What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Starting a new build from the ground up

packerfan79

Veteran
I am doing a shed build, today we are going to get the lumber to build the shed. As of right now, I am doing a 7.5 x 10 stadium with 4x 1k hps, I already have 4 new nanolux digital ballast, ready to go. Also going to do a 5x5 veg /mum room. I have been anxiously waiting for the carpenter /electrician to get a few days off. I will put some pics up as we go. The shed will be 10 x 15. We have a lot of work but this is the first time I have been able to make my own design without any restrictions. I have always had to deal with tents or rooms in a garage.

packerfan79

Veteran
Update number 1. Got the trailer loaded to find its got a flat tire. Sitting at home Depot waiting for an air compressor. Oh, joy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Update number 1. Got the trailer loaded to find its got a flat tire. Sitting at home Depot waiting for an air compressor. Oh, joy.

with that out of the way, its nothing but smooth sailing from here!
right?!?

this sounds like its going to be fun, hope you dont mind if i stick around!

packerfan79

Veteran
Absolutely pop rocks , It should be mostly built by the time I get home from work tomorrow . It pays to have a carpenter / electrician in the family. Also nice when they work for wax, lol. I will post pictures when I get home from work. Right now it's just a tralier full of lumber.

Hang around and see how it goes pop rocks.

Last edited:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Seclusion. Cool.

So instead of a grow diary are you gonna run a growROOM diary?

Looks & sounds interesting!

packerfan79

Veteran
Shamavis yeah it's fairly secluded family lives behind me fence on the right is covered by 10 ft tall shrubs other side is some what open to the neighbors. I have been planning and replanning this build in my head for 6 months. I want to be flowering by the last week of October, as long as the weather cooperates I should be good. Goal for the first run is 7 pounds, I did 7.5 pounds with less light and half the plants so I think it is do able.this will be an air cooled grow and I will run two crops a year fall and winter.also it will be a stadium similar to northern farmers stadiums. Around 100 Plants.

Last edited:

packerfan79

Veteran
Cool tech, I don't think I have ever had this many posts on a thread this fast. I am working within the 100 Sq ft confines of the new medical regulations in California. I think this could be a duplicatable design for a great yield and a decent veg room . I know it's going to be a challenge working in the confines of a stadium grow. I am planning on doing coco in 2 gallon root pouches. I may at some point set up a drip system.

packerfan79

Veteran
Tech, I am doing standard r-12, with 1/2 in drywall, and reflectictix every where I may do a foam board below the reflectix . I am only going to grow during the fall and winter. So not concerned with keeping heat out or ac

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey pop rocks, I live in a godforsaken desert. I have a few other reasons. I work and go to school. I am OK with taking some time off. Throw the mom's under some time 5s for the off season. I did it day in and day out for 4 years. I like a break from the hectic schedule.

packerfan79

Veteran
One day it will probably be a full time job. I have been thinking about doing a couple 50/50 gardens with some people close to me.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
no worries, brother!
i like to take a break form things myself, every now and then myself

/not like you wont ahev plenty of smoke

packerfan79

Veteran
That's right pop, we got this tomorrow morning. We will be building walls. I have the day off and we are getting a early start.

Latest posts

Latest posts