What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help mites

Hey I come here out of desperation. I have used this site for years but never posted much of anything. I have always got a lot of good information. I have been growing successfully for 8 years and for the last year straight I have been battling spider mites. I have gotten rid of plants for a while and got new plants but they came back. I bleached the room and steamed it along with disenfectant. I have used dynaneem,nuke em, azamax, greenclean,forbid, floramite,avid, sns209,217, insecticidal soap, spinosad, ultimate wash, dr doom, NHSPS, predatory mites and ladybugs, organicide. I have probably used more but you get the point. So now I'm wondering specifically if I can get help from all of you growers to identify the type of mite by the damage to the leaf and maybe that will help rid of it. I have looked for mites under different plants leafs for a year but I can never seem to find the mites just the eggs. Many times I will get the egg numbers nearly extinct but to only see them return a few weeks later. I keep my temps below 78 and I spray or fog every 3 days rotating miticides and using a good oscilitating fan on them. I just keep seeing stunted growth and negrosis/molted leaves and brown/bronze bite marks. Leaves can twist a lot and claw down. I feed mainly compost teas and occasionally GO mites at 1/4-1/2 strength. I can provide photos . Thank you

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
deadhead77, Planetnatural.com has ladybugs. You get 2,000 or 2,500 for $24.00 I have used this company several times. Their products are great and arrive live and healthy. They are some mite eating little machines. I had a small mite issue a month ago. Within 3 days the mites were gone. Most of the lady bugs left the area. Several have stayed and continue to clean the plants of any pests. My grow is very healthy and happy now. I hope you can save your grow. Peace

BubbaBear

If you cant see them its probably broad mites, get a magnifying glass. If you have a long term mite problem the best thing you can do is take a break so you can clean your whole room really good, your whole room is probably infested not just your plants. I grow a perpetual and had atleast some mites for years and tried everything under the sun. For me what finally made them go away was using a silicic acid product long term from the time there babies till there done flowering. Supposedly it makes the cell walls so stong mites break there jaws trying to bite your plants, mind you l was told this by a Aptus rep, but using PowerSi was the only thing that changed that made them go away after having them for years. To get you thru a harvest on flowering plants I like recommending a Pyrethrum TR bomb then using EZ Wet SC to rinse off the dead mites and kill eggs. Repeat that two or even three times if its a really bad infest, then a final rinse with clean water, preferably ozonated.

Bubbabear great info, that's what I'm thinking they are broad mites. I believe I have read most miticides won't work well on them which would make sense. I ordered caps foliar pack, I read that works well for broad mites. I'll definitely look into the products you listed and I appreciate your advise.

Anyone know of any good books or sites where they go into detail about pests, identifing and and eradicating them? There is a lot of mis information and nothing that I can find that shows me how to identify one type of mite over another( by type of leaf damage, plant behavior, and egg shape/color/size) . I notice sometimes people can breeze by explaining it like it isn't a difficult thing to eradicate or understand. Kinda frustrates me more

Hm. I also have a question about using avid,floramite, forbid. That is currently what I have landed on and I have only sprayed each one one time , 3- 5 days apart. I notice my leaves looking really burned looking(brownish color), with rough/bumpy like leaves in some parts and twisty growth with a lot of leaf tips clawing and rolling up, also like 3 small holes on different leaves that are like 5-6 mm round. I have never seen that before. Do these miticides burn plants and harm plants like that? It's hard for me to tell right now if it's the mites or the Miticide that is affecting the plants so poorly. I do believe these miticides are strong so it's hard to believe the mites are damaging the leaves this much with them being on the plant . I do spray when the lights go out too. Ultimate wash seemed to do better then these

eebbnflow

To my knowledge . Floramite and forbid are most recommended for mites , and forbid recommend for broad mites . There's also another I've herd of called pylon . Did you read that other thread where you posted ? Tricombs that look like eggs? Seems to be often we think we have eggs I myself thought the samething . Do you have pics , ppl can help you better

MrBungle

If you are using all those products on your plants and still have mites.... Then there is a problem with your method of application.... I alternate between Spinosad/wetting agent and azatrol... usually 1-2 applications knocks the mites down to controllable levels

Dutch Aln

Hey Deadhead77,check out the Hydrogen Peroxide post a few threads down.
Aimed at spidermites,but may help,never know...
Failing that check out your local pet shop for anti mite products for pigeons of all things.
UK growers use Harkers Harkermectin as a good anti mite preventative.But i suppose any product with Mectin in it would be worth a shot.As a last ditch attempt.
All the best.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I mean it's possible I'm not applying them correctly the only thing I can think of is with avid forbid floramite I haven't been using a sticking agent. Only other thing I can think to relate what I'm seeing is wind burn here but my fan isn't that strong just a 16" hurricane

zizration

wettable sulfur.

rosemary oil-- 2 ml/l
cinnamon LEAF oil-- .5-1 ml/l
dr bronners peppermint soap 2-3 ml/litre
shot of dish soap.
spray and spray and spray.

neem oil and canola oil combo. search yer own mixture. the shit can be rough.

i did 3 applications spaced out over 8 days. i believe the neem goes systemic.

between each neem treatment spray straight water.. i did not do this and fried the shit out of my plants. once they bounced back tho things have been...

*knocking on wood** pretty good.

My last hope right now is caps foliar pack that I just got . I have probably spent more than I'll get back bud wise just getting this crop to where it is and that's not far, so just kinda on my last hope here. Maybe those photos will help and a fantastic grower out there can Help safe my sanity lol and harvest. Joking but I take this very seriously

Thanks zizration but there completely tolerant to Rosemary from 209 and 217 and neem stops working within the first 2 weeks

Eebbnflow- I don't know why but the second part of your post annoys me. Yes dude I read the thread I posted in about broad mites. And no they are not tricromes, it insults me because I would have loved to even get to the point of flowering but for a year now I can't even get plants to that stage until now and it has taken a lot of money and effort. I thought of myself as a good grower but damn these bugs are kicking my ass. I got the most awesome plant in front of me with great equipment and I can't make a harvest to save my life 😞

Latest posts

Latest posts