What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Practioner help...

So just trying to read through all this legal jargon bullshit with the release this morning...

It says you need to have documentation from a health practioner in order to apply. Obviously. But what if you have only gone through a compassion club or dispensary?

I went in to Starbuds in Kelowna to get a card. More or less to see what sort of products they were offering... had to do a skype call with a "doctor" to get the card. Now is that all bullshit? Does that even count for anything if i want to submit an application to grow my own meds? Do i have to actually find a doctor locally who will sign off of some sort of more lilegitimate paperwork?

Any advice is great.

Thanks

Side note the people at Starbuds seemed completely clueless. I told the doc i was smoking 8 joints a day yet they couldnt even tell me how much i could have or buy. More or less just a grey-area cash cow setup

corky1968

Veteran
That form stuff pisses me off. Not having a doctor doesn't help much.
Maybe, I should start forging signatures. LOLZ

BTW: I know could get a .338 Lapua Magnum rifle easier than I can get this paperwork shit sorted out.

http://mcrci.com will help set you up with a doctor. I was able to meet with a doctor within a week of filling out my application form.

What was the fee attached to their service? I nearly slammed my own dick in the door for voluntatily paying 13 a gram at starduds yesterday. I have to get on the legit train asap. Im sure the paperwork will still be a year long bullshit wait anywho..

Once again, thanks for the info bro.

-itt

diffusing

hey, try these guys
http://naturalhealthservices.ca/contact/

apparently they have a location in kelowna and don't charge any fees.

I called them the other day to verify the kelowna location but was on hold for so long i hung up..

worth checking out.

mcrci or whatever used to charge 400$ or something.. dont know what it is now..

peace

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
my wife asked her doctor the other day if he will sign the paperwork for her to get her acmpr . He said he didn't want to get involved but could refer her. So she called the referral # and it's a doctor in Kamloops that charges FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!
I called my wifes doctor's office yesterday and left a message that he better get ready to have a talk with my lawyer if he plans on denying my wife medicine that is now approved by Health Canada. Can't wait to see what he has to say when he is back in the office next week. LOL

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
my wife asked her doctor the other day if he will sign the paperwork for her to get her acmpr . He said he didn't want to get involved but could refer her. So she called the referral # and it's a doctor in Kamloops that charges FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!
I called my wifes doctor's office yesterday and left a message that he better get ready to have a talk with my lawyer if he plans on denying my wife medicine that is now approved by Health Canada. Can't wait to see what he has to say when he is back in the office next week. LOL

$500
that is a total scam
i wonder if your wifes dr was also getting a kickback for the referal

but this brings up an interesting thought about the legalities/ risks of prescribing MJ as medicine

i would not even think of asking my primary for a recommendation
i went through one of those dr's you see advertised in the back of the local free papers
he is a real dr but man this guy was a trip
he seemed very greasy and his medical consultation was nothing more than a charade
but he was willing to sign the rec

it seems most "real" dr are just not willing to get involved with weed as far as ligit medicine goes
how long will it take for that to change?

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
$500
that is a total scam
i wonder if your wifes dr was also getting a kickback for the referal

but this brings up an interesting thought about the legalities/ risks of prescribing MJ as medicine

i would not even think of asking my primary for a recommendation
i went through one of those dr's you see advertised in the back of the local free papers
he is a real dr but man this guy was a trip
he seemed very greasy and his medical consultation was nothing more than a charade
but he was willing to sign the rec

it seems most "real" dr are just not willing to get involved with weed as far as ligit medicine goes
how long will it take for that to change?

when people start sitting their doctors down and getting it thru their thick skulls that the doctor, as soon as he signs you on as a patient, works for you. Your taxes pay for his kids new shoes and college funds, probably his wife's fake tits too.
So if health Canada has recognized and is providing access to marijuana as medicine, your doctors personal feelings mean fuck all. People need to start putting their doctors on the spot and not taking no for an answer.
I have a lawyer fund I was saving in case the laws changed and they pulled my paperwork for my grow. Now that we are good to go again, I'll gladly spend it on a lawyer to force my doctor's hand if need be. We will not be denied and I ain't paying no doctor 100's of dollars for access to weed when no such fee exists for a prescription for the other drugs he happily prescribes.

we need to collectively force the change.

corky1968

Veteran
Do Doctors charge a grease my hand fund when they prescribe other medications?

This is extortion.

Have they forgot their Hippocratic Oath?

Hippocratic Oath

I think some Doctors are Hippocrites though.

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
when I got my med grow papers, it was 500bux down in Chilliwack BC. Good for 10 years and 78 plants which is what I asked for. I showed up with a business card a friend gave me, no referral. I also showed up with at the time, 12 years of my medical files pertaining to my workplace injuries. I was asked about my consumption and what I used weed for. I was asked whether I smoked it or ate it but none of this had a bearing on my plant count. It was pretty much a swish shot and I haven't really looked back ever since. I was never contacted during "the raids" and never got any letters about the injunction. At least now there is some rules in place and the LEO will know how to conduct themselves going forward.

