What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where to live???

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Iwas just at a thread where Tudo, has a delema: where to go to live in a MMJ legal state.. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=331327.. where to go?

I too look for a new, nice place to live where I can 'do my thing' and not worry bout the law. Narrowing down the state is hard enough but where to go in that state is more involved..

I've found area vibes: http://www.areavibes.com/
I like where I live now, so I use my town as the clip level to measure cities within the states that have kind MMJ laws.
Hope someone else finds it useful. :tiphat:

Popice

Ive realized I kinda want land. but i love living in cities, crowds and highrises. but i dont like city rent, want to actually own something before i just inherit or take over family land. other than that i think its mainly the people around me that drive any want. but ive become a hermit, so besides one friend i got to move to the denver area, my friends are in other countries, doing their own thing, or have families which isnt really my thing. Before all this legalization, well still now as well, i just never cared too much about the law. but damn id love to grow outside and not worry. somebody needs to find one of those abandoned towns to fix the houses up, ground up, and maybe itll have a big factory or 3 available. a tourist, tech and cannabis economy. or i just need a place thats like a bar but allows smoking inside and out.

igrowone

Veteran
i'll tag onto this, it's a good topic
personally, not planning on moving, but it's like jail
it may not be planned but you may have to deal with it
so no harm in keeping track of you choices
another good site is citydata, lots of stories there

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Subbed.

Gotta leave America's wang as well, just too much shit that's not right going on around here. State corruption is at an all time high, county sheriffs jockeying for air time and trying to become celebrities instead of intelligently enforcing the law, and there are no decent jobs despite Governor Bald Headed Dildo's million jobs initiative.

I look forward to everyone's intelligent and well considered thoughts on this subject.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Subbed.

Gotta leave America's wang as well, just too much shit that's not right going on around here. State corruption is at an all time high, county sheriffs jockeying for air time and trying to become celebrities instead of intelligently enforcing the law, and there are no decent jobs despite Governor Bald Headed Dildo's million jobs initiative.

I look forward to everyone's intelligent and well considered thoughts on this subject.

Where would you move outside of the US? I don't agree with American politics, but I haven't thought about actually leaving.

Where would you move outside of the US? I don't agree with American politics, but I haven't thought about actually leaving.
pretty sure hes talking about florida dude another thing to soon consider is the upcoming votes on mmj and full legal coming this fall....this could provide more options

Dawn Patrol

Veteran

Not realistic for me but in order Chile, Uruguay or Spain even though I speak no spanish :biggrin:

pretty sure hes talking about florida dude another thing to soon consider is the upcoming votes on mmj and full legal coming this fall....this could provide more options

More realistically I'm thinking about NC, then Colorado then Wahington or Oregon.

Complicating matters are that most of my extended family is on the east coast, my wife thinks 65 degrees is freezing and I haven't experienced a proper winter since I've been a grown ass man.

Texas seems attractive until you look at it politically and then just fuck that place - makes FL seems somewhat normal.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Canada, Spain, Portugal, New Zealand, Oregon, and other exotic far away places...:) hell, Asheville NC or Abingdon VA is exotic compared to here....:biggrin:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the wife getting grandkids finally has blown my plans on moving out the window ! but as much as I bitch about NY , its still pretty mellow when it comes to MJ laws . possesion of anything under a an once is only a possesion ticket & a fine . friends that have been busted growing have only gotten probation , no real jail time . so if i can convince her , i'm going to find a house & some land out in the country & get out of the Burbs .

Dawn Patrol

Veteran
so if i can convince her , i'm going to find a house & some land out in the country & get out of the Burbs .

See that's the problem down here in FL - you get in a rural area and everybody is all up in your shit cause they want to be "neighborly" (they're just nosy) and rural LEO and the judiciary are usually complete assholes about cannabis cause they've made a living busting balls over weed for all their lives.

I'll not be surprised if medical passes this November and these backwoods jerkweed sheriffs (yes I'm talking about you Grady Judd) keep busting people anyway.

This is such an awesome latitude to grow, but I don't know what I'll do when I lose my current spot. Guess I'll go indoors for good until I get the hell out of here.....

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
the wife getting grandkids finally has blown my plans on moving out the window ! but as much as I bitch about NY , its still pretty mellow when it comes to MJ laws . possesion of anything under a an once is only a possesion ticket & a fine . friends that have been busted growing have only gotten probation , no real jail time . so if i can convince her , i'm going to find a house & some land out in the country & get out of the Burbs .
dans, upstate NY is really a nice place to spend time. but get much above Kingston and its winter allot. but overcoming grandkids is some high hurdle.. I used to live in Westchester county, hunted/rode the bike in pretty much all of eastern to mid NY. I moved to Florida causea winter.. yeah the laws suck here and even if MMJ passes this year it will be some oil/no grow law that will take years to expand to 'legal' one decade at a time. Palm Beach county adopted the under 20 grams is a ticket law but are still arresting for any amount and letting the court figure it out.. a bust is a bust and a feather in there hat.. fuggin shit birds..

