What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Micro Bubble Cloner (easiest thing to do!)

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
I couldn't believe how easy this was and I should have done it sooner. I realize their are other threads on this, but mine is micro, like my grows and took like 5 minutes and cost me $25.00.

The supplies: along with a 48 oz container and styrofoam

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
The tubing goes from the pump to the airstone, mine is a 5 inch airstone.
I used styrofoam because I wanted to get these cutting in there ASAP. I cut it to fit, made holes witha pencil and stuck them through.
May need a heater but since it's so small, maybe I wo'nt. It is all in my veg cab.

I had put those cuttings in vermiculite but they were not looking too good so I did this right quick. Maybe I can get them to snap out of it and root for me now.

Last edited:
G

You go girl!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I like how you just keep advancing right along with everything.
Soon, you'll be the expert everyone will be pestering, hehehehe!!! :wave:

Bh

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
I can't imagine that, coming to me for advice......hahahahahaha
But I am very excited how I've learned and made adjustments. Growing weed is so fun!

Why are you feeling dead sweetie?

G

pieceofmyheart said:
Why are you feeling dead sweetie?

It's because I'm a fossil........hehehe

Actually, if we could type our own word in there I'd make mine:
MOOD: fossilized

Bh

RuralRoute420

^

^

hey there pomh - i'll get in here with you if ya don't mind. same concept. just a few more with a lid really. i don't use the heater. but ya never know.

these were started on 08-10-06.
so just finished 2 days now.
swt#3
3 gallon tote
2- 10" bubble wands
7.5w heater(in case rez is too cold)
25wcfl
distilled water
rez temp - 80-81'F
good luck. rr420.

Last edited:

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Once they root, how do you remove them from the lid? I want to make a more permanent thing with my lid, but hadn't decided how to do it yet.

I kind hope I don't need a heater, the container is so small and I am running out of outlets too!

RuralRoute420

^

^

Once they root, how do you remove them from the lid?

well, i'm by myself when i make my holes this small, but whatever. everyone says they are too small to get the roots out without damaging. i split the bottoms of the clones when i take them which makes it even trickier, but somehow i get it to work. a lot of ppl make the holes a lot bigger, and put something around the clone, ie. pool noodles, foam pipewrap........

best temps for rooting are above 72'F

sproutco

Veteran
You inserted the cuttings into the styrofoam after you made a hole with a pencil. If they root, how do you plan on getting them out of there? You wont be able to pull it back through the hole. You could enlarge the holes for next time and make them an inch or two in diameter. People around here get pool noodles (lol) from somewhere like walmart and cut a piece of that to hold the cutting in the larger hole.http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/999306-05-27_4_.JPG

Last edited:

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
The styrofoam is a temporary lid. I wanted to get those cuttings in there quickly because they looked like they were dying. See how wilted they are? Just hoping I can bring them back, that would be nice.

So anyway, I'll cut the styrofoam and throw it away. I figured in the meantime I can work on something more permanent. Sponges or the pool noodle, I even have one of those in the garage.

Thanks dear

G

I have made a similar bubble cloner. Some things I have learned with them are keep water temp up to about 80 F, dip in rooting hormone, leave bubbler on 2 days straight then 15 minute every hour after that, clean throughly between runs, add a little Olivias rooting solution in w/ water or a little bloom nutes, don't spray unless you see wilting. Hope these tips help.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
ok i still dont understand when they root how do you get them out without damaging? will the roots just slide out since the way the grow is down and outwards? thats the only way i can see that happening.. i wanna do this. thanks for showing me

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
My styrofoam is temporary, I will cut it to get the roots out. I don't know how much pulling on the roots would damage them, but I would think you wouldn't want to stress them too much.

I am going to work on something else, there are other threads with cloners so i'll go look through those. I'll post what I end up doing but so far this has been too easy.

Oh and the pump is totally quiet, can't hear it at all.

RuralRoute420

you guys are babying your cuttings too much. i will have to make a post on how to pull a cutting through a hole. squeeze and pull. don't get me wrong though, if i had more room for bigger cloner, i would be using the foam or neoprene also.

Latest posts

Latest posts