Wife is going in next week to see the doctor, and I'm gonna look into seeing if I can't maybe rent my barn out to a medical patient I know ;)

Highcountry

What was the fee attached to their service? I nearly slammed my own dick in the door for voluntatily paying 13 a gram at starduds yesterday. I have to get on the legit train asap. Im sure the paperwork will still be a year long bullshit wait anywho..

Once again, thanks for the info bro.

-itt

Hey buddy, I paid $315 and met with a doctor in Kamloops. Starbuds, from what I've seen sucks. I haven't been in one my self but a friend stops in there every once in a while to see what they have. Nothing special that's for sure. Vernon has a great dispencery. Can't remember what it's called. Herbal health center I think?

Hey buddy, I paid $315 and met with a doctor in Kamloops. Starbuds, from what I've seen sucks. I haven't been in one my self but a friend stops in there every once in a while to see what they have. Nothing special that's for sure. Vernon has a great dispencery. Can't remember what it's called. Herbal health center I think?

Honestly brother, I don't usually "throw in the towel" so to speak, but I'm more than happy to fork over $315 just to get this shit over and done with... Especially too get the ball rolling to be able to grow our own in peace. Thanks again for the suggestion, we are going to give them a try this week..

Starbuds is an absolute joke. I found out some good info when I called their main number the other day... Turns out it wasn't a doctor over skype I talked to but a "health practioner". You might as well order from a HC designated source and cut out the middle man and his fees because its all the same weed.

Long, long story short with them is that if you dont give AF about the bigger picture, and just want to be able to walk into a storefront, pay outragous prices and (for the most part) be sold a product by some kid who doesn't know shit about fuck then Starbuds is your place.

Also there is allot of people I've seen walking out of that place with a grey paper bag like its a pharmacy or something. They are very proud to show the world they just bought something in a dispensary. Hey if you have an actual MMAR card then giver... However, for the other 3/4 of the crowd, they make it seem like your laminated crackerjack box Starbuds card is a get out of jail free card. It isn't.

Every effin time I go in the first thing they ask is "Bro... tried shatter???" Trying to push that shit like crack. There is no love in the money game yet they really think they are saving the world one $13 gram at a time. Is it convenient? Hell yeah. Ill give them that. But it does come at a cost.

Sorry Mods, hope I didnt break any rules saying that but its the truth and people are being SEVERELY misinformed.

blastfrompast

Veteran
To put things in perspective, i paid 250 for 2 sets of insurance papers to be filled out by my Dr for a non-med mj related matter....

So charging for paperwork isn't new, but 5X the going rate is a bit much....

Course a Dr. locally here had his ability to write any narcotic type SCRIPTS at all from the college for writing MJ scripts like candy if you can believe the growshop gossip lol....

Yeah i fully get the whole charging for paperwork... Hell I remember paying over $100 in Grande Prairie to get a Dr.'s note for work. 2 hour wait, 30 second visit, and $100 please.

It's just bullshit when you have to go out of your way, jump through hoops of fire, and then fork over the cash at the end.

If it was a matter of walking into ANY doctors office, regardless of their viewpoint on things and there being a flat, across the board fee for any and all, then fuck yeah... Paying with cash please.

Sad state of affairs when a person can get Oxy's (in hand), easier than a simple permission slip to smoke jane.

Reminds me of the bullshit hall pass from elementary school. Fucking authority.

catalyte

Veteran
seems like this doctor signature in the ACMPR is a major bottle-neck.

I haven't tried to get a Dr. to sign for myself yet, but have heard alot of other people are getting turned down by the Dr.s that signed for their MMPR.....

http://mcrci.com will help set you up with a doctor. I was able to meet with a doctor within a week of filling out my application form.

Just looked at these guys FAQ and it brings me back to a question I asked prior but I don't believe I ever got an answer to...

If I am renting do I have to notify the landlord?

This mcrci.com place seems legit, but under their ACMPR checklist it asks you to confirm that:

"I am the sole-owner of the property deemed the production site, or have written permission from the sole-owner."

I know people were going over the new regs with a fine tooth comb so do I honestly have to have approval from the landlord I intend to rent from??

-itt

greenhaus1927

Just looked at these guys FAQ and it brings me back to a question I asked prior but I don't believe I ever got an answer to...

If I am renting do I have to notify the landlord?

This mcrci.com place seems legit, but under their ACMPR checklist it asks you to confirm that:

"I am the sole-owner of the property deemed the production site, or have written permission from the sole-owner."

I know people were going over the new regs with a fine tooth comb so do I honestly have to have approval from the landlord I intend to rent from??

-itt

Don't quote me but I was told if you are renting and it is your primary address, you don't need to have written permission from your landlord.

Don't quote me but I was told if you are renting and it is your primary address, you don't need to have written permission from your landlord.

Yeah I just read that they clarified that you don't have to notify the landlord. Came after that big shit show in the lower mainland where there was $100k + damages resulting from a legal grow.