What's new

Net for ScrOG'g question

Mr. Miyagi

Hey all... been a minute since I've grown... I'm getting back into the swing of things, but also want to do some new things...

For 1 I will be doing a full scrog for the first time, I'm used to using a screen for vert... this is a first for me... I've seen quite a few scrogs done, I've never seen some thing explained... maybe it's just me, but search isn't working to hot for me lol.

I digress. Is there a standard or a guideline for the height the screen/net is placed above the pots for a proper scrog?

I've seen the screens all over the place with scrogs..

I'm about to start sexing soon, and am looking to take cuts, and then put these under the screen for flower. This is my first time running the majority of these strains so I will be learning them as I go. I'm not sure the amount of stretch these will have, but if their veg pattern is any indication, they won't get that tall at all...

Just want to maximize my screen, but also am not trying to be vegging for the next year lol. So was just wondering if there is a guideline for the net...
attachment.php

I'll be using this as my flower room... I'll be using either 6 or 7 trays though instead of 8.

Thanks in advance!:tiphat:

oldbean

I don't think there is a standard height for the net in a scrog but you want to have enough room to water & tidy up under the net ideally and that's all depending on the strain you're running really.

Don't listen to me, I've never done a scrog somi will shut up and eat some popcorn while a more knowledgeable person comes along:tiphat:

Slipnot

screen height is set where you want it to be as for string its best to use nylon string stay away from plastic netting as bud do tend to grow in them which becomes a prick when harvesting with strings all you need to do is cut strings pull them out of buds if there joined and drop table to floor then your on plant able to trim nicely

Hope this helps

Mr. Miyagi

I used 4inch trellis in my verts and stadium... and was going to for scrog, but 4inch holes is entirely to big... i've seen so many set ups with the net just haphazardly thrown across the plants...

I planned to use some excess 1inch plastic netting... and put it about 6inches above the top of the smart pots.. what you think about that? I plan to actually USE the netting for support of the bud sites... I plan to use net for separation and support and strip everything underneath....assuming it works out the way I want.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I used 4inch trellis in my verts and stadium... and was going to for scrog, but 4inch holes is entirely to big... i've seen so many set ups with the net just haphazardly thrown across the plants...

I planned to use some excess 1inch plastic netting... and put it about 6inches above the top of the smart pots.. what you think about that? I plan to actually USE the netting for support of the bud sites... I plan to use net for separation and support and strip everything underneath....assuming it works out the way I want.
Miygagi, you can use whatever size screen you wish but IMO, 1" is too small.. you wont be able to tuck any new growth under/thru 1 inch hole w/o mangling the tuckee.. 4" kinda is the norm.. height depends on your strain/lighting and height restrictions....:tiphat: ihave and will again, build a frame of 1/2"sq wood stock, nailed and drilled 4" apart around all 4 sides and string it with weedeater trimmer line : http://www.homedepot.com/p/ECHO-Cro...remium-Nylon-Trimmer-Line-311095063/100328751 I like the diameter of this one.. string it thru, one continuous piece and at harvest cut, pull, discard.. EDIT: I guess 3/4"-1" pvc would work too..

Mr. Miyagi

Ya.. I was thinking of that, and I thought about making the squares 2"... if this net works the way I want it too, it will be a place holder for the canopy.. and not necessarily used to train... well, at least not for bending and tucking. I would try to do all the training UNDER the screen not through it, that way once stretching is done, only colas would be sticking through the net....

Huhh..or am I dreaming? I'm currently running Chocolate Trips, and reportedly the height maxes at under 40" if flowered at 16.

Lol...my head is starting to hurt now...I'm always over thinking things, trying to maximize, make it more streamlined or better....

Slipnot

You have to decide what your main goal is ???? just some support to hold the buds or a table that you train your plants to
what is the real reason for a scrog ??
TMU understanding its a table where you train low plant numbers and the goal to produce as much bud sites as possible if your looking just to throw some netting on a plant i suggest use bamboo sticks cause really that is all your doing seriously

I was once told if your going to do something, anything . What ever you do don't screw around do it right the first time you will be rewarded graciously ..
As for net square it all depends on the strain you growing OG sized nugs or Critical mass sized buds,
And most importantly know if plants can be trained many strains do well training while others do not , know how the plant stretches

But at the end of the day its having as many bud sites in a even canopy around a light source not some loose netting

Attachments

• 9 weeks  432 watts  T5 ho.jpg
    9 weeks 432 watts T5 ho.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 9 week  buds.jpg
    9 week buds.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 20

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Just to throw this out there, a PVC frame with eye hooks screwed in the top every 2". Then I use nylon mason line to weave the screen. Come harvest time, it's easy to cut the string and remove the screen.

Slipnot

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65149&pictureid=1625315&thumb=0]View Image[/url]
Just to throw this out there, a PVC frame with eye hooks screwed in the top every 2". Then I use nylon mason line to weave the screen. Come harvest time, it's easy to cut the string and remove the screen.

exactly simple tight screen way it should be not some loose netting
good job on the corners a simple eye hook and hang table easy to adjust or make it a a adustable table with bigger PVC legs and smaller pvc going into it with drilled slots and bolts or anything to hold it at 1 - 2 inch intervals :tiphat:

MicroRoy

I have been eyeballing an old laundry hamper.

Its ridged with some flex. It would net two screens 10×21 and two 5×21.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65149&pictureid=1625315" target="_blank">View Image
there you go.. cut the string.. gone..

Mr. Miyagi

hmmm...

this is what i'm looking to achieve, but with higher plant number... i'd be looking at 36 plants in a 4 x 6 area basically....

I'm thinking of using the screen mainly for support of the colas. I will probably top 1 or 2 either b4 or right after putting them in under the screen. I want to screen to help with uniformity of the canopy. Alas I know I need to run preferably the same strain throughout to achieve this...which for the most part it will be, if not so... just not same mom.

I've used bamboo in the past for verts and stadium with the addition of netting (big heavy bitches) but figured the screen would help me achieve my goal better. The above pic is what I'm looking for... but at harvest time, cut right at the screen or below for each plant, lift up screen housing, remove pots, repeat...

attachment.php

Mr. Miyagi

this is what I'm looking to achieve, but with multiple plants not just 1. BUT lower plant numbers wouldn't hurt, that way I can grow more than 1 strain at a time... I'm just not looking to veg for 4-5 weeks to achieve this.

Next run would be with straight clones, top, veg, screen, flip. Well hell, this run will but clones too possibly, but a learning curve, new method of grow with a new strain.:tiphat:

Attachments

• Amnesia haze scrog screen of green.jpg
    Amnesia haze scrog screen of green.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Latest posts