be damaging to some plants, so check the product label and test on a leaf before applying to the entire plant.

Avoid use during hot weather: Do not apply these treatments to water-stressed plants or when temperatures are high.

Low Toxicity Aphid-Control Pesticides
Type of Active Ingredient Representative Chemicals* Hazards Formulation Insecticidal Soap Salts of fatty acids (e.g., Potassium Laurate) Using insecticidal soap poses a low acute toxicity risk to humans, pets and wildlife. Pollinators and other beneficial insects are also unlikely to be affected by its application in your garden. However, do take care when using around ponds and waterways since insecticidal soaps are toxic to fish. Liquid concentrate, Spray Horticultural Oils Soybean oil
Canola oil
Mineral Oil (refined) Both petroleum and vegetable based products pose a low acute toxicity risk to people, pets, wildlife and bees. Be careful when applying near ponds and waterways—- horticultural oils are toxic to fish. Liquid concentrate, Spray Botanicals Azadirachtin
Abamectin
Capsicum oleoresin
Garlic
Limonene
Neem
Oil of rosemary
Oil of thyme
Oil of jojoba
Oil of wintergreen
Oleic acid
Peppermint oil
Phenylethyl propionate
Pyrethrins
Several naturally occurring substances are available in products sold for whitefly control, including garlic and capsicum (from pepper plants). Contamination of surfaces with these common components of foods is not hazardous, but inhalation of the spray or dust can be problematic. Be careful to limit your contact with essential oils, as they may cause irritation to the eyes and skin. Neem is a natural tree oil containing azadirachtin that is practically non-toxic to humans, pets, wildlife and plants. However, its use may harm beneficial insects present in your garden. Lastly, Pytherins have been proven to be highly toxic to bees making any insecticide containing them a pesticide concern. Emulsifiable Concentrate, Ready-To-Use Solution, Dust, Soluble Concentrate, Flowable Concentrate

Aphid-Control Pesticides of Concern

Type of Active Ingredient Representative Chemicals Hazards Formulation Organophosphates and N-Methyl Carbamates Acephate
Carbaryl
Malathion Organophosphates and carbamates are toxic to the nervous system, especially for children, and are highly toxic to humans at low concentrations. Also moderately toxic to birds and highly toxic to aquatic life, honey bees and other beneficial insects. Carbaryl is classified as a likely human carcinogen by the EPA. Liquid concentrate,
Spray, Dust Neonicotinoids Acetamiprid
Clothianidin
Dinotefuran
Imidacloprid
Thiacloprid
Sulfoxaflor
Flupyradifurone Neonicotinoids pose a moderate acute toxicity hazard to humans and are absorbed through the skin to some extent. Toxic to the nervous system, imidacloprid has also been shown to reduce sperm counts in laboratory animals with long-term exposure. Neonicotinoids are highly toxic to honey bees and aquatic organisms, and moderately toxic to birds. Liquid concentrate, Granular, Spray Pyrethroids Allethrin
Bifenthrin
Cyfluthrin
Cyhalothrin
Cypermethrin
Esfenvalerate
Fenpropathrin
Permethrin
Phenothrin
Prallethrin
Tau-fluvalinate
Tetramethrin US EPA has classified permethrin as a likely carcinogen, cypermethrin and bioallethrin as possible carcinogens and resmethrin as a probable carcinogen. These chemicals are toxic to the nervous system and pose moderate acute ingestion and inhalation toxicity risks to humans. They also may cause allergic reactions and asthma in some people. Be aware that they are highly toxic to aquatic invertebrates and bees. Most products containing pyrethroids also contain a synergist that increases the insecticidal activity of the pyrethroid. Typical synergists include piperonyl butoxide (PBO) and N-octyl bicycloheptene dicarboximide. US EPA considers both of these synergists possible carcinogens. Liquid concentrate, Spray, Dust Insect Growth Regulators (IGRs) (S)-Kinoprene
Methoprene Very low acute and longer-term toxicity to humans and pets. Take care if applying near fish tanks–IGRs are highly toxic to aquatic invertebrates. IGRs do not kill adult bees, but interfere with the growth and maturation of larval bees. Many IGR products also contain an insecticide, usually a pyrethroid. Liquid concentrate, Wettable Powder, Spray Microbials Beauvaria Bassiana
Paecilomyces
Metarhizium anisopliae
Chromobacterium Microbials have such minimal potential human health effects that there is no data available for them. However, Beauvaria bassiana and Chromobacterium are highly toxic to bees. Microorganisms are available in ready-to-use packets Anthranilic Diamides Clorantraniliprole
Cyantraniliprole
Flubendiamide No significant acute toxicity via the oral, dermal and inhalation routes of exposure for humans. However, both Clorantraniliprole and Cyantraniliprole are moderately to highly toxic to bees.
Keto-Enols Spiromesifen
Spirotetramat In general, these chemicals have low acute toxicity via the oral, dermal and inhalation routes of exposure. Both Spiromesifen and Spirotetramat have a low toxicity rating for adult bees but are highly toxic to bee larvae.
Spinosyns Spinosad
Spinetoram Spinosyns have low acute toxicity via the oral, dermal and inhalation routes of exposure. However, they are considered pesticides of concern due to their high toxicity to bees and other pollinators.

grthebigg

thanks @metsakana, they gathering only on 1 leave 98% 3 leavse 2%
. i dig these leaves and searched for other groups. but i could not find anymore, if in next few days see aphids use organic chamomille tea:)

M

metsäkana

you need to be quick with pests they multiply really fast i think best if you are still in veg is use that natural pyrethrin try to find it spray bottle with no pressure i dont know if your area sell NEUDORFF spruzit i use that brand.
it contains Colza oil too i think that oil with stick the pyrethrin bether to bugs and kill them more easily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIP2uyllm08

you should tomorrow buy it and spray when lights go dark... if you can't today

im not sure if chamomille will kill them but it can be usefull to battle soil disease and maybe some bugs.. i use it some times it smell good anyway and i dont see it hurting plants

best is to keep everything clean and soil not too compact so it dont hold water too much for pests to live in... but i know its not possible sometimes if you transfer like outdoor plant looking healty to indoors and it have some bugs.. or buy bulk soil and soil is full of eggs

Last edited:

MtnLivin

Good luck with aphids. I had to tear down a whole warehouse because of of them. Almost impossible to get rid of.

grthebigg

thank you guys
after fight with white fly, i dispersed all of them :))
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=334238
weather going to cold and i think this is bad news for bugs.
yesterday i tested some herbals on aphids and the best result for lavender and rosemary tea, because they have camphor, with chamomile tea,
peppers family are good, but change plant taste:)

M

metsäkana

yeah i killed my problem with aphid and fungus gnat with sprutzit and 100ml bottle of neem, still maybe 30ml left

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
if those are aphids, you need to release ladybugs into your room..

Aphids are their favorite food..