What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Losttribe : Zen and the Art of Growing

LostTribe

Premium user
First things first!

I started this new thread to get away from all the negativity from the bros grimm 420 thread. All are welcome here but it will be kept CLEAN and PLANT related....NO NEGATIVITY TOWARDS ME, BREEDER OR THE GROW WILL BE TOLERATED

BACKGROUND
I began growing nearly 20 years ago and was one of the firsts on Overgrow and CW to grow out the original Cinderella 99 from The Brothers Grimm. After the disappearance of the Bros I looked everywhere I could to get my beloved C99 back....I found her in Gypsies Gno3 back in 2003....I was young and nieve and crossed all except my keeper mom....she was lost following a break in and a hiatus from growing. In the years since I have tried many other offerings including Dutchgrown, Mosca F1, Mosca Bx1, Nuggetshiner and a lot of my own f3's from that very same gno3 stock which I still have about 12 seeds but they have not germinated successfully in over 6 years.

I have met with Mr. Soul from Brothers Grimm since the return to the breeding world. He is a good man and I consider him a friend. But this thread isn't about any of that.

This thread is about my continuing search for my GRAIL Cinderella 99 and I will stop at nothing until I have either recovered something reminiscent of that single plant or possibly die trying. For that I ask for your respect. So here we go....

I have 3 Cinderella 99 from Brothers Grimm in vegetative growth about to get transplanted. 2 will get flowered as soon as possible albeit with a bit more veg with a vertical 1k hortilux. They will be joined by reef's Airborne g13 and my own Headband.

Grow will be hydroton ebb drip feeding Botanicare Pure Blend line with some additives and cannazyme, RO water and a lot of love and patience.

I also have 7 other bg bros grimm seeds at about 7 days since pop that will wait for the smaller left out c99 to bloom following the completion of this grow.

Pics will be added once the grow is setup and running! I also have 5 Ace purple old-timer haze and a couple zamaldelica and a malawi going in organic soil that I may or may not add to this thread but only time will tell.

I hope that all will appreciate the time I have devoted to this strain and hope that there won't be any further aggressors stopping by to take away from the progression of these plants. Negativity breeds negativity, but Positivity breeds positivity.

Buddha is everywhere, in all things....

LT

LostTribe

Premium user
7 Cinderella 99 seeds from current Bros Grimm release were up potted to bigger cups today and will soon be placed under better lighting. Currently under 23w cfl blue spectrum at about 10 days now I think....from sprouting.

I worked on set up for the big ones but didnt have time to finish up.....I just moved to a new place so I have to get everything ready to go but shouldnt be long have to dig out my RO filter and start making water to get ready then everything else ought to fall into place.

I have a broken porcelain insulator on one of my light sockets but was able to locate my older one but may have to swap out the line sets depending on the ballast connectors....I got most of this setup from soquick off the icmag is boring as shit thread but modified it to 5 gallon hydroton buckets with drip rings and on more of an ebb flow timing. I started going vertical after seeing so many huge trees on Urban Grower at the tube its all Remo go check out the 50 plant flip they do all vertical in huge 60 gallon brute trash containers on rollers with sunshine mix #4....I use hydro for ease.....the new seedlings are however in organic soil that I amended my self starting with peat moss, EWC and perlite 70/15/15 mix plus beneficial bacteria, mexican N bat guano, Indonesian P guano, a bit of feather meal, poultry manure and lime for ph. Actually they are just in the peat at this point but I mixed this for my hazes so its ready to go just has high N than the haze mix.

FireIn.TheSky

I know what it's like to have that one plant that got away. Almost and identical thing happened with a very special haze I had almost 10 years ago. Obsession, it's on my mind every day. I have grown many trying to find it again but it was a one of a kind, I haven't seen anything like it since.

I imagine when you do find it again it will be the best thing ever.

LostTribe

Premium user
Update on the Positive Vibrations!

Well sorta pissed off today as my Headband started looking like shit after I raised the water level in my DWC array so I am now left with the airborne g13, 2 decent sized C99 and 1 medium sized False Teeth (candy land v2 x grandpa's breath)unsexed and the runt C99 for 4 spots. I do 4 5gallon hydroton ebb drip buckets....right now its a toss up between all 3 C99 or throw in the False Teeth and hope its a She! I kinda want to try the False Teeth and the Runt c99 but the medium c99 out of the 3 looks similar and is easier growing. It will come down to a gut check I suppose at the final minute maybe tomorrow. Just want to get something going good thing I have a few of my newer Headband F3's I just started looking very nice and sort of bulky with fat leaf blades so those will get selected out and I will bloom atleast 1 of those soon too probably right behind these as I am down to about an 1/8th of the Hband!!! Sucks trying to ration it out so I am packing way smaller B O dubs and burning it all the way thru....think my camera battery is shot after trying to charge so I will update with pics eventually but dont have a way to right now.

LostTribe

Premium user
Rolled the dice Friday and put the runt in with the middle sized one.

The bigger one has alternating nodes which has lead to grapefruit turds in the past so hope I am correct on my selection. Gonna be a while till I bloom though as the runt is small so now at 3 days under 1k hps in 18/6.

LostTribe

Premium user
well the bros G thread is back up so I am heading back over there for the time being but if crank wankers show back up I will revert here....

Latest posts

Latest posts