What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best jars for curing?

M

meowmeowmeow

What he said and you can re-use them.
You can buy all the shit at your local Wal Mart or craft store.
$4 for new lids.....really the only thing that retains scent.

tegla-quattro-stagioni-1000-ml-sa-poklopcem-365160-76-99.jpg

this is the best ican get and it doesnt look that goodas US mason jars? that or airtight with vacum

justanotherbozo

Veteran
View Image

this is the best ican get and it doesnt look that goodas US mason jars? that or airtight with vacum
this looks like it would be fine, can you post a link to your source?

...also, you should look for food preservation as that is what mason jars are made for and i have to assume that they do canning on your side of the pond too. ...look for lids that come in 2 parts, a flat 'lid' that sits on top of the jar and then a ring that screws down on top and seals the flat lid tight.

...another option would be CVaults, they are a bit pricey but otherwise an excellant product.

peace, bozo

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Europe only sells two types of airtight jars..?

That is unlikely. Use Google.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
any jar will do, as long as you can close it

i cured in plastic ice cream buckets, whateverrrr

yeah, it's not that simple grasshopper, if the jar doesn't seal then the weed drys out.

...search for user 'simon' and then read his thread on curing your bud, it is well worth your time.

peace, bozo

this looks like it would be fine, can you post a link to your source?

...also, you should look for food preservation as that is what mason jars are made for and i have to assume that they do canning on your side of the pond too. ...look for lids that come in 2 parts, a flat 'lid' that sits on top of the jar and then a ring that screws down on top and seals the flat lid tight.

...another option would be CVaults, they are a bit pricey but otherwise an excellant product.

peace, bozo

http://shop.bormiolirocco.com/vaso-quattro-stagioni-con-capsula-1000ml-3-pezzi.html

atk7

this may be true but....

this may be true but....

its a plant, it really is that simple.. hell you dont even need a jar!

Huffnpuff, Yes you can just dry it out and smoke it. but if you want the best flavor and pleasant smokability and to be able to store some for future enjoyment. Taking a little time and effort to do it right makes your efforts to grow it worth while. There is a reason a cook earns less than a chef. :biggrin:

I use the perfect cure method as well. But instead of using mason jars for the cure I use a clear zip lock tote. It has a air tight weather seal and locks for the lid. That way I only need 1 gauge instead of 10. When the humidity gets too high I take the lid off for a lil bit till the humidity is back in the cure zone. When the humidity settles around 55% and doesn't raise higher I seal them in mason jars.

I use the perfect cure method as well. But instead of using mason jars for the cure I use a clear zip lock tote. It has a air tight weather seal and locks for the lid. That way I only need 1 gauge instead of 10. When the humidity gets too high I take the lid off for a lil bit till the humidity is back in the cure zone. When the humidity settles around 55% and doesn't raise higher I seal them in mason jars.

149230.jpg

something like this for curing and then masons for long storige?

Latest posts

Latest posts