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Florida's great, especially for older bones and bodies.

Fla's cannabis laws and the people who support them are beyond scummy

igrowone

Veteran
talk of the south and the north brings me to this classic
i'm sure most have seen it

A SOUTHERNER MOVES UP NORTH

Dec 8 5:00 pm - it's starting to snow. The first of the season and
the first one we've seen in years. The wife and I took our hot
buttered rums and sat by the picture window watching the soft flakes
drift down, clinging to the trees and covering the ground. It was
beautiful!

Dec 9 We awoke to a lovely blanket of crystal white snow covering
the
landscape. What a fantastic site. Every tree and shrub covered with a
beautiful white mantle. I shoveled snow for the first time in years
and loved it. I shoveled both our drive and sidewalk. Later, a city
snowplow came along and accidentally covered our drive with compacted
snow from the street. The driver smiled and waved. I waved back and
shoveled our drive again.

Dec 10 It snowed an additional 6 inches last night and the
temperature
has dropped to about 11 degrees. Several limbs from the trees and
shrubs snapped due to the weight of the snow. I shoveled again.
Shortly after, the snowplow came by and did his trick again. Much of
the snow is now brownish-gray.

Dec 11 It warmed up enough during the day to create some slush which
soon became ice when the temperature dropped again. Bought snow tires
for both cars. Fell on my ass in the driveway. $145
to a chiropractor but nothing broken. More snow and ice expected.

Dec 12 Still cold. Sold the wife's car and bought a 4X4 in order to
get
her to work. Slid into a guardrail anyway and did considerable amount
of damage to the right rear quarter pane. Had another 8 inches of that
white shit last night. Both vehicles covered with salt and crud. More
shoveling in store for me today. That goddam snowplow came by twice
today.

Dec 13 2 degrees outside. More fuckin' snow. Not a tree or shrub on
my
property that hasn't been damaged. Power was off most of the night.
Tried to keep from freezing to death with a kerosene heater which
tipped over and nearly burned the house down. I managed to put the
flames out but suffered 2'nd degree burns on my hands and lost most of
my eyelashes and eyebrows. Car slid on ice on the way to the emergency
room and was totalled!!

Dec 14 Goddam mother-fuckin' white shit keeps on coming down. Have to
put
on all the clothes we own just to get to the fucking mailbox. If
I ever catch the son-of-a-bitch that drives the snowplow, I'll chew
open his chest and rip his heart out. I think he hides around the
corner and waits for me to finish shoveling and then comes down the
street about 60 MPH and buries our drive again. Power still off.
Toilet froze and part of the roof has started to cave in.

Dec 15 6 goddam more fuckin' inches of fuckin' snow and fuckin' sleet
and
fuckin' ice and god knows what other kind of white fuckin's shit fell
last night. I wounded the fuckin' snowplow asshole with an ice axe but
he got away. Wife left me. The car won't start. I think I'm going
snow-blind. I can't move my toes. More fucking snow expected tonight.
I'm moving the fuck back to Texas!!!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup , live in the Great northeast & that one shows up on FB every winter :biggrin:

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
dans, upstate NY is really a nice place to spend time. but get much above Kingston and its winter allot. but overcoming grandkids is some high hurdle.. I used to live in Westchester county, hunted/rode the bike in pretty much all of eastern to mid NY. I moved to Florida causea winter.. yeah the laws suck here and even if MMJ passes this year it will be some oil/no grow law that will take years to expand to 'legal' one decade at a time. Palm Beach county adopted the under 20 grams is a ticket law but are still arresting for any amount and letting the court figure it out.. a bust is a bust and a feather in there hat.. fuggin shit birds..

Snook , i've lived north of Kingston 90% of my life , except for a short stint i did in Tampa Fla ..... you can have that humid oven they call Florida !!! :tiphat: lol
I actually love the winters here , but as i get older its getting to be a real PIA cleaning up that shit everytime it snows ! damn kids won't come do it for me either lol

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
If I ever make it back to NC it will be to Asheville. I'm still REALLLYY digging Colorado though. 6 years and counting :yes:

bluntmassa

I can't see a point moving for weed laws I like the mountains of New England myself very few cops and so much heroin they don't give a flying fuck about weed for the most part.

People do have big mouths but that's why you don't tell anyone shit. Plus you get a good price for weed they will pay $20 a gram if you want to be a dick about it. Lol

Floridian

Veteran
Dansbud you wany humidity go North a skosh to say Virginia that's a lot more humid that Fla.Come back home you old geiser I'll take you out to catch some of your namesake.Actually I think I'm only 5 years less geiserly than you.ooop 2-3 ft seas today w/ moderate chop a bit much for my little Key West.Maybe tomorrow