What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Packaging for the post

Would a mylar bag heat sealed be enough?

Just say one didn't have a vacuum sealer.

Because I think mylar bags are smell proof.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO, hell no. Vacuum seal it or sweat the knock from the Man.

watts

ohms
Veteran
Mylar bags are very good and would most likely work fine if properly heat sealed. However, it's best to double vacuum bag and then put in a heat sealed mylar bag. When using mylar bags it's best to put several of those little packs of oxygen absorbers inside before sealing.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
don't pack the 'goods' in the Mylar/vacuum bag with the same stinky hands that packed the bag that going into the package.. smell transfers from your hands to the outside of the package and no matter what you put it in will have the tell tail smell on the outside of the package... I'll have my wife pack the vacuum bag, leave it on the table and I will vacuum seal it.. BTW, if we're talking an OZ or less, use plastic envelopes (after the above process) and tape the seal end, they don't rip, tear or break open... bigger packages youd have to worry more about..

Mylar bags are very good and would most likely work fine if properly heat sealed. However, it's best to double vacuum bag and then put in a heat sealed mylar bag. When using mylar bags it's best to put several of those little packs of oxygen absorbers inside before sealing.

I just have to send to a couple of friends.
As such I don't want to outlay on a vacuum sealer for a couple of bags, so I'm trying to do it cheaply.

There are two ways if can get snagged.
One is if the postal workers smell it, and the other is if they bring a sniffer dog into the mail centre, which as far as I know they don't do all the time, but occasionally they have an "operation" and check mail.

I think I can get it past the postal workers no worries, but I don't know if I can fool a sniffer dog, as I think to beat the dogs you would need multiple layers.

Anyway if they get snagged, it's my friends who will get the knock and talk not me :).

solofoe

Meanwhile I'm wishing I had friends and didn't have to wait til dec....

Does anyone else find this hobby a bit socially isolating?

Yes it has to be for security reasons.

Plus anyway if you let on you have weed then you are getting phone calls from "friends" who "thought they might just come over and hang out". (Ie. I want to come over and smoke your weed)

T

TreehouseJ

fdd15fc9a9cb15616e011a460f49f2c237d1ff771db79c1e7492726bf033d63f.